Case 201: Out. (Ranka Arc Finale)
1k 1 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I take out my guns, one by one, from my space bag and float them near me, I resist the urge to give them a hearty kiss on the barrel. Firstly, that's kinda weird, even by my standard, and secondly, there are simply too many guns.

Anyway, let's do our best for the last time, my precious babies. I'll make sure to make you guys in the real world as well.

Soon, judging that Sariel has moved to a suitable position, I aim below at the body of the long snake with my guns. With a simple telekinesis trigger pull, a barrage of bullets shoots out.

''Spark.''

When I activate my ability, the barrels of my guns all glow a bright golden white, signaling they have been imbued by the power of miracle—divine energy. The H.E. rounds under this spell gain a certain degree of friction immunity, which should allow them to fly through the water normally.

Let's rock it some more.

''Overclock.''

As I will my power once more, the bodies of my guns glow this time. This is an overall durability enhancer for my guns, which will allow me to use telekinesis to increase their fire rate artificially.

Just like that, I begin to laser beam the snake's body with practically rounds of grenades as we glide toward its head. The explosion looks pretty nice, but I don't think they're doing much.

''Yeah, no, it's not working.'' I let out a sigh. ''I give up. Using guns for this size, especially underwater, is quite bad.''

''That's what I thought as well.'' Anna comes over and strokes my back gently. ''Mhm... I think we should just punch a hole and enter its body.''

''Ooh... Like one of those movies, huh.''

After randomly deciding on an attack method, we immediately plunge toward the snake again.

''Hold it tight! We're passing through!''

Sariel says as numerous spell formations are constructed around her head, rapidly expanding and overlapping with each other, creating a beautiful mess, an array of magic. Soon, they all merge into one supermassive spell, holding a mass of energy so heavy one would think it is a miniature star.

Fucking terrifying. To think this colossal beast is usually that elegant woman...

As the water around us straight up evaporates away from the immense heat of the spell, Sariel finally lets it all loose, shooting a death star beam at the metallic surface below us.

BOOM—!!

I can feel my whole body shake along with everything else. The beam hits its target squarely, punching a large hole into the creature's body. At this point, Sariel begins to shrink her giant body, turning into a sizeable dragon before steering her way into the gap.

Once inside, I see that this thing's body is not made entirely out of metal but instead a mix of both organic and inorganic stuff. The sight of blood-red flesh skewed by electrical cords and metallic skeletons is quite bizarre, to say the least.

Nevertheless, what to do is clear.

''Drill the hell out of this dude!''

Just like that, we wield our respective weapons and begin to wreck the hell out of this body, much to its owner's distraught. As we progress, however, it does seem that we have indeed angered the creature or at least triggered some kind of defensive mechanism.

The metallic parts of the body begin to glow a faint red, and I can feel more heat as well. But we just keep going anyway. It's a happy drill time.

Getting to break things freely like this is a rare opportunity, I'd say.

''Boom...! Hahahah...! Hm?''

Feeling a little strange all of a sudden, I turn around and up at the pitch-black water.

''Oh, crap.''

There, two giant dots of glowing red greet me. A bit below that, I can vaguely see the outline of something that seems like a mouth—a gaping mouth, one clad with an unimaginable number of sharp, spiky teeth. Focusing my eyes a bit more, I can see that it is indeed a giant mech snake.

My heart skips a beat. Not because I've fallen in love with this thing, but instead because it's creepy as hell. Fucking cosmic horror.

''Everyone, behind!'' I yell. ''Let's finish it once and for all!''

With my party alerted, we quickly prepare to engage with the creature. Befitting a deep-sea leviathan, its gaping mouth opens even wider, and it lunges toward us with terrifying speed.

''Hold hands!''

Rightfully, we teleport away into the distance. As our visions change, the scene of a giant reptile gnawing at its own body appears. It seems quite aggressive.

As it is busy with that, we begin to be ready for the final attack.

Right away, Sariel transforms into a colossal dragon again and focuses her power on a single breath. An immense, hot, and powerful energy orb appears in her jaw.

Then, Liana wields her scythe with both hands, one slowly sliding up the handle as she charges her divine energy into the blade, which is pointed at our target. A beautiful swirl of green surrounds her.

Emy also follows suit, putting two fingers on the blade of her sword and gliding them across its length slowly, all the while with her golden energy flowing out of the sword like a tree root.

Tina, on the other hand, begins to hum a certain melody. As she does that, a gentle aura escapes her body, making her hair and clothes flutter. Under the effect of her singing, our overall strength is delightfully amplified.

Finally, Anna puts her right hand on her heart, her left hand outstretched, casting a majestic barrier around us to prevent interruptions. Her silhouette truly looks divine.

As for me, I spread out my presence and establish my domain. Using the cluster method, which is when I put a bunch of proxy 'servers' to expand my territory more efficiently, the sea abyss is quickly consumed by a beautiful white cover.

''Oh, it's coming at us. Well, good try, good try.'' I grin.

Clocking my brain to the maximum, I draw out all of my available energy and concentrate it behind my back. Cracks start to appear in those spaces, and soon, an arrangement of cannon heads pokes itself out.

These are the most powerful offensive spells I can currently use, ranging from atomic bomb-level explosion magic all the way to instant death rays of extreme heat, all prepared into a single formation. Fueled by divine energy, this can easily destroy a planet.

With our attacks ready, we nod at each other one last time.

''This is the end.'' I declare.

Throwing everything I have forward, a sense of accomplishment suddenly swells within me. I've trained tirelessly for so long, and now, my effort will finally be recognized.

As our colorful power surges through the space, engulfing the struggling creature, a bitter smile blooms on my face.

I can feel it. This is the end of another journey. A journey full of ups and downs, a journey spanning years of time, a journey with my lovely partners, and... A journey filled with joy.

I love this. I don't want this to end. But I also want to finish my duties. Conflicted.

Well... Hopefully, at the end of our journeys... I can still have selfish and stupid thoughts like these.

We're out.

32