Chapter 10 ‘Becoming a monster’
1.3k 10 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Ignavus>

A knock was heard on the door. Ignavus woke up.

'When did I fall asleep?'

His thoughts still feeling a little slow.

The demon maid walked in.

"Good morning my lady. I hope you had a peaceful night!"(M)

'Morning!?'

The last time he had been awake it was morning.

His head snapped to the direction of the window.

'Where's the window?'

Seeing this action, the demon replied.

"Ah! you must be wondering where the windows went. The mistress saw it fit to remove them to reduce the risks of unwanted ideas popping into your head"(M)

A look of realisation dawned on his face.

'She must have noticed most of the claw marks led to the window because of that demon... I still see well though. I guess that's just plus of being a monster...'

"I have some fun news to report though!"(M)

She did a mock military salute with a smile dawning her face.

"The mistress has ordered me to collect you for your feeding! You must be starving!! But before that, we need to get you all cleaned-up"(M)

The demon sent a knowing gaze to him.

"I believe we won't have the same troubles as before. Right?"

She stared at him. Ignavus stared back... before quickly averting his gaze.

"I can wash myself just fine! I have done it before!! Why must you help?!"(I)

"So, I see we are doing this the hard way."(M)

 

Ignavus stared at the opened courtyard before him. Trying his best to forget things that had just transpired. The demon had used an odd word to describe him eating and that concerned him. When he tried to ask what he would be fed, the demon was strangely jumping around the subject. This made him nervous which helped escalate his fears to a unprecedented degree. 

'What do monsters even eat?'

The open sky looked inviting.

'Maybe I can just fly away?'

Ignavus shot his wings a quick gaze from the side of his eye.

"I wouldn't try that if I were you. You are too young to properly fly. Your wings are still too tiny and cute. Just like the rest of you."(M)

She giggled at her own remarks.

"I doubt you could support yourself for longer than a second."(M)

Ignavus has had just about enough of this maid, and in a moment of indignation snapped back.

"What would you know?! You haven't even seen what I am capable of!"(I)

"~Is that so? ~"(M)

"~And what is my cute, little lady Navy capable of~"(M)

The way she was talking to him... was like that of a child. She was speaking to him like one would with a child they were humouring. Like what he spoke was merely just that. Empty words or impossible dreams. But she, she was wrong. He is a great hero. He makes the impossible possible. Even his current situation, as impossible as it might seem. He would make it. He always had. Feelings he had long forgotten since coming to this detestable place rose once more.

Ignavus walked forward. 

"I guess there is only one way for young and naive to learn..."(M)

The demon muttered not bothering to try and stop him.

Ignavus bent his knees, gathering all the strength this body could muster. He spread his wings. Looking up at the sky, a confident smile could be seen on his face.

'I'll show that damned demon the might of a great hero!'

Ignavus leaped while flapping his wings. He could practically already taste his freedom.

He soared 3 metres in the air before coming to a face first meeting with the ground. A very hard meeting.

"I believe you know what this means!"(M)

"W-What?"

Ignavus replied still dazed from the fall.

"Another bath!!"(M)

 

Ignavus stared at the opened courtyard before him once more. A 100-yard stare was held in his golden eyes.

'It appears that I have really become the world's current training dummy'

"Oh! The mistress is here!"

A black dot appeared high above in the sky. It continued to grow bigger and bigger, until a massive corpse landed in the open space. Ignavus couldn't help but recoil at the smell it gave off.

'Wait, is that an elder sea serpent!!' 

It was in fact, a very large elder sea serpent. Creatures people had feared and for good reason. The average adult could grow to about 50 metres while the truly old ones could reach 80 metres. If their size alone was not enough to deter you. They are known to wield rather dreadful magic. Storms that make the sea impassible weeks after they occur. Terrors of the sea. Masters of the waves. Was laid dead in front of him. Pluck from the sea

'How on earth!?' 

A figure could be seen covered in black blood, picking the scales around its head. It ripped off a chunk of fresh flesh from the fallen beast.

The figure that was 5times his size approached him. It effortlessly scooped him up in its arms.

"I have brought you a small meal for the barren sea"(G.Q) 

The queen still covered in blood. Pushed a chunk of raw flesh towards his face.

"Stop! I can't eat that! You can't make me!!"(I)

Ignavus began to squirm within her grasp, trying to free himself.

'Why would raw flesh even be an option! I may have become a monster but I'm not eating raw meat like a dog!' 

"Ah, of course."(G.Q)

'Oh gods, I'm saved!'

The queen took the flesh back. Then proceeded to place it in her mouth before chewing.

This type of meat was almost impossible for mortals to eat. And even young immortals struggled to eat so a common practice had emerged to help young ones.

The queen placed the prechewed food into her hand.

"Now open up your mouth wide"(G.Q)

"NO! No no no n-!!!!"(I)

"I wasn't really asking"(G.Q)

The queen shoved the food down his throat where his body eagerly received it. She repeated this a couple more times until she felt Ignavus was completely full.

The queen took a look at herself. Then at Ignavus who was now covered in sea serpent blood.

"You need another bath."(G.Q)

 

 

 

 

 

37