51. The Villainess Keeps Thinking of Soup
540 17 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: Just a quick word to say, happy 50th chapter! :D The plot will finally beginning moving now. Kind of. Ehehe enjoy!


"Mmhm, so I was explaining to her the beauty of the unit circle, and how my favorite number is pi, which you know is 3.141592653--"

"Rose," I cut in, "I don't want to know."

Rosa blew air out of her mouth, looking exasperated. She forked up her salad and brought it up to her lips, grumbling, "At least let me get to the twentieth number, won't you?"

I gave her an obviously fake smile. "Yeah, no."

She sighed. The sparkles around her were as eye-catching as ever, but I deftly swatted them away.

We were in her house, eating lunch at the stairs as the twins played out at the backyard. I was done with mine while she was barely even halfway through hers, since all she'd done for the past thirty minutes was talk. That made it pretty hard to eat.

"Do you even know how hard this week was for me? You don't, huh?"

I pretended to consider it. "Let's see, attending classes and having fancy lunches and sleeping in comfy beds? Sounds absolutely horrendous."

"You think I'm able to sleep?" she shot back. "I've avoided the lake event and the training event and the flower shop event, and then I had to make sure I was there in time for the Crown Prince lunch event..."

"Sounds absolutely horrendous," I repeated.

She narrowed her eyes at me for a second longer, then slumped over, munching on her greens. "Yeah," she swallowed. "Sorry. I know you have it rougher than I do. Which reminds me!"

"Mm?" I replied, yawning.

"I've got super good news for you, Filly!" she announced.

"Which is?"

Rosa grinned as I waved the resulting wave of sparkles away with practiced ease. "Give me two more weeks and I'll be getting the allowance the Duchess was keeping from me. Which means, you don't have to work as much for those bratty loan sharks!"

My eyebrows shot up. "Seriously?"

"Yeah!"

To be perfectly honest, I wavered for a few moments. I couldn't really be happy since Rosa was talking about future events again, and she probably had no proof about this except for her intuition (or something as equally vague as that), but also, that would be a real big help if she was really going to get that allowance.

After struggling by myself for several seconds, I breathed out slowly. "Can't say I'm completely sold on it yet, but I sure hope this is one of the instances where you're right."

"Trust me!" Rosa said, beaming so hard I could probably count all of her teeth, up to her molars.

"Oh, by the way, did you hear? The Rose Palace is being searched." The Rose Palace was the Queen's residence, and since Queen Ilana had been found to have been poisoning King Sylvester, it only made sense that her possessions would be under suspicion as well.

Rosa swallowed another bite. "Took them long enough. It's been how many months since the Queen was found guilty?"

I thought back. "You've been in the Academy for four months now, right? So about five months."

She shuddered. "Now everything is really going to be going crazy. I'm not looking forward to this," Rosa said as she shook her head woefully.

I smacked her.

"Ow!"

"Don't say that! What if things do take a turn for the worse?"

She rubbed her shoulder. "I'm only saying! It's going to happen whether I say it or not!"

Mother Lily peeked out from above the stairs. "What's going to happen?"

We both looked up. "Mother Lily!" I called. "Come on down. The Queen's residence is being searched."

"The Rose Palace? Took them long enough," she replied, making her way downstairs. "It's been so long since they found her guilty."

"That's exactly what I said," Rosa nodded.

"And what about that Prince?" continued Mother Lily.

I scrunched up my nose. "What Prince?"

"You know, Prince Baltazar? King Sylvester's brother that we talked about in Chapter 4 but never brought up again because the author totally forgot his existence for the past 46 chapters?"

I hit my forehead in recognition. "Ohh, that Prince! I don't know, is anything going on with him?"

"We'll be seeing him pop up a lot more in what's to come," Rosa answered grimly. She looked quite grim, her lips set in a grim line and her shoulders tensed up in a grim manner. She oozed grimness with all of her being, and I would've been struck with absolute nervousness had it not been for my years of training ignoring the strangest urges that came with her changes of emotion.

Mother Lily frowned delicately. "Oof, I hope not. The author hasn't really talked about him for the past 46 chapters, you know?"

"Yeah, we totally know," I agreed.

"He's gonna be important," Rosa reminded us. "Very important. Prince Baltazar. Remember his name, because he's going to appear a bunch more times."

Mother Lily tapped her chin. "I see. Prince Baltazar, huh. King Sylvester's brother. Maybe treasonous to the King. The Crown Prince's uncle."

"Right, Prince Baltazar. The brother of King Sylvester. Yes. Very important," I nodded.

(And we all faced the fourth wall and nodded together, in silent synchronization, before turning back to each other.)

"Anywho (Prince Baltazar), what's this I hear of apple beer (Prince Baltazar)?" Mother Lily asked.

I brightened up. "My newest creation (Prince Baltazar)! It's been here for a bunch of chapters already, actually (Prince Baltazar)."

"Yeah, even I've heard of it (Prince Baltazar)," Rosa said. "Heard Uncle (Prince) likes it (Baltazar) a lot (Prince Baltazar)."

"It's (P) basically (R) just (I) apple (N) juice (C) with (E) regular (B) beer (A) and (L) --"

"Okay, enough!" Rosa roared. She slammed the wall next to her and flipped the table at the base of the stairs. "Enough! Enough! We get it already! Go stub your toe on a corner somewhere, author!!! Now leave!!!!"

(...)

(...)

(the author has left the chat.)

Rosa stood there, huffing and puffing like an angry boar, for a while more, then dropped down on her original seat and motioned for the conversation to continue.

"...yeah. Regular beer and apple juice. Mix. Done. Hehe."

"...really, now. Sounds delicious. Why don't you bring me a sample next time. Hahaha."

"....huh. I'll do that. Hehe." 

"You're welcome," Rosa said, not batting a single eyelash, and we concluded our conversation thusly.

"Now let me tell you about how Lady Mildred and I infiltrated-- sorry, I meant entered-- the Student Council."


They entered the Student Council.


A/N: That's it for the chapter, guys! Hope you enjoyed, it's kinda short but I'm kind of mad at Rosa right now so liek don't even exp--

"Okay stop. Why are you skipping my part of the story? Who made this person the author?!"

Oof, Rosa, nobody gave you the permission to speak--

"If you don't do it properly then I'll make it so all your professors test you on calculus and engineering principles no matter what subject you take even if they only teach you literature and you actually haven't taken a proper math class since five years ago and"

EEK! Okay guys haha I was completely totally joking about everything of course I was and here's the rest of the chapter enjoy! :DDDD


Ahem.

Rosa Chesterfield and Lady Mildred walked up to the Student Council room. The doors slid open and the two noble girls walked in, completely oblivious to the stares they were receiving from the people inside the room.

Rosa's eyes slid from left to right in a quick scan of the people inside. According to her calculations, Leonard Avelaide-- the one with the highest death rate-- would not be in the room right now due to external circumstances involving his spying business for his father. She was correct: she saw no signs of the telltale green eyes and dark brown hair. She exhaled softly. Good.

"Lady Chesterfield, Lady Lindvall," greeted the Student Council President, who was simultaneously the Crown Prince of the nation. He stood by the window with the light cast against his silhouette, like a proper otome game target. "To what may I owe this opportune visit?"

Crown Prince Alexander Forbias did not truly consider this visit opportune, for he saw nothing good out of it. The fiance he didn't really like that much and the new noble who scared the daylights out of him? Only years of continuous image building kept him from breaking down in front of his Student Council members like a baby.

The two ladies curtsied, though Rosa curtsied so quickly that one of the Student Council members blinked and missed it. "Crown Prince Alexander Forbias," they greeted in return.

Once Lady Mildred rose from her gracious curtsy, the room fell silent once more, awaiting the ladies' response.

Gravely, Rosa turned her eyes towards the seats of the table in front of them. Out of the fourteen seats available, eleven were filled-- the one at the very end was to be filled by the President, or the Crown Prince himself.

Two seats remained empty.

"We are here to apply to be part of the Student Council," Rosa said, finally breaking the tangible silence that had filled the room.

The Crown Prince immediately heard traumatic whispers of Rosa for president echo in his ears1see Chapter 38: The Heroine Protects Lunchtime For Everyone, but he shook it away in a hurry. His clear blue eyes wavered. "You would like to be part of the Council?"

"Yes."

The eleven Student Council members all turned to look at the President as he lapsed into silence. There was no reason to say no-- he had no right to do so-- but he really couldn't let his most feared enemy come to the Council! Who knew what chaos she would bring to the Academy? He almost shuddered at the thought.

After a pregnant pause, Prince Alexander said, "You know the responsibilities of the Student Council, of course." His airy tone of voice did not match the storm that brewed in his insides, but nobody knew that. "Much of your spare time will have to be taken in this very room. Are you truly up for the burden that comes with this position?"

(Some of the Student Council members swooned at this serious reminder, finding the Prince's sense of responsibility quite wonderful.)

Rosa smiled thinly, and the members closest to her squinted-- why did she suddenly look so bright? It was strange-- as she said, "We would be more than honored."

Lady Mildred nodded, for Lady Mildred didn't really want to be part of the Student Council but was being kind of pushed into it. Rosa was a scary leader at times.

"...tch," said the Crown Prince, though nobody heard it but the nearby fly, which swooned at the sound and fell to the ground dead. He was, after all, the main capture target. He must have his buff as well. He smiled thinly back, and the members closest to him (that hadn't swooned yet) squinted, suddenly finding the room way too bright for anyone's own good.

Lady Mildred, being Villainess, was unaffected by either. She merely wondered why suddenly people were either swooning or squinting, but couldn't ask because Lady Mildred did not ask questions.

"The application forms are this way," the Crown Prince said, reluctantly-- he was quaking in fear, much like how Ryan had quaked in fear the chapter previous, but he was much, much better at hiding it. "I'll look forward to your cooperation, ladies."

"Of course," Rosa replied.

The Crown Prince hoped that they would both fail at the interviews level. He downright prayed for it, and in a desperate attempt to keep the two away, Prince Alexander took part in the interview process in his position as President.

"Why would you like to join the Student Council?" he asked, actually meaning what are your evil intentions.

Rosa smiled, and everyone else immediately gave her a point as if they'd been told to. "I'd like to do more good in this world, so that the ratio of good to evil will become less equal and rather tilted to goodness's favor." So that nobody dies, you fool.

Lady Mildred did not answer, but all the interviewers thought up an answer for her in the way her eyes shone in the dim lighting of the room. Some were even moved to tears by the passion they thought they saw.

"What are some detailed plans you have for the Student Council?" the Prince asked, actually meaning show us how unprepared you truly are and give me a reason to kick you out.

"...cream soup," Lady Mildred answered, and all the interviewers gasped, marveling at this creative use of metaphor to describe her intentions to bring new programs to the student body chock full of various ingredients yet hidden in the creamy smoothness of the events. They rose to a standing ovation. 

(She actually meant she'd add more cream soup to the lunch menu because it had tasted quite good the last time she'd had it. Nobody really cared about what she actually meant.)

Rosa, well, she lectured them for a full half hour on modern accounting and her intentions to bring all of the Student Council's spending into an organized and maintainable system until only the math professor remained fully awake.

Alas, none of the Crown Prince's truest and deepest wishes came true on this eventful day.

25