Extreme Losses
1k 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After locking the windows and door of his hotel room, Sigil walked towards the power foot hare. His mind was concentrating towards the feeling of the connection of the souls that he felt during his last encounter with the ghost in Chestcovia City. A gentle glow emerged from his left palm as he slowly put his left hand on the hare's head.

Voom

A zooming sound was heard and Sigil found himself in a patch of forest. Sigil tried to feel his surroundings and discovered that an invisible barrier was blocking him from moving too far.

After feeling the perimeter of the surrounding, Sigil started to search around the patch of forest. Since he had tried to connect with the soul of a bunny Familiar, he had to look for the nest of a hare or something related to their kind.

Sigil started looking around one tree at a time. Even though his search was slow, he finally found his target. A weak looking power foot hare was laying near the foot of a tree, hidden by a patch of dirt and grass. The condition of the Familiar was very rough and it had ragged breathing.

Even though Sigil did not the state of the soul of a familiar after entering into a contract with a witch, he still had a feeling that this hare was being controlled somehow. Sigil took a deep breath and slowly crept near the Familiar. In the real world, he had no need to be afraid of a simple Familiar that could not even defeat a witch with four gates opened, but here, he was just a manifestation of his soul. He had no knowledge about the conflict between two souls and wanted to be cautious.

As he slowly touched the head of the bunny, a loud screech was heard from far away. The body of the injured bunny shook lightly and its condition worsened. Behind Sigil and the bunny, a new manifestation emerged. It was another power foot hare, but this one was almost twice in size and a white coloured pattern was imprinted on the head of this bunny.

Sigil felt something behind him and immediately saw the scene of this bunny emerging in the soul space of the injured Familiar. Sigil immediately understood a part of the situation when he saw the emergence of this new bunny. From the size and vigor of the bunny, he could easily ascertain that this bunny was far more powerful than the Familiar laying near him. It may even be more powerful than Sigil himself.

This was the case of bloodline control!

Sigil immediately stood up and looked into the eyes of the big bunny. 

Squeel

A sharp squeel emerged from its mouth as the Familiar shot towards Sigil with incredible speed. But alas, a strange situation occurred. The moment the bunny jumped towards Sigil, it realised that its speed wasn't anything comparable to the real world. 

Even Sigil was surprised. To him, it looked like the bunny was dancing around. After all, it squeeled loudly and jumped, only to fall with a confused look on its face.

"What the hell are you doing?" Sigil frowned and started walking towards the bunny. The bunny also sat up as it looked at the surroundings in a confused manner. Even though this bunny looked like the leader of the other Familiar due to its size and appearance, it was still clueless about this strange space. After all, in the soul space of the injured Familiar, the three of them were mere projections of their soul.

Sigil immediately closed the distance between himself and the bunny before kicking it violently. Even though they could not use their magical energies, the kick still landed solidly on the body of Bunny Leader.

Duph

A blunt sound emerged as the bunny flew back and smashed against a tree. Strangely, neither the bunny seemed to be hurt nor the tree took any damage. Seeing this, Sigil's interest in this space increased even more. This time, he took a different approach.

He once again walked near the aggressive yet confused Bunny Leader with the intent of eradicating the soul projection. A violent glow started to emerge from his palms as he touched the head of this Familiar. The glow in his hand was a little different from before. Previously, the light from his palms gave out a refreshing and calm feeling. It felt like a warm Maiden willing to have a happy conversation, but now, the light from his palms looked like a war-goddess, destroying everything and anything.

Pu

With a popping sound, the projection of the rabbit leader was destroyed. The rabbit couldn't even let out a sound before it was removed from the soul space of the injured familiar. 

Huff

Sigil sighed and felt a little fatigued. Evidently, the strange move had expended some of his mental energy. He slightly shook his head to shake off the dizziness and walked towards the injured Familiar laying near the foot of the tree. 

As he looked towards the weak bunny Familiar, Sigil had a strange thought. How did its soul get so weak in the first place? This had been the greatest doubt in his mind. Sigil only inflicted physical injuries to the Familiar, his soul was clearly not targeted by Sigil's attack. 

Thinking of this, Sigil couldn't help but sigh. Another one of his mission was taking a strange turn. After deliberating for a while, Sigil decided to close off the connection and finally returned to his own world. The time flow of the soul space was extremely strange. Even though he had been there for almost 10 minutes, in reality, only a few seconds had passed away.

After taking a look at the bandaged beast one last time, Sigil decided to lay down on the bed while maintaining slight vigilance. There was no point in looking at a single bunny for the entire night. If Sigil had a choice, he would have chosen to look at a cosplayer in bunny's outfit for the whole night... well, not just looking.

***

Piu piu piu

Te den te den

Piu piu piu

Te den te den

"What the hell?" Sigil woke up in a gruff mood as he rubbed his eyes. As expected, he immediately slept after laying on the bed. As he looked towards the healing bunny, he sighed in relief. But what the hell is wrong with all those siren sounds? He looked at the clock placed near his bed and saw that it was only 4 in the morning. 

People are really hateful!

"Sigil, it's me. Open the door!" Almost immediately, Alicia's voice sounded out from the other side of the door. He sighed an stood up to open the door. What else could he do? After all, he couldn't continue his sleep anymore.

***

Streets were being filled with strange black-furred bunnies. The number of bunnies was huge and the whole city was almost filled with the strange animal. The strange thing was that these bunnies did not hurt anyone and quickly left the whole city, fleeing towards the nearest forest for the living. Evidently, all these power foot hares were actually present inside the city from the start.

From the window of the hotel, the four witches of the Grey Family looked at the chaotic situation with gloomy gazes. All these hares were Familiars worth a fortune! If they had collected these Familiars, their profits would have been very high the resources of the Cultivation of the energy gates would have flown into their pockets easily. Even the carefree Sigil felt rage bubbling up inside his body.

"Contact the police station and ask for the satellite image of the place of the origin of all these Familiars." Sigil's gaze was eerie as he looked at the strange scene from the window of his hotel room. He was not in any mood to decide about the position of the leader and simply stated out the task that needed to be accomplished. Who would complete it? Or how would it be completed wasn't his problem.

After sending the three of them away, Sigil looked at the injured Familiar, whose body was shaking with excitement and coldly harrumphed. He walked towards his bag and took out a pouch. The pouch was made of a black leathery substance with its end tied by a familiar's tendon. Sigil opened the pouch and took out a small pinch of light green powder before sprinkling it over the excited, yet, injured Familiar.

The moment the green powder came into the contact of the Familiar, it was immediately absorbed by the skin of the bunny involuntarily and the shaking of the Familiar finally came to a stop. The item used by Sigil was a sleeping agent made from the Green Jack Pines. The effect was immediate and the bunny took a deep and long sleep. 

After almost 30 minutes, Sigil's door was knocked again. It was Martha.

"Well, we found the area of the origin of the Familiar from the satellite but the owner of the property has some complexities." Martha walked slowly and sat on Sigil's bed. She put down the file in her hands and placed it on the table, beside the sleeping bunny.

Sigil picked up the file and read with furrowed brows. It wasn't a work of a witch. The owner of the property was a simple carpenter of the city. His works had a decent reputation and he earned a stable income in the city. All the clues and investigation material pointed out that Ryan Belwind– The owner of the property, was an ordinary artisan.

After thinking a bit, Sigil placed the file on the table and spoke to Martha lightly.

"We leave in fifteen minutes. Be prepared for any kind of witchcraft." 

Martha's eyes also sharpened and she nodded. She had to tell the other two about the situation too. She did not linger around and flirt like she usually did and immediately went away to make preparations. Every witch's battle was a matter of life and death. She would not want her own unpreparedness to be the reason for her death.

***

"This guy can be a witch or a regular mortal. But one thing is for sure, he definitely has a Familiar by his side." Sigil spoke calmly as they looked towards a brown painted house from their car. Ricardo was sitting on the driver's seat while Martha and Alicia sat behind. They all were wearing their combat clothes and their bodies were equipped with deadly blades and pistols and revolvers. 

"We should probably use all of our sleeping drugs and try to infiltrate the house after creating a safer environment." Alicia's idea gained the approving nods from the other three and they simultaneously took out their pouches filled with sleeping drug. Even though this kind of drug was expensive and had a high demand, it could be purchased from anywhere. 

"Alright, shall we complete the mission?" Martha smiled lightly and opened the door of her side. Sigil, Alicia and Ricardo followed Martha as she took the pouches out of their hands and walked near the house. Before the group entered the house, Sigil threw the sleeping bunny, that he brought along with him, over the fence of the house, making it land on the little garden of the house with a dull thud. This move was to check for potential witch traps. After confirming the integrity of the garden, the group jumped over the fence and walked towards the backdoor through the garden. 

The house had a standard build alongside a basement and the outside door of the basement, situated at the end of the garden was the main objective of the group. After all, according to the data, Ryan was an ordinary artisan and a sociable person. He wouldn't be stupid enough to keep hordes of magical Familiar in the dining room of his house.

Sigil took out his gun while Alicia and Ricardo took out a sword and a machete respectively. Meanwhile, Martha took out a small packet of blood from the pouch of her pants placed near her knees and slowly drew a magical pattern on the door of the basement with her fingers using the blood as the ink.

"Your spells have gotten even better. If it were me, I wouldn't be able to calm my mind with the blood of Holy Sparrow on my fingers." Sigil praised Martha. Her mastery at such a young age definitely deserved such praises. Her serious expression alongside her snow-white hair tied into a bun created a beautiful scenery for Sigil. He even had a light urge to tease and flirt with her, but he restrained himself. They were on a task and it would be stupid to ruin the efforts of everyone over a slight urge. 

Martha was using the blood of the most common monster of the Rakshasa species– The holy sparrow. The blood of the holy sparrow was a widely used spell ingredient of the curse study. Even though the curse study seemed simple, it was actually quite an elaborate concept.

The curse study was further divided into many categories. There were Cultivation curses, attack curses, trap curses, death curses, investigation curses and many more. While Sigil was a genius in the area of Cultivation type curses, Martha was a renowned genius in the area of trap curses. It could be seen through her application of such a low levelled material to perform a relatively complicated spell. 

The blood of the holy sparrow also had a spirit-numbing effect on direct contact. Even then, Martha maintained her focus and this was also the reason that the other three did not disturb her during such a sensitive time. Ricardo was also full of praises towards Martha. Even though he could do the same in a very short time, he would be using his experience of a hundred years. Meanwhile, Martha was barely twenty years old.

After completing the curse pattern from the holy sparrow's blood, Martha took a deep breath and opened the four pouches filled with the sleeping drug. The beautiful, green-coloured powder quickly made a small mound on the blood pattern.

"Radg Ver Grindl Bahj." Martha spoke in whispers as the powder placed above the blood pattern had some slight changes as the blood pattern started to disappear silently. After the blood pattern had fully vanished, the green powder seemed to have possessed a life of its own and started to enter the basement through the corners and the foot of the door.

This was a trap curse named Floating Grains. A relatively harmless spell in its own, but if used correctly, the potential of the spell was really high. After sending the mound of sleeping powder inside the basement, Martha stood up and walked away from the door. She took out a small pill and placed it in her mouth as she started to feel refreshed once again.

As they waited for some time, Martha had already recovered from the exhaustion of using the spell. Seeing that everyone was in an appropriate condition, Sigil motioned his hand silently as he pointed the gun towards the internal lock of the door.

Chhg

Thk

His gun was equipped with a suppressor and the lock wasn't strong enough to withstand the attack of a gun at a point blank range. After destroying the lock, Sigil used his leg to slowly push open the door as the rest remained to the side of the door. The members of Witch's family had to go through basic military training and they were adept in many sign languages as well as various tactics during special circumstances. The tactic of using a single leg to push open the door while hiding the body was one of the well-known tactics during the infiltration of a base. 

After feeling no reaction from the other side, Sigil motioned the three of them from his hand and slowly passed through the door. He was followed alongside the three of them.

15