Prologue (His Past) – 6. When I See Her
2.4k 3 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Angel entered the main hall at the same time as Ilex but he forbade the guards to announce his arrival. When everyone's attention was on Ilex, he quickly moved to the corner of the hall, the only quiet place there. On that place, he could pay attention to his surroundings without being noticeable.

He doesn't like parties, because of his hair color makes him stand out among Reinheart's descendants and become everyone conversation's subject.

In contrast to him, Ilex was very fond of parties, his cleverness in words made him easy to get along with other nobles, in addition he was always mentioned as the strongest candidate for the next King of Asteria, so he naturally attracted everyone's attention. 

He shifted his gaze to the crowd in the middle of the hall and could see Ilex proudly showing off his dancing skills with a girl.

"It's looks like Ilex has found his new target this time."

At every party, Ilex usually will approach a girl to make her accompany him all night and no one ever reject him before. For a girl is an honor for her to be chosen by him. That's why he's known as Asteria's Prince Charming.

Angel took a glass of champagne from a servant that passed beside him. Since he has poor alcohol tolerance, he also doesn't like all kinds of alcoholic drinks. A glass of champagne can make him drunk all night. But for important events like this, he usually still drinks a few sips or holds it throughout the party as formality.

He stared at the champagne that sparkled like a star on his hand. His mind began to drift away reminiscent of his childhood memories when he danced with his father in this place.

Ophelia's voice interrupted his thoughts.
"Angel, will you dance with me?" she asked shyly.

He gave her a slight smile and refused politely.
"Thank you for your offer. But I'm not in the mood to dance."

She looked down to hid her disappointed expression.
"Alright, forgive me for bothering you." then she left.

"Forgive me, Ophelia, I'm sure Ilex would have gone berserk if he saw you dancing with me. I don't want to cause trouble."

Angel turned his gaze back to the hall, suddenly his attention was shifted to a girl in white dress who slipped out of the hall in a hurry.

"Didn't she just dance with Ilex? Why is she in such a hurry? "

Realizing something was wrong, he immediately put down his glass and followed the girl out of the hall, down the corridor before finally disappearing at the end of the corridor. He checked the situation around where she had disappeared.

"How could she disappear without a trace? Does she use 'teleport'? But this castle is already protected by 'magic shield'. Abilities like 'teleport' can't be used here."

When he decided to try to search for her somewhere else, he looked toward the window and could hardly believe what he was seeing. He saw the girl climbing the hunting ground's fence. A place of monsters and beasts that specially prepared for tomorrow's hunting competition.

"You gotta be kidding me!" he said while climbing the window and jumping down.

Glossary 

Teleport is the ability to move places in an instant.

Magic shield is a barrier that makes all magic power unusable.

44