Volume 6 Chapter 5: Tea Time
469 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 6 Chapter 5: Tea Time

 

Alfia and Faelyn ate calmly. Two different scenes were occurring at the table. You have Herrick and Melor eating like no tomorrow; screw the knives and forks; they went in on the food. On the other side were Alfia and Faelyn using forks and knives: elegant and calm. There was a discrepancy. 

"Princess," Keith and the others looked up to see elves. Not again. That was the expression Alfia had as she questioned, "What do you want?"

"Can we sit with you?"

"We don't have enough space," Alfia's response was frank and curt. There was no sign of happiness.  

"We understand." The elves didn't say anything as they walked away from there. Anyone could tell they were disheartened by her reply. They also tripped as they walked. 

"Did you have to be so mean to them?" Keith scratched his head. With how cold Alfia was, he felt sympathy for those elves.

"Too bad. Those guys were really annoying." Alfia scoffed, "If you don't do things like this, people will think they could do whatever they want." Being frank and curt was something you had to do to get them away. 

"True," Herrick agreed with her.

"And you have to be especially careful, Keith," Tristan warned. 

"Hey, I don't need to do that." Keith waved his hand. 

"You do," Carolyn interjected. 

"You're too dense to notice things like this. The number of times you did that when we were kids made a lot of girls swoon." Carolyn turned dark as she remembered what happened. 

"Eh? When was this?" This was news to him. 

"Do you know how many girls you charmed when you do nice things?" As Keith walked throughout the city, he would help the citizens out. And that caused some of them to be charmed. 

"Do I look like the type of guy who did this?!"

"..."

Come on! "Licht, help me out here!" Licht should be the only one who would understand.  

"...I can't deny it or prove it. I'm a middleman." Licht looked away. He wasn't getting into this. 

"Anyways, you charmed the life out of them," Carolyn muttered. 

"Huh? But when did this happen?" Keith would have noticed it if he did. 

"That's because you were focused on your stores to notice it. Didn't you see the number of gifts you got?" 

"But those were only congratulatory gifts." Whenever he opened a new bakery, he would get gifts from others. 

"...Do you consider homemade necklaces and flowers congratulatory gifts?"

"..."

"Dude, come on." Jack slapped himself in the head. Anyone could tell it held special meaning. 

"Yeah, Keith. That's a clear sign." Even Herrick had to say something about it. 

"But it was mixed with the others," Keith got them in groups. How was he supposed to know?

"..."

"It's my bad," Keith looked down; he lost this battle. 

...

After classes, Keith and the others went their separate ways. The location Keith headed to was the library. It has become the norm for him to go there now. And when he did, a beautiful angel was sitting near the window. 

"Hello, Senior Ange!" Keith waved. Ange smiled, "Hello, Keith. How were your classes?"

"Pretty good!"

"That's great!"

"..." "..."

"Senior, tell me straight. You have a lot more work again. Don't you?" Ange couldn't fool him with all those flowery words. 

"Ugghh." Ange didn't know what to say. She couldn't look Keith in the eye. 

"Let me see," Keith smiled as he sat across from her. 

"Thank you very much!" Ange didn't hesitate as she summoned the papers out of nowhere!

"Storage?" Keith sensed it. 

Ange's smile blossomed, "So you know about void magic as well, Junior?" 

Keith coughed, "Yes, I know of it."

"Junior, I know you can use void magic as well." Ange smiled, 

"Hmm?!"

"You took those cookies out from storage," Ange revealed. 

"..." Oh, yeah!

"Don't worry, Junior. I won't ever say what you can use." Ange placed a finger on her lips. She knew to keep it quiet. 

"Thank you very much, Senior. Now let's start this." Keith rolled up his sleeves. There were things they needed to do.  

"Understood," Like that, the two started to work on the papers. However, as they did, Ange couldn't help but groan.

"Senior, we still have a lot of paperwork. You can't give up now."

"I know. But sitting like this isn't helping out," True. The two had been sitting here for an hour. 

"How about some drinks?"

"I didn't know you were like that, Keith," Ange snickered. 

"No! I meant tea!" What were you thinking?! Was there something with this girl?

"I know. I was messing around,"

"Hah," Keith sighed as he looked around. 

"No one is around, right?"

"Mmhmm, I will keep watch," Keith quickly took out a whole tea set. Ange marveled, "I didn't think you would bring out an entire tea set."

"Of course. To make great tea, you need to go all out." Keith started to prepare the tea in front of her face. 

"Junior is so serious about these little things,"

"Eh?"

"Nothing. I want to taste it."

"Sure, please have a taste." Keith gestured with his hand. Ange took a sip of the tea, "So aromatic. Junior, you know how to make good tea."

"Thank you. I made the blend myself." He incorporated different types of tea leaves together to create an interesting blend of flavors. That was something he was proud of.

"Now then! Let's continue to deal with these papers!" That was something he couldn't forget!

"Yeah!"

17