Chapter 11 ‘ The training begins’
1.2k 10 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Ignavus>

Ignavus had been carried to bed right after the feeding. He tried to protest he wasn't tired but almost immediately fell asleep.

A knock was heard.

'Please go away...'

Ignavus was curled up in a ball underneath the sheets of the... his bed. He might as well start coming to terms with his situation. As much as he hates it. After all, he was fed through regurgitation like a bird by his "mother". The worst part of the whole experience was the fact it actually tasted good. He couldn't be more ashamed. This body was playing with his mind.

His silent hope was for naught, as the sound of the door opening could be heard.

"Lady Navy, I hope your awake"(M)

Ignavus remained perfectly still.

"..."

"Oh no! it appears that my lady is asleep"(M)

A dramatic sigh left the demon maid's mouth.

"Whatever shall I do? The mistress is always too strict with time. Last time we were late... I don't even dare think what would have happened! We were lucky she was in a good mood..."(M)

"Oh well, I guess I just have to tell the mistress that I couldn't wake her up. Hopefully she's in a good mood, she shouldn't come otherwise"(M)

The demon maid started closing the door.

'It's a trap, a very obvious one.... but if that fiend walks in...'

"I'm up!"(I)

The door pushed open.

"Great! The mistress has decided your training will begin today. We'll first start with an etiquette class then a light workout "(M)

"Now before we head. I believe you know what happens next"(M)

'Why must we do this every time! Nobody baths this often!'

His head hang low. Ignavus relented.

"Alright fine! J-just make it quick"(I)

 

The Golden Queen was standing in a large white empty hall. Her attention was held by one small girl.

'How the hell can someone walk wrong!'

Keeping his thoughts to himself Ignavus began to move again.

'Remember, arms to your sides, back at full stand, short but not hurried stride'

"Stop"(G.Q)

"Again"(G.Q)

Returning to position, Ignavus tried his best to not make a face despite his growing frustration.

'My movement was beyond perfect, yet she still finds flaws!'

"You are a member of a proud race. Walk like it"(G.Q)

'I didn't ask to be made into a literal monster. What pride does a monster have!?'

"Stop. Come here"(G.Q)

She spoke immediately after those thoughts had left his mind. 

'It can't read thoughts...right?'

Purposely taking slow steps towards the towering monster. He made his way.

"Faster"(G.Q)

Hearing the command, he picked up his speed.

He stood before the monster, suddenly finding the floor to be the most interesting thing in the room.

"Look me in the eyes"(G.Q)

Ignavus's gaze met the queen's golden one which seemed to shine with a malicious light. A bad feeling started welling in his heart.

 

Ignavus had trouble describing the feeling. The only word that came to mind was Liberation. Freedom in the truest sense of the word. For a fraction of a second, he felt above it all. Unstoppable. Until....

Pain.

He fell on the floor gripping his chest. Time seemed to slow as the pain heightened.

It was burning him.

He was burning. 

The queen watched over his twitching body with an indifferent gaze.

The pain slowed as time appeared to return to normal. Ignavus laid on the ground, muscles spasming. His body was hot and full of energy.

"Since you are yet to start producing your own mana, I will lend you mine for now"(G.Q)

The queen's tail whipped around and wrapped around his midsection before lifting him up.

"Children really are weak. A drop in the bucket and you are reduced to this."(G.Q)

"No problem though, we will fix you given enough time."(G.Q)

 

Ignavus was on a mana high like never before. Nothing compared to the intoxication brought about by overextending your body's natural limit of mana. He had been on many highs before. I good chunk of his earnings had gone to getting off on the stuff through rare herbs. But no high, not even this one could ever convince him to do what he is about to do willingly.

"I believe you understand what you are expected to do"(G.Q)

"C-can we please try something more s-simple..."(I)

Ignavus was starting to freeze. He is wasting most of his mana just trying to keep warm. His beloved "mother" had decided that for his very first training session, he needed to climb one of the tallest mountains using only his claws.

"Perhaps you require some motivation?"(G.Q)

The queen opened her palm.

A soul laid within.

Ignavus's face hardened.

"If you manage to make it to the top. I might allow you to retrieve your pet."(G.Q)

'Luke....' 

Ignavus turned and faced the black wall. It was impossibly tall. He couldn't even see the top of the mountain.

'A maybe doesn't sound very affirmative' 

Ignavus had been trying to not think too hard about the whereabouts of his friend. With the reputation the beast carried, the only conclusions he was reaching were rather dark. Seeing him in front of him had helped some feelings resurface.

'I seem to be forgetting myself rather quickly. A mighty hero can't climb a simple hill?'

Ignavus knew he wasn't going back. He had very clearly become a monster. His fate was sealed the moment he was trapped in this body. He knew this logically.

But.... even if he knows better, even when he knows his resistance was futile, he still had a belief that somewhere, somehow, he was going to be saved from this nightmare. 

That all he had to do was take Luke and take off. The reality of the situation was much different though.

'What silly things am I thinking?'

Even if he can't have all he desires. He was certain of one thing. He was going to keep trying his damnedest to get them all.

He gazed at the porcelain white nails glued to his hand.

'I guess it's time for the great hero to do the impossible'

With his body shivering uncontrollably, he placed one hand onto the wall. Feeling his hand begin to sink in, he let out a confident smirk.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

40