Chapter 29: Departure
894 0 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is the last chapter of the Arc, but a new adventure awaits Siana already.

 

"Siana... is something keeping you in this world?"

After a few minutes of silence, Savia raised her voice.

“I don't know… Fen is here. You are here. My friends... But does anything of it keep me in this world? I don't know. Maybe... What about you? Why are you here?"

Savia reached out and pointed at me.

"Because of you. Father left me a letter that you are in danger."

"Wait a moment! Then why isn't father with you here?"

Savia looked at the ground.

"He can't, no more... He is imprisoned in a crystal, and no one except the chosen person can free him."

“And this chosen person? Who is that? And why father?"

She shrugged her shoulder questioningly.

“I don't know who that person is. Father's last words were lyrical and seemed like a riddle."

She sighed out loud once before continuing.

"He said to me, "I will protect the world even if it ends." I don't know what he meant by that... I just don't know. He didn't tell me why it had to be him. I know something about everything, but again too little to be able to say anything decisive... I don't know who the chosen one is."

She jumped up.

"Do you want to see it?"

"See?"

“How our world has changed. Nothing stays the same... The timeline between this and our world is too far apart. A day here is something of a week, if not two, in our world. Father said that the elapsed time varies, from 1 day to 1 day or 1 day to 1 month. He called it, timeline relationship. If the timeline of this world is a straight line, our world's timeline is a steady wave pattern. But our wave pattern never intersects with this world but runs parallel."

I was just sorting out what Savia was telling me, and only when I thought it all over again in my head did I realize what she was trying to say to me.

"You mean to tell me that in this month that I spent here, more than 1 year was missing in the other world?"

"EH!?"

What about your reaction?

"I've only been here for ~ 1½ months, around ~400 days."

"Ah! That's right... Well, for me, it was 2½ months until I found out where you went."

About 1 week... she arrived 1 week after me here... Avila arrived only 3 days later... and she said she wasn't looking for me? Did she already know me? After all, it had taken Savia 2½ months and Avila just 1 month. Or is it all just a coincidence? The lizard also appeared on the 4th day, the same day as Avila...

Everything could be a coincidence, but also not.

"So? Let's go back to my question, do you want to see it?"

I was speechless. What Savia offered me was to travel to another world.

"I..."

“Are you worried about school? About your friends? Look, I've brought something."

Savia took out a small red stone. Runes were engraved on it with black metal.

"And this is?"

"Oh! A real rarity! A time stone that can send us up to two days through time. Through it, we can go back into our world for up to 1½ months!"

She let her gaze wander to the lying fen.

"Unfortunately, this's only meant for two... So Fen would have to wait for us."

I looked between Fen and Savia.

"Savia, can you leave us alone for a moment?"

She nodded and fell backward from the roof. I looked over the edge behind her, but she waved to me with a smile from the ground.

"Fen."

I knelt down to him.

*Woof*

He barked once and sat up.

"Can we trust Savia?"

*Woof*

He barked in agreement and licked my cheek.

“What about Avila? Or... what was her name again... Thily?"

*Grrrr*

Fen immediately began to growl, looking tense. Already at Avila's name, he grimaced, but by the name, Thily, it also darkened.

“Well, not… you know Fen, I can only believe what I see, and I want to see how father and mother are doing. Will you let me go with Savia?"

I looked grave, but instead of answering with a bark, he nudged me with his nose.

"Take care of yourself."

!!!

A young male voice rang out in my head.

“Fen!?”

Surprised, I called his name, but he tilted his head to the side, confused, with a face that said to me, "What's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing."

I waved off my surprised outburst and got up.

"Savia!"

I called her name down. A moment later, she appeared on the edge of the roof and sat down again.

"How did you decide?"

She asked me straight out, and I immediately nodded in response.

"I'll come with you."

A big smile formed on her face.

“Yes! Ready?"

"Now?"

"Now!"

I rolled my eyes because I thought I had time to prepare myself. Savia took my hand and placed the time stone between our hands. The time runes flashed.

The environment changed. The moon was not yet in all its fullness.

"Two days in the past?"

"Correct, we should hurry before a paradox arises."

Savia took out a small black crystal and tossed it in front of her. Immediately a crack opened in mid-air.

"After you."

Savia pointed with her arms at the crack and looked at me.

“...”

I nodded and made my way to the rift. Savia grabbed my hand before I could step into the rift.

"Don't let go. Otherwise, we'll lose each other."

I nodded again and held her hand tightly.

 

=== A few hours before Savia and Siana's meeting, POV third-person ===

 

"Miss Thily."

A short man, perhaps 1 1/2 meter tall, appeared in front of the woman. She looked like she was around twenty years old, with long dark blonde hair tied back in a wreath. Her eyes were red and orange.

"What is that?"

Her tone was cold and unemotional.

"We have new information."

The man rubbed his hands and cast a somewhat shady look around.

“This came from one of our spies. It's about a meeting between a daughter of Jormun and a sister of Miss Thily, who is still unknown."

“An unknown sister? Interesting, which side is the information coming from?"

"From your sister Avila."

Her gaze showed only a micro-expression, the corner of her mouth twisted for a moment.

"Forget it! This information was given to us on purpose."

Thily turned away and left without looking at her follower.

33