Chapter 9 ‘The perfect child’
1.3k 9 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Golden Queen>

The Queen was sat on her throne. A small child laid asleep within her arms.

The queen could be seen examining the child's body.

'Everything seems to be in order although she seems pretty low on energy. That is to be expected though.'

The queen had spent a lot of time obsessing over how her child would look like. Even before she felt the call.  Every detail was handcrafted to perfection. The child's wings, horns, tail, everything had to be just right. The queen had an image of her perfect child, and she got exactly what she desired.

'At least physically, my dear Navy seems to be lacking in the mental department...'

To say the queen was beyond disappointed was an understatement. She hadn't even expected much and was still disappointed.

'The child has got no spine.'  

The queen had watched through the eyes of Marie as her dear daughter stood outside her chamber for 10minutes. At first, she begged Marie not to take her there and when that failed kept trying to bribe the maid with mortal money. The girl simply had no shame. She has a rather lovely voice though, which was wasted due to her repeating tripping on her words. To top off this sad display, instead of giving her a proper greeting, she lowered her head and bowed... the queen was so very close to losing her calm over the girl's actions.

But the queen has self-control. And despite what her family thinks, she doesn't charge recklessly into situations. The girl clearly needed discipline and had to be taught what was right. It was her job to see to that. The only problem was, she had very little idea on how to.

'Why was she even scared? It's not like I really even hurt her'

Recalling their small battle, the queen was beyond certain she went easy on the girl. She let her use those odd items to recover multiple times. She didn't even aim for her legs or channel her mana actively. 

'Her form of fighting was so crude, lacking any real refinement. The only reason she hadn't been defeated yet was because she faced no serious enemies' 

The queen thought back to her use of mana.

'Her control was all over the place. Watching her use mana in such a wasteful manner was distasteful but then again, something was interfering with her usage.' 

The queen opened her palm and summoned a white orb with a black centre. A blackened soul.

"Spirit, what were you doing hiding away in my daughter?'(G.Q)

"..."

"I really don't like playing games. If you are not willing to answer you can just die."(G.Q)

Mana started to gather around the queen.

"WAIT!"(??)

"Ah... so it does talk"(G.Q)

With the mana still in the air. The spirit quickly hurried its speech.

"Sorry your highness. I didn't mean to anger you. I just didn't understand your question"(??)

The mana in the air quickly started to condense around the tip of her tail.

"I really hate it when they play dumb."(G.Q)

"You mean to tell me a soul as tainted as yours just happened to be relaxing in my daughter's soul? ~Deceiving children is a sin you know? ~"(G.Q)

She sang.

"..."

The queen stored the soul back in her little hell prison. She was not really interested in its answer. So long as it was not in her daughter, she didn't care for it. Nothing can hurt her dear Navy now that she has claimed her.

'Maybe I can use it as a bit of a motivator...'

 

The queen looked down at the girl cuddled asleep on her lap. 

'There is so much work that needs to be done.'

A wicked grin spread on the regal queen's face.

'I can't wait'

 

<Ignavus>

He had awoken to find himself in a similar bed as before, in a similar room as before. Though he could tell the room was different. After all it was void of all his earlier markings.

'I ended up crying after getting spanked...'

Ignavus was blankly staring at a wall in front of him. His wings folded and tail curled. He, a grown man had wept after getting spanked.

'I hate this stupid body...'

Ignavus had tried, he really had, but the differences he had been ignoring were starting to eat away at him. He hugged himself closer. Feeling his new limbs act.

'This is too much...'

His new small body was barely 100cm tall. His limbs were smaller. His head was heavier. Each and every one of his movements seemed to be faster than he was expecting. Walking had become a weird balancing act. His own voice sounded wrong in his ears. And that's not mentioning the biggest change...

Ignavus's hand slowly reached down trying to grab something that didn't exist.

Tears started to well-up as he contemplated what he lost.

'Who am I trying to deceive? Even if I somehow manage to escape my life is basically over...'

Ignavus felt his chest rapidly beating.

'Luke...pl-please answer me. It's not funny anymore.'

A desperate plea was made.

'I need you to answer me! I-I'm feeling so lost. Please say something-anything I just don't want to be alone anymore.'

'I can't do this by myself.'

Ignavus knew he was talking to himself. His saw his good friend be ripped out of him. A bond he once thought unbreakable, destroyed in seconds.

Ignavus was sad. That sadness slowly turned into anger. Anger at the unfairness of the situation. Anger at his own feelings of powerlessness. Anger at his own stupidity. He was mad.

His body responded to his feelings. His wings started flapping and his tail started beating side to side.

'What the hell am I supposed to do!!'

 

 

38