Volume 6 Chapter 8: Meat Shield
755 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 6 Chapter 8: Meat Shield

 

"I need to get something to eat." Cadmus yawned as he headed for Keith's island. Behind him was Sohma. 

"Do you have to be so reliant on the child?" 

"Of course!" Cadmus answered with the utmost confidence.

"..." At this point, Sohma wanted to give up. Nothing he would say would change this situation. This guy would go to Keith for the rest of his life. As they got close to the mansion, Cadmus's ears twitched. 

"Hmm, that's odd." "What's the matter?" 

"I don't hear them swinging their weapons." Usually, he could hear Herrick and the others practicing outside. However, he couldn't hear anything. That was odd, especially since it was Herrick and Melor.

"Where are they?" Now that they entered the lobby, it was strange. If they weren't in the backyard, they should be here. Yet, they were not? As they got close to the dining room,

"Huh, is something the matter?" Sohma noticed it. Sweat. Cadmus was actually sweating!

"Oh, god no!" Cadmus didn't even hesitate to hide behind the stairs. Sohma's eyes widened, "What is wrong with you?!" Because he was freaking out so much, he realized it. 

Is something going on in the dining room?

"If you don't want to die, don't look inside," Cadmus warned. 

"..." Sohma looked at the dining room and then back to Cadmus. Couldn't be, right? Curiosity killed the cat. Sohma peeked into the room; he understood. What he saw was a bloodbath. Well, what was about to be a bloodbath!

Everyone was kneeling while Keith stared down at them with a smile. 

What happened?! Sohma needed some answers.

"Diana, Aidiun, where are you guys?!" Cadmus whispered. Out came Aidiun, Nephele, and Diana. The three were hiding as well. 

"You guys were hiding?" Sohma questioned.

"Yes." Aidiun nodded his head with the utmost certainty. It was like there was nothing wrong with what he was doing.

"What happened?" How could Keith be so mad? What did everyone do to make this guy so dangerously scary?! His default emotion was happy!

"Go to the kitchen to find out."

"Huh?" The two were out of the loop. When they entered the kitchen, they got the answer they wanted. 

"Have these kids gone mad?!" Sohma retorted. 

"But for Keith to be this mad," Diana muttered. This was a surprise; never had she seen Keith this mad. 

"Explain to us," Aidiun turned to Cadmus and Sohma. Those two knew Keith longer than them. 

"That kid may act kind and unserious. However, he does keep some things in check. The kitchen is one of them." Cadmus sighed. A few things set off Keith; the kitchen was one of them.

Everyone could go in and out of it. However, leaving it a mess was asking for trouble. 

"I don't want to remember that," Sohma groaned as he remembered something horrible. 

"!" Warning. That was a clear warning sign going through the other three's heads. It didn't matter whether or not Cadmus was scared or not. However, Sohma was an entirely different matter! The level-headed guy would never display much emotion. 

That goes to show how dangerous the situation the others were in was!

Is he going to end them? That's what the question going through everyone's mind. 

"Let's go watch," Nephele suggested as she grabbed Diana.

"Yes. I'm worried about those kids." Diana nodded.

"Hey, guys?" "Hmm?"

"Why are you guys pushing me?" Cadmus retorted. Everyone was hiding behind him! 

"Because you're the strongest out of all of us," Aidiun answered. 

"I don't want to be used as a meat shield!" 

"Cadmus, you literally can take anything Keith throws at you."

"That's not the point! He's scary when he's like that! I cried last time!" Heck, I want to leave now! Just looking at the dining room now, he could feel the intensity. 

"Don't worry, we'll back you up." 

"Then don't use me as a shield!" He knew they would run for it when Keith's attention was directed at them. Despite all of his interjections, the three pushed Cadmus forward to become a human shield.

"..." Cadmus turned to Sohma, asking for help.

"You know Keith the longest."

"You know him just as long as me!" Cadmus glared. 



Check Patreon For Extra Chapters ^w^
Check out my discord ^w^ :https://discord.gg/Nr6MvDfNQf

21