Prologue (His Past) – 9. Fated Night
2.3k 2 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rose helped him opened the door to his room while supporting his body.

She looked around as she entered it. The size of his room is not big even compared to the guest room where she stayed right now. The walls are ivory yellow, the floor is covered with red carpet, the only one that gives the impression of elegance is a crystal chandelier that hanging in the middle of the room.

There isn't much furniture, to the right is just a big bed with a wardrobe beside it. In the middle, a large sofa pairing with simple table. To the left is only a desk with a chair and two glass cabinets filled with books. His room looks simple for a prince like him.

She leaned him on the big sofa in the middle of the room.
"I will ask the guards to call a doctor, " she said as she left.

"I can't let anyone know about this. They might think I want to cheat for tomorrow's hunting competition."
He quickly caught her hand, prevent her to leave.
"Don't... Do you know the punishment for breaking into the hunting ground? Fifty lashes, no matter your status."

"Under these circumstances, is it possible they still want to punish you?" she said in disbelief tone.

"Whatever my condition... punishment will be still carried out, " he said in a weak voice.

She paused a moment while keep looking at him. His breath sounds heavier and irregular, from the look on his face the pain on his back really tormented him.

Rose shook her head as she can't stand to see him in pain any longer.
"I can't see you like this! I'll call the doctor and take all punishment for both of us, " she said as she tried to leave.

He held back her hand again, then he pointed to a glass cabinet near his desk.
"I keep a medicine box at the bottom of that cabinet, there are a few bottles of antidote in it."

She quickly took it and unpacked it on the table, after finding the antidote at the bottom of the box, she opened his blazer.

He pulled back his blazer in shock and turned his gaze to her.
"What are you doing?"

"Treating your wounds, what else?"

He looked away in embarrassment.
"I can do it myself."
"She's an unmarried woman, how could she act recklessly like this?"

She frowned in confusion.
"Your wound is on your back and no one here beside me. How do you treat it without my help?"

He paused while keep looking away.
"She's right. But I think it's inappropriate for a woman doing this. Moreover there only two of us in this room."

She tried to open his blazer again, but he stop her.
"I told you I can do-"

But, before he finished his sentence, she interrupt him in annoyance.
"If you keep this up, I'll tie you with my whip!"

He fell silent and took a glance at her a moment.
"What a weird woman... Is she not afraid her reputation will be ruined because of this?" Unconsciously, he let out a quiet chuckle. "Fine then, I will consider this as a payment because I saved her." then he release his hand slowly.

Rose opened his blazer and unbuttoned his shirt, meanwhile, even though he already permit her, he could be helped but feeling nervous.
"Is it because I've never been treated like this before?"

She glanced at his face and noticed his nervous expression.
"Don't worry, I won't do anything."

He turned away to covered his red face.
"What happened with me? She just treated me. Why I'm feeling so nervous?"

Secretly a smile started to develop on her lips.
"Very interesting, he looked calm when fighting, but turned nervous when I opened his shirt."

After removing his entire shirt, she could see his body clearly. His well-defined muscles, broad chest, several scars on his chest and back indicate that he is a real fighter.

Rose glanced at his face which still looked nervous and flushed, occasionally he seemed to hold back his pain. Instantly, her heart pounded, she could even feel her face feels hot and red.
"What am I thinking? I should focus on treating him."
"I'll get the poison out, " she said.

She began to press around his wound while he trying to hold his groans as an intense pain struck his back.

"I can't get the poison out, there's blood clots clog the wound. I have to take it out with my mouth, " she thought.

She brought her face close to his back to suck the poison. As her lips touched his back, he gasped in shock, his heart beating fast and quickly turned around.
"What are you doing?"

"There's blood clots that clogging up your wound, I must remove the poison with my mouth," she explained.

"How could she do that without any shame?!"
"There's no need to go that far, just help me put on the antidote and wrap it with bandages." he said in a panic.

She looked at him with annoyed expression.
"This man is so stubborn! Is he really want to die?"
"Now that I think about it, it seems easier to call a doctor than treating a stubborn patient, " she said as she left.

"Wait!" he shouted. "We will get in trouble if anyone know about this." He let out a surrender sigh as his face turned even redder.
"I will obey..." he said in a soft voice.

She brought her face close and began to suck the poison on his back. As her soft lips touched his back, his heart beating even faster. She could hear he trying to hold back his groans while his face still flushed red in embarrassment.

Rose spat out the poison into a towel, cleaned his wound with alcohol, put on the antidote and wrapped it with a bandage.
"It's done."

"Thank you, " he said as he put his shirt back on.

She looked at him gently.
"I should be the one to thank you. You got hurt because of me."

"You almost killed me out of embarrassment."
"It's my duty " he answered.

She unconsciously still stared at him.
"I think I've seen him before..."

Suddenly, she remembered when she attended the sword competition in Zephyrus three months ago. A man in white uniform stole her attention in the final round match. The match used Battle Royale system where participants will fight each other until one person left as the winner. And he was able to defeat his three enemies in less than five minutes. She could not see his face clearly because of his rapid movements, but she can never forget his name.

"Are you... Asteria's Demon Prince, Angelus Raizel Reinheart?" she said out of blue.

He surprised for a moment.
"I often hear people talking behind my back and calling me with that nickname. But they never dare to tell me directly." Unconsciously a chuckled slipped of his mouth. 
"Demon prince? Is my reputation that bad?" he said with a sweet smile on his face.

When she saw his smile, her cheeks turned red, her heart pounded. 
"Who knew that the cold Asteria's Demon Prince have a sweet smile like this?"
"I don't think it's bad to have a nickname like that."

"Do you think I look like a demon?" he said while looked her in the eye.

His sharp gaze, made her heart pound faster. She gazed up at him in a daze, her eyes fixed on his. She leaned her face toward him unconsciously and stopped after she could clearly see his flushed cheeks.

"What is she doing? She's too close..." he thought. 
"Miss?"

His voice made her thoughts back.

As she got her thoughts together, she rested her hands on his chest and leaned closer to his ear. 
"I think you are too handsome to be called a demon" she whispered. She thought she had gone crazy doing something bold like this to a man that she barely knew.

Angel distanced his face from her, he looked surprised and nervous. This is the first time he lost his calmness. 
"Thank you."

She chuckled when she looked at his expression. 
"Why do you look so nervous?"

He looked away in embarrassment. 
"To be honest, I've never been this close to a girl before. "
"Am I looks that nervous?"

"Really? What does it mean I am the first?" she said in excited tone.

He glanced at her briefly and nodded slowly.

She smiled as she saw his shyness. Maybe she's the only girl who knows the other side of the cold Asteria's Demon Prince. This side of him made him looks cute and... more human, even people won't called him demon prince anymore if they saw him like this. 
"There's must be a reason behind his cold attitude." she thought.

"Since you saved me today, I will give you a present, " she said while her eyes still fixed on him.

She put her arms around his neck and pulled him closer until their lips meet each other.

He pushed her away spontaneously. 
"M-Miss, this is inappropriate-"

Before he could finish his sentence, he lost his balance and fell on the sofa. 
"You... poisoned me...?" he said as he tried to maintain his consciousness.

She brought her face closer. 
"You already saved me, so there's no way I could poison you. It's just sleeping drug. I'm sure that your wound is still stings your back now and it can torture you all night. This sleeping drug can help you have a rest tonight. So you'll be better tomorrow. "

He struggled to keep himself awake. 
"Name... tell me your name..." he said in a weak voice.

She thought for a moment, then gave him a smirk. 
"If you want to know my name, meet me at the hunting competition tomorrow and win that competition for me."

His eyes closed slowly as he no longer able to maintain his consciousness.

She watched his sleeping face. 
"I never thought there's a man who could steal my heart this fast. Angelus Raizel Reinheart..." she whispered. 

48