Volume 1 Chapter 8: Keith’s The Greatest
4.9k 9 172
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 1 Chapter 8: Keith’s The Greatest

 

During dinner, the dining room was quiet as they ate. Neither family member chose to speak. If a pin was dropped, anyone could hear it. But the family continued to eat. It wasn't until Alvin brought something up, 

 

"Mother?"

 

"What's the matter, Alvin?" 

 

"I was wondering if you would bring Keith to the library again?" Alvin's question caused his brothers to tilt their heads. 

 

Sophia blinked a couple of times. She stared at her son and noticed the eager look he had. She answered, "I will bring him to the library if he wants to go there." That caused Alvin's expression to contort. 

 

"...I understand."

 

Sophia added, "But if you wish to meet with Keith, you are free to do so. But only after you finish all your work." 

 

That caused Alvin's expression to do a 180 turn. How adorable. She found her son was cute at this moment. 

 

"Understood."

 

"Mother has been meeting with the youngest for quite some time now." The eldest son, Eric, said with a calm expression. Despite being young, he held the mannerisms of a noble. 

 

Sophia replied, "He's the youngest and needs to be watched." It was fun to be with Keith. He would do things that were surprising as a baby. 

 

"Oh." That caused William to say, "I would like to meet my youngest as well."

 

"He's good!" Sophia quickly denied it without a thought!

 

"..." Her sudden shout caused the other four to stare at her. They were a little surprised to hear Sophia react this way. 

 

What was the youngest? That was the thought in their minds.  

 

Well, Alvin seemed to understand as he had a calm expression. Sophia explained, "The youngest is still wary of people. I don't want to bring so many people to him."

 

"I see." William ended it with those two words.

...

"Aba! Aba!"

 

"Hello, Keith. Hello, Mother." Alvin was in the library, and he greeted Keith and Sophia. Keith tried to do the same thing.

 

"Do you want me to read you another book?" Alvin asked. That caused Keith to nod his head.

 

"How about I read you this book?" Alvin suggested as he sat down on the sofa. Keith crawled over and sat on his lap. 

 

"..." Sophia stared at the sight blankly. It felt like something was taken away from her. 

 

Hmm? What should I do? While Keith listened to Alvin, he noticed the blank look Sophia had. He got an idea. 

 

"Kya!" Keith waved his hand around. Alvin tilted his head, 

 

"What's the matter?"

 

Keith then crawled back to Sophia's side, which surprised her. But Keith pointed at Alvin and then to Sophia's lap. It was a strange and cute sight.

 

May interpret his actions, "Young Master Alvin, Young Master Keith wishes for you to sit on Sophia's lap." 

 

"?" Alvin tilted his head and turned to his mother, 

 

"Mother, is that fine with you?"'

 

"...I'm fine with that." Alvin sat on top of Sophia's lap. Good! Keith let out a smile as he sat on top of his lap. 

 

Now it's perfect! 

 

Keith pointed at the book and then to Sophia,

 

"Do you want me to read?" Sophia questioned.

 

"Abba!" Yes! 

 

"Is it fine with you, Alvin?" Sophia asked.

 

"I'm okay with it, Mother."

 

"Are you sure?" Sophia noticed the embarrassed expression on his face. One was embarrassed, while the other was smiling. It made her chuckle, 

 

"Alvin, are you embarrassed?"

 

"Mother, I'm not!"

 

"Don't worry, you are my son. There's nothing to be embarrassed about." There was a tint of red on Alvin's ear. 

 

I've never done this with the others. 

 

She did this with Keith many times. This had become the usual. But for her other sons, she had never done something so close with them. I should do this more often. 

 

"I'm going to read again," Alvin and Keith nodded. 

 

Sophia took a big sigh before reading. Her storytelling changed as she became much grander, which caused the other two to be excited. She took some tips from Alvin.

 

The three of them kept reading till Keith grew tired. As Sophia was going to bring Keith back into the room, Alvin requested,

 

"Mother, I want to bring Keith back to his room."

 

"Can you carry him all the way back?" She was afraid he would be tired.  

 

"I can," Alvin answered with a stoic expression. 

 

"Alright then." Sophia nodded as she let Alvin carry Keith back to his room. Once he was placed into the crib, Alvin watched Keith sleep. It was a different feeling from before. Alvin had always seen him energetic, but now he was calm. 

 

It was cute.  

 

"Let's not disturb him," Sophia suggested, and Alvin nodded. When they left his room, 

 

"Mother."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Little brother is strange." 

 

Sophia chuckled, "What do you mean?"

 

"Whenever I see Little Brother, my face keeps turning weird." Alvin felt his little brother was odd in that regard. His expression changed whenever he saw that. 

 

But he didn't find it off.

 

"...Keith has that superpower." Sophia wasn't going to deny Alvin's words. Keith had this weird power. But it wasn't bad in any shape or form. The maids who worked with him were very productive and talkative.

 

And I changed too. Sophia realized it as well. 

 

"Keith is the greatest." Alvin couldn't help but say this. Sophia patted Alvin's head, "You're great too, Alvin." 

 

It was only a few days, but Keith had changed Alvin.

 

Alvin's expression turned red, "Thank you, Mother."

 

"But we should keep this secret from your father and brothers," Sophia had a stern expression. 

 

"Hmm? Why?" Alvin tilted his head. 

 

"That's because our time with Keith might be shortened."

 

"!" Alvin nodded his head when he heard that! He didn't want the time with his little brother to be shortened!

When Keith took a nap, the owl came back to him again. Realizing he was sleeping, the owl didn't bother him. But it did cuddle next to his body. 

 

This had become a usual thing. 

 

Out of instinct, Keith rolled his body over and hugged the owl. The owl cuddled closer next to him. In the morning, the owl woke up earlier than Keith and quickly left before he woke up.

 

The owl didn't need to fly so far. It landed in another section of the Manor.

 

"Where did you go?" A cold voice asked. But the owl didn't respond as it shook its body.  

 

"What did you see?" The cold voice touched the bird's forehead. A bright light came out. 

 

"I see." The light dimmed, and he was surprised before deciding,

 

"It seems I should meet with my youngest."

172