Rewards
868 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sigil's whole body felt sore, meanwhile, Martha and Alicia chatted happily as they sat on the back seat of the old Nissan. Sigil massaged the left side of his neck, that was hugged tightly by Martha during their sleep. Since their position was quite awkward, Sigil couldn't move his body because of Alicia sleeping on him and using him as a couch while his neck was bent out of shape.

As they crossed the border of the city, they had to pass through a barricade of Witches. Apparently, the appearance of infected Familiars triggered the alliance and the organisation, alike. The whole city and the surrounding forest was being thoroughly searched for different kinds of infected Familiars.

Looking behind, Sigil felt comfortable when he saw the two beauties talking happily. He hadn't felt this kind of feeling for a long time. Even in his previous life, he was only fortunate to feel such comfort for a little time. He sighed and closed his eyes, after all, he was still in a dire need of rest. His special skill took a lot of his mental health, this made him prone to irritation and tiredness.

Even though he could keep control of his frustration, he still let a little lose against Ryan. Since they were going to have a long drive, Sigil had decided to take a nap to regain his mental capacity.

***

"How much time?" Ruby asked flatly. Usually, she would be flirting around and making sensual poses to tease the opposite gender. But right now, she was not in the mood. She was standing outside the Grimoire World emerged from Chestcovia City. Her gaze looked ominous as she looked at the pitch black hole from the corner of the Border. 

"It isn't a matter of time. Apparently, the Grimoire attached to this world is well-versed in Space path alongside some other elusive path, most likely Shadow path or Illusion path. It is almost impossible to track down the Grimoire. If we really need to find some clues, we would have to ask the help of the alliance."

A gruff voice, belonging to a brute, replied. He was Sabar, the director of Fiery Lion. He also had an extremely ugly expression.

"Originally, we wanted to present the Grimoire world to the alliance as a contribution. But now, it will be used as a tool to mock us. I suggest that we loot the remaining treasures left and clean this place up." A husky voice suggested. 

He was Old Sparrow, the director of the Grand Sparrow. He was the oldest out of the three directors of the dark guild and his words sounded logical, too. If they quickly loot the place and destroy the World, their reputation could still remain intact. If this matter was spread with malicious intent, their reputation would take damage and they may lose their title in the newly established alliance. The latter was something unacceptable to the three directors.

After all, as lone witches, they were true prodigies to reach the stage of Grimoire Master without the support of strong background. But, it wasn't only their genius that allowed them to reach their current capabilities.

They schemed, killed and snatched for every single resource for their Cultivation. Making enemies everywhere. The emergence of Alliance was a ray of hope for many Grimoire Masters like them to finally break the shackles of Witch's Organisation and live a life without any pursuers behind their ass. 

If the were to lose their value in the newly established alliance, it would not be different from taking away their last method of freedom. After all, they knew that they weren't the strongest and needed a large thigh to grab onto.

"I agree." Ruby nodded as he expression softened. She tugged her ruby red hair behind her ear and spoke softly. Her demeanor of a greek goddess returned as she stepped towards the Grimoire World and vanished. 

The old and the Brute looked towards each other and used their own methods to enter the Grimoire World. The surrounding Witches were also given a chance to enter the Grimoire World for free. This action was taken to quickly finish looting the Grimoire World.

***

"-e up! Wake Up, Sigil." Alicia kept on shaking his shoulders and called out to Sigil. They had arrived at their destination– the Grey Estate. 

"Haaaaa.... mmmhhhh" Sigil took a deep yawn as he opened his eyes. He was feeling refreshed after such a good nap. All the accumulated stress was almost relieved. 

He looked around as he rubbed his eyes and got out off the car. Ricardo had already left the area as his car will be parked by one of the servants of the family, while, Martha and Alicia waited for Sigil to wake up.

It could be said that their relationship had taken a big leap after last night. Even though there was no funny business involved, their feelings towards each other took a qualitative change after sleeping in each other's comfort. Even though Sigil wasn't physically comfortable, he still felt warm in his heart.

He wasn't the kind of person to deny his feelings. He understood his own romantic feelings towards Alicia and Martha and he was fortunate enough to be transmigrated to a world where polygamy was practiced.

Alicia and Martha were comfortable around each other, too. After all, the three had known each other from their childhood. 

"Hehe, I would have expected to be woken up by Martha. You alright, Alicia?" Sigil chuckled and asked with a smile. Until now, he had seen the calm and jealous side of Alicia. To further explore her, he had to play his cards right. 

"Hmm? Isn't it obvious? After all, you are my fiancé." Alicia smiled back, not flustered at all. 

'Damn, I should have said something else.' Smiling in defeat, Sigil picked up his bag and walked alongside the beauties. 

"Say, who are you going to give your second spot of the ancestral pool to?" Martha asked suddenly. Alicia and Sigil were guaranteed a spot for the super-sized Ancestral pool of the alliance branch. This meant that they could nominate two family members for the spot of Family's ancestral pool.

Since Sigil had already decided on Martha and Ricardo, Martha was really curious about Alicia's choice. Alicia thought for a little while and answered.

"How about Lisa and Minda?" Alicia spoke with uncertainty. Since Sigil was nominating someone from the weaker part of the younger generation, Alicia decided to do the same. Either way, she did not realise Sigil's true reason.

After some interactions with Ricardo and knowing that he was a treasure trove filled with knowledge about the future events, Sigil wanted to make use of him. He did not have any methods at the moment, but he was sure that he could put his strange ability to use one day. By nominating him for his place for the ancestral pool, he could build a good relationship with Ricardo and try to glean some more information.

Martha nodded at Alicia's recommendation and walked with a slight smile. She had been feeling happy since last night.

Previously, Sigil only wanted her body, but recently, he was more caring. He wouldn't touch her and would not let her touch him, too. This, alongside the flirting and harmless play, made her feel for Sigil. Even though she was passionate about the previous Sigil, she always had a sour spot in her heart, after all, who doesn't want to be treated like a princess. 

Right now, Sigil's action towards Martha and Alicia made both of them feel wanted and loved. Even though he did not do much besides joking around, they liked him even more because of this. After all, the previous Sigil was nothing but a pervert, who liked to take advantage of them.

Unlike others, Sigil had a single rule to treat his girls– Respect. After all, if he took advantage of them in public, they wouldn't have enough face to live with their head held high. 

After settling the matters regarding the ancestral pool of the family, they went off to their own rooms. They still wanted to get fresh and take a warm bath before doing anything else. 

***

"Young Master, a package had been delivered with your name as the recipient. The package has been checked for any harmful substance and is placed on your bed." His maid bowed and spoke lightly. 

Sigil nodded and walked past her, opened the door of his bedroom and laid on his bed with a 'thump'. 

This was the best feeling of returning home, to simply let go of any stress and slump on the bed. Ah, the comfort!

After a while, he stood up and placed his bag on the floor before going off for a bath. 

***

"Hmm? Alliance sure is efficient." Sigil praised as he looked at the package delivered to him. It was a box divided into three compartments alongside a letter. 

The letter described Sigil's righteous act of finding of the infiltration of Devil's contamination and praised him endlessly. The letter also stated the ingredients rewarded to him. In total, Sigil had received three rewards. One for the completion of the mission, the second for the acquirement of the Familiars and lastly, for discovering the devil's transcript.

The same rewards were also given to Ricardo, Alicia and Martha. 

Sigil dried his hair as he rubbed his towel on his head and opened the box. As he opened the first lid of the box, his sight was welcomed by many squishy stuff. Most probably, they were some exotic refining material. Near the corner of the compartment was a small partition with a piece of paper attached to it. As he read the paper, he understood that it was the refining process and the description of the Cultivation spell.

After holding his urge to throw up, he removed the first compartment from top of the second compartment. The box was designed like a tiffin box with three compartments to separate the dishes. 

After placing the first compartment on his study desk, he opened the lid of the second compartment. 

It was a piece of parchment. This was his reward for acquiring the Familiars. He removed the layer of translucent sheet stuck on the parchment and read the title of the content.

Information on Chakra Paths.

Reading the title written in an ancient language, Sigil sighed endlessly. He looked at the parchment once more and placed it aside. It was still too early to read that stuff.

Opening the lid of the third compartment, Sigil's body shivered in excitement. His eyes shined and he licked his lips. Inside the third compartment, one could see an accessory made out of light blue pearls.

It was a meditation tool! 

Meditation was greatly related to the 'Self' part of the Witchcraft. One also needed to have a certain attainment in the realm of meditation before breaking through the realm of chakra points. That was the main reason for some of the talented witches to never reach the chakra stage, whereas, some of the lone Witches easily enter the realm of chakra.

Sigil immediately closed off the third lid and placed everything on his study table. The Rite of Witchcraft was going to be held four days later and they had to be prepared for their possible ascension. 

There had been many cases where a Witch with five of his energy gates unlocked could easily ascend to the realm of chakra, whereas, many talented Witches with all eight of their gates unlocked could never reach the chakra stage after experiencing the ancestral pool.

It had only been a few days since Sigil's previous breakthrough. Even though he wanted to, he couldn't use the refinement materials to unlock another energy gate. Same was the case with Alicia. Out of the three of them, only Martha was the one with all of her gates unlocked and a stabilised foundation.

After sorting out his rewards, Sigil went back to optimising the spell regarding the memory of the brain. Even though he had already cracked the spell, it wasn't too efficient in his eyes and wanted to experiment for a better version of the spell.

***

"Sigh, I really had hopes for that kid. After all, he was my spy, too." A skinny man stood near the border of Chestcovia City as he gazed at the black hole that kept on devouring the Grimoire World. 

An owl was silently perched on his shoulder as the man stood still for a minute.

"What was that kid's name anyway? Joseph? Jojo? Joker? Well, I need to find someone else to infiltrate the Warlock Association." Eugene gave a long sigh and finally walked away. A brown light shined from his body as another owl emerged from his body and fused into his back. A pair of brown wings emerged from his back as he flapped the wings to fly from the region.

Since every Witch was already inside the Grimoire World, nobody took notice of the Witch's arrival.

13