Prologue (His Past) – 5. Peace Alliance Meeting Party
2.4k 1 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Days quickly passed, the meeting day arrived.

It's sunny day in Eternal Harmony City. The city condition is more lively than usual. More guests arrived at Golden Light Castle.

Angel swung the reins around his hand and pulled it to stopped his horse as he arrived at the castle entrance. He came down from the horse and took a quick step forward to enter the castle. A man in white official uniform stood side by side with him who began to walk in wide strides.
"Your Highness, the king is waiting for your report in the main hall.”

He simply answered him with a nod.

After seeing his replied, the official stopped his steps and bowed his head.

*

*

*

Meanwhile, a red carriage with the wolf crest of Zephyrus in gold entered the courtyard. Some of the servants put a short staircase at the door of the carriage and guided the king who came out of it so he's not step on his robe.

King Eudon Crystoll Heart is the current King of Zephyrus. He has dark red hair with classic style cuts, purple eyes, fierce face and thin mustache. He wore red royal military uniform, his collar pinned with a gold badge with the wolf crest of Zephyrus surrounded by ruby stones and red robe with white wolf fur on his shoulder.

After a while an elegant faced woman in red royal dress followed him. Rose Ambrosia Heart is King Eudon's nephew and the only princess of Zephyrus. Although she was only sixteen years old, her beauty was clearly visible. Her long dark red hair slightly wavy and half braided. Her eyes are purple, her skin is white and her lips are thin coral red.

An official bowed to greet them politely.
"Welcome to Asteria, Your Majesty."

He replied with a nod.

"The King has ordered to serve you well. I will escort you to your room, " the official said as he gestured him to follow him.

King Eudon and Rose followed the official to their room, while their knights and guards tailing them.

Rose slipped a silent sigh as she remembered her conversation with King Eudon last week.

"In seven days there will be peace alliance meeting party in Asteria, there will be many high-ranking officials and other princes, you can choose your future husband from one of them. But I heard Prince Ilex of Asteria is the best of all. He's a handsome and talented man, many women have fallen in love with him. His age should be not far from yours."

She silently followed King Eudon, but her mind was lost in thoughts. She knew King Eudon only wanted her to do political marriage voluntarily, since many nobles still opposed him. Her family was also always considered the weakest compared to other royal families abilities. That's why, King Eudon decided to seek support from other kingdoms through marriage and Prince Ilex of Asteria was the best choice. If Rose marries him, her family will have full support from Asteria and her family's position as the ruler of Zephyrus won't be considered weak anymore so no one will dare to rebel.This method is the most peaceful way to overcome the rebellion in her kingdom. But... is a princess really destined to marry someone who she doesn't love and must sacrifice her happiness?

The official's voice interrupted her thoughts.
"Your Majesty, this is your room. If you don't like it, we can change it, " he said as he opened the door to a luxury big bed room.

King Eudon entered the room and swept his gaze around it before returned his gaze to the servant.
"I will take this room."

"You can pull the rope beside the bed if you need something, " the official added, then he turned to Rose and gestured her to follow him.
"Princess Rose, I will escort you to your room."

Rose nodded, but when she just about to follow the official. King Eudon instructed her.
"You have to get ready early today."

"I understand," she replied, then she bowed and followed the official to her room.
"Whatever happens I won't give up to my destiny..."

*

*

*

The sun had set, fireworks gliterred in the night sky above the Golden Light Castle. Rose and King Eudon entered the main hall. 

The guards in front of the hall's door announced their arrival.
"King Eudon and Princess Rose has arrived!"

Everyone's attention turned to them. Her appearance attracted the attention of several men who saw it.

A man in his twenties with black hair and dark blue suit approached them. He bowed.
"Good evening, Your Majesty. Do you still remember me?"

King Eudon was silent for a moment while looking at him, before he finally noticed.
"Prince Artheur! I haven't seen you for a long time, I barely recognize you! Last time I saw you, you still a little boy. But look at you now, you've grown into a fine man!" he said in excitement.

Artheur smiled shyly.
"Thank you for your compliment, Your Majesty."

"I almost forgot, where's your father?" King Eudon said while looking around.

"Father can't be present, so I came here to represent him." Artheur answered.

"Too bad, I haven't talked to him for a long time." said King Eudon disappointed.

Artheur cleared his throat and glanced at Rose, as a request to King Eudon to introduced him to her.

King Eudon noticed his request.
"Ah... Where's my manners? Let me introduce you, this is my niece Rose." then he turned his gaze to her. "Rose, this is Prince Artheur of Draconis."

She bowed and smiled slightly.
"Good evening, Prince Artheur."

Artheur bowed with a smile to replied her greeting.

Suddenly, the guards in front of the hall's door gave another announcement.
"Prince Ilex has arrived!"

They shifted their attention to the hall's door. A golden-yellow hair man about the same age as her, tall, well-built with typical Prince of Asteria's uniform entered the hall. His stepped with dignity while keep flashing his smile towards the crowds.

His presence caught King Eudon's attention.
"Prince Artheur, excuse me for a moment." he said as he left.

King Eudon approached him and started a friendly talk with him.She looked at them from distance. 

Artheur's voice made her attention back to him.
"Princess Rose, I've never seen you before. Is this your first time attending this meeting?"

She turned her gaze to Artheur and quickly apologize to him as she realized her impoliteness.
"Yes, this is my first time. So, I apologize for my lack of manners."

One of King Eudon's aides approached her.
"Your Highness, His Majesty is calling you."

She shifted her gaze to King Eudon briefly then returned to Artheur.
"Prince Artheur, I will excuse myself." then she bowed to him and approached King Eudon.

She bowed.
"Uncle, did you call me?"

"Prince Ilex, this is my niece, Rose." said King Eudon with a happy smile on his face, as his plan goes well. 

Ilex bowed his head.
"Princess Rose, welcome to Asteria."

She bowed to reply his greetings.
"Thank you for the invitation, Prince Ilex."

"Take your time. I have other business to do." said King Eudon.

She knew that was just an excuse to bring them together. They replied him with a slight bow as King Eudon walked away from them. 

Ilex turned his gaze to her.
"I heard a lot about you, they said you are a beautiful girl , as beautiful as Moonlight Sunrose."

"But today I can see it's all wrong, you're more beautiful than any flower in the world. " Ilex added seductively.

Rose forced herself to smile.
"Thank you for your compliment." she replied.
"Uncle, are you sure want to set me up with this man?"

The sound of waltz music starts to flow.
"You're the most beautiful girl I ever met. If you don't mind, would you dance with me?" he continued while extending his hand.

She took his hand while maintaining her forced smile. They walked to the middle of hall, bowed briefly at one another, then put their palms together and began to dance. They spinning around to the music while looking around them. Among the crowds that watching them, she could see King Eudon smiling satisfiedly for the success of his effort.

She felt that time was running very slowly while she danced, until she finally found an opportunity to escape. She saw King Eudon busy talking to several people, blocking his view to her, while his aides was also not there.

"My apologize, Prince Ilex. I'm a little tired. I'll rest for a while. " she said as she released her hands from him.

Ilex bowed as he took and kissed her hand slowly. 
"Thank you for accompanying me tonight."

She only replied him with a slight smile then quickly stepped out from the center of the hall and slipped out.

"Choose he said? This is clearly an arranged marriage!"

Just a few seconds after she left the hall, she heard a footsteps following her. She fastened her steps and immediately turned at the end of the corridor. She kept running while looking around tried to find a way to escape in panic then she saw one of the windows open. Without second thoughts, she climbed up the window and jumped down, even though she was on the second floor.

She hid herself among the bushes.
"I'll get caught if I stay here. At least I want to hide until this annoying party is over."

Rose noticed a tall iron fence only a hundred meters away before her.
"Well then, I'll leave and take a walk in the city until this party is over."

She ran as fast as she could and climbed the fence to get out of the castle toward the city. At least that's what she thinks…

Glossary 

Moonlight Sunrose is rose-shaped flower that glows white silver when exposed to sunlight and glows reddish when exposed to moonlight.

53