Completed Mission
1.2k 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The stairs were filled with sleeping bunnies. Some of the Familiars looked stronger than their captured friend while some of them were weaker than a witch that had only opened the first gate. The four of them walked slowly and avoided the bunnies. Since it was nearing the dawn, the whole staircase was still dark and they had to rely on their slightly improved eyes. 

When a witch opens his energy gates, his body will receive nourishment and get stronger. Even though the witches were a lot stronger than regular mortals, their physique fell short in front of monsters, devils and Familiars. The same is the case with their eyesight. If they had a tamed Familiar with enhanced eyes that had a power level equal to a seventh gate witch, that familiar's eyesight would be better than the four of them.

After slowly moving forward, they almost reached the end of the staircase. It was at this time that they heard a loud sound of metal clanking and a heavy door opening. They immediately stopped in their tracks and decided to watch it out. The metal door connecting the house and the basement opened as rough breaths of a man could be heard. With quick steps, the man reached the basement.

"What?" A surprised shout sounded out as he saw all the bunny familiars sleeping on the floor. Even the Familiar lord, the power foot hare with white markings on its forehead could be seen sleeping on a desk.

Seeing this, the expression of the man turned gloomy and he immediately ran towards his house. When they heard the sound of running, Sigil motioned the other three to stand guard and call the alliance. 

"Tell them that we would like to submit a Familiar lord alongside other Familiars." Sigil spoke as he positioned his gun and started to walk towards the escaping man, Ryan– the carpenter.

Infancy, Adolescence and Mature. These were the three stages of a Familiar's growth. The infant Familiars had no title to their names but Adolescent Familiars were also called Lord Tier Familiars and the Mature Familiars were called Emperor Tier Familiars. 

As Sigil moved forward, his gaze was attracted towards the largest Familiar sleeping on the table. It had a slightly better muscular build and white markings could be seen on its forehead. This was the Familiar that arrived in the soul space of the captured power foot hare.

Even then, Sigil kept a steady speed and climbed up the stairs. He could not tame the lord tier beast, neither make a contract with it. This was the reason he decided to contact the alliance and also the reason that the other three did not raise any objections. His grip on his gun tightened as he used his other arm to push open the door. 

The metal door was connected to the backside of the house and Sigil entered with light steps. The house was dimly lit and he could hear the sound of things moving near him. The man must be panicked. After all, he was packing his things very quickly.

Sigil immediately ran up the stairs that lead towards the bedroom of the house and the place where the sounds of quick packing emerged from. The door to the room was open and Sigil decided to sneak a glance inside the room. 

Inside, a middle-aged man with light brown hair packed some stuff inside his duffle bag. Aside from clothing, Sigil also saw Ryan storing some papers and weird things. Yes, weird!

Aside from papers and clothes, Ryan picked a green incense and placed it inside the outer part of the bag and then proceeded to place the bones of a finger inside the other compartment of the bags. It wasn't just the bones and the incense, there was much strange stuff like red grass, a black ball with a green shadow and also a red-covered booklet.

After seeing that the man was almost harmless, Sigil aimed his gun from behind the panicked man and shot.

Chhg

Aaaaghhhhhhh

A bullet pierced the left calf of Ryan as he screamed loudly. The attack came too quickly. He wasn't able to support his body and fell on the floor. He was holding his legs as he kept on screaming in pain. 

Thud

The sound of the door closing behind him could be heard as he looked towards a handsome youth with clean-cut silver hair and blue eyes looking towards him with a deadpan expression. 

Sigil looked towards the crying Ryan and pulled over a chair for himself. After sitting on it, he placed the gun on his thighs and leaned in front, his eyes gazing into the tear-filled eyes of Ryan.

"You have two options. First, you tell me everything in detail. Second, I force it out of you." His voice was extremely cold. Until now, he had been trying to act according to the behaviour of the original Sigil. This was the reason that he acted out alone and followed Ryan upstairs.

Right now, Ryan did not look like a decent middle-aged man. His disheveled hair, his teary eyes, snot-filled face made him look extremely disgusting. His teeth were chattering in fear as he remained still in front of gunpoint.

***

"Hello, this is the Carefree Alliance. Press 1 to know the details for joining the alliance, press 2 to get information on the nearest alliance office. Press 3 to assign a mission. Press 4 to apply for a mission. Press 5 to talk to our customer advisory services."

Alicia touched the number 5 on the dial pad of her smartphone. The other two were checking out the surroundings. 

"Thank you for calling the carefree Alliance. We will connect you shortly to our employee. Please wait.... du... du... du... Hello, my name is Gary, how may I assist you?"

Alicia quickly gave her mission details and her id no. 

"Yes, Miss Alicia. You would like to apply for the pickup of Familiars for the extra reward for the group, correct?"

"Yes."

"Please hold the line, I am applying your request. The pickup employees will reach your destination in an hour. Thank you for calling the carefree Alliance. We hope you have a good day."

The line disconnected as Alicia kept her smartphone in her pocket. She sighed and quickly joined Martha and Ricardo to check out for other fainted Familiars. 

Meanwhile, Sigil had an ugly expression as he looked at Ryan. He walked up and quickly took out the book from the outer compartment of the bag. From the feeling of the cover, it looked like it was made from the skin of an animal. Sigil did not waste time and quickly opened the strange book. As he read it, his expression kept on darkening. He shook his head and pocketed the book and looked towards Ryan. Originally, he was just an ordinary human, but now, he encountered something he shouldn't have and even desired to use it.

"Using the devil's transcript is strictly forbidden. You not only used the transcript but also assaulted regular mortals with the strength of Familiars. Why?" Sigil's cold voice became even more frigid. 

"You- you.... sigh... I only wanted to become stronger." Even though Ryan's condition was very poor, he could only reply in whispers. His voice had already become hoarse from all the pained cries. Sigil looked at Ryan and immediately punched his face, knocking him out. 

After doing that, he opened the book once again and started taking pictures of all the information on the book. After that, he kept the book inside his bag and put his smartphone away. Even though it is forbidden to use Devil's script, it wouldn't hurt to know more about it, right?

The alliance was efficient and a team of witches alongside a chakra stage witch quickly arrived at the destination. They were driving a large truck with reinforced defences, to protect the Familiars from any harm, but it would be mostly useless. After all, the Familiars had been enhanced by the methods of the devil's script.

"I would like a full report on the matter. Who is the leader of this group?" A brown-haired middle-aged man with light green spectacles and wearing an unceremonious night suit spoke in an annoyed tone. He was a chakra stage expert in the newly created alliance. He was like many other fortunate witches that were able to step into the realm of Chakra Sky without any help of a prominent family. The emergence of the alliance gave these lone witches a method to earn more resources to further their Cultivation without going against any orthodox power of the country.

All of them were standing in the basement and Martha, Alicia and Ricardo immediately looked towards Sigil. Their eyes gave their decision about the long-awaited question of the leadership of the group. While Sigil was still a rash and arrogant youth in their eyes, they still saw this quality of his redeemable. Ricardo also wanted to keep observing Sigil. After all, he had contacted Sigil previously to take down the Grimoire World, but now, he couldn't find the inheritance ground and the Grimoire World was being controlled by the Alliance. He could only stick around with Sigil before any other interesting event takes place.

Braun, the Chakra Stage Witch, looked towards Sigil as well. 

"What happened here?" He plainly asked. He was in the midst of his sleep and had to be forcefully awakened to deliver these Familiars. It had to be known that many witches are burdened with a lot of stress and often enter the condition of insomnia. Braun was of a similar case. As he looked at all the sleeping Familiars, his annoyance only grew.

"It's like this, these Familiars have been altered by the methods of devil's script. While the infant Familiars have mutated along the lines of blood beasts, the lord class Familiar has mutated towards the soul class, as it could control the actions of most of the Familiars....."

Sigil slowly explained everything as he took out a small book from his pockets. Meanwhile, the expression of Braun turned darker. Even though the humans were widely segregated, they were still united against one common enemy- The Devils. There hasn't been too much information about devils, but it has always been advised that one should at least reach the level of opening of chakra points before thinking of facing a devil face-to-face. Even though there are many spells that could eradicate a devil, the materials to execute the spells are very expensive.

Braun immediately kept the book without even opening it and ordered his subordinates to fill the truck with the remaining Familiars. He also contacted his higher-ups and informed them of the situation. After all was done, he walked up towards the bandaged Ryan and coldly picked him up with one hand. Even though the bodies of witches isn't comparable to that of monsters and familiars, they were still a lot stronger than mortals.

"He will have his memory searched and be subjected to the punishment of the alliance. As a representative of humanity, I would like to applaud your efforts as this idiot could have caused even more damage. Your Rewards will be sent to your respective households and you should leave. Many witches are on their way to quickly kill all the infected familiars before they become contaminated enough to hose devils inside them." Braun spoke as he quickly backed up the truck. Even though the reinforcement would deal with other loose familiars, the alliance was quite interested in the Familiars themselves and ordered Braun to bring a batch of captured familiars to the headquarters.

The whole affair only took an hour and the group had successfully completed their mission. They did not immediately leave Ryan's household and started searching around. It would an absolute waste of their efforts if any trace of the devil was left due to their carelessness.

***

"Huff, finally free!" Martha exhaled deeply and sat near Sigil. Her head was leaning on his left shoulder as she squinted her eyes in relaxation. They were all inside Sigil's room. Well, not all, Ricardo was sleeping inside his own room.

'I want to sleep, too!' Sigil sighed as he felt the two girls invading his personal space quite annoying and cute at the same time. Previously, he would have just been annoyed, but after so many interactions, he started feeling warm towards both of them. 

After all, Sigil was only a human. He wasn't an old demon, neither was he an indifferent impotent. Martha and Alicia treated him warmly and were kind towards him. Martha even had a sexual escapade with the previous owner of the body, it was almost inevitable for the current Sigil to start feeling for Alicia and Martha.

On the soft red bedsheet, the two silver-haired couple sat peacefully. One had her head over other's shoulder. The whole scene spoke of beauty and elegance if not for an annoyed dark-haired Girl.

"Are you going to ignore your own Fiancée?" 

Alicia's melodious voice had an annoyed tone. This caused both of them to chuckle a little. Sigil shook his head and patted his legs. 

"Since you are my fiancée, I will always have a special place for you." 

Sigil openly invited her to use his laps as a pillow, but unexpectedly, Alicia removed her shoes and climbed up his body. She quickly made herself snug as she leaned her back on his chest and shook her hips a little to make herself more comfortable. Her entire being was laying on Sigil and they fit perfectly. 

Martha on the side and Alicia on the body. A wonderful sense of softness exploded and invaded his sense of touch. Alicia's bouncy butt on his crotch and Martha's soft breast on his biceps made his blood rush towards the southern direction.

Meanwhile, Martha also smiled at Alicia's antics and closed her eyes peacefully. Getting angry over sharing Sigil was stupid. Wouldn't it be better to perform some acts together to increase pleasure?

Even though the three of them knew of the raging spear, they remained still and did not move. Alicia felt a little funny on her butt, but she still closed her eyes and slept peacefully. The three of them were tired due to not having adequate sleep and quickly dozed off.

***

"Two months.... in two months, the devils will strike. Previously, the alliance wasn't created and the organisation did not invest too much in such simple missions. Who knew that the Devils wanted to invade the main continent through the use of mortals. But this raises even more questions. Why are there such changes? Will the devil race even emerge this time? After all, this is the high time for the humans of the main continent. Even though there are still some other continents in a different plane, it isn't easy to cross the borders. And most of all, I need to determine if I am the cause of all these changes."

Ricardo muttered as he remained in a meditative stance. Nothing was going according to his plans. At first, he doubted that Sigil had obtained the inheritance since he did not contact him, but after knowing that his smartphone was crushed during the exploration, he cleared that doubt. But that did not mean he wasn't suspicious of Sigil, in fact, he was suspicious of everyone that went inside the Grimoire World.

"Yawn, this body is still weak. I still need to have some rest before I can start thinking about some countermeasures." Ricardo shook his head and went to sleep. He knew that making plans with a refreshed mind is always better than a tired one.

14