Mind Chips
465 6 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

05: Mind Chips

You really wanted to kick your dad in the face but remembered how high his level was, if you really did kick him, it was obvious who would be in the hurting end!

Pissing on him was also not an option as you were just born a few minutes ago, how can you possibly piss?

As such, you can only cry to summon your mother and punish your father!

"Uwaaaahh!!!"

You cried the loudest you can which made your father pause and panic as he tried to console you with words you couldn't understand.

Then, you could see your dad's face freeze in fear while looking behind you.

Looking back, you could see the Demon Queen smiling at you warmly as she took you in her arms. Then, with the same smile, she looked back at her husband who was still frozen in place.

Seeing the warm smile, your father laughed awkwardly and thought he was safe but this only lasted a moment.

You saw a holo keyboard-like panel appear in front of your mother as she typed something on it. Looking back at your, you can see the crystal on his head blink and his eyes focus on something in the air moving from left to right as if reading something before his face went pale.

It seems that the people in this world have some sort of futuristic messaging technology and you guessed that it may have something to do with the crystals on their foreheads.

You lifted your small hand to touch your head but felt no crystal so it would mean that the crystal wasn't something they are born with.

You wondered when will you be able to get a crystal as well and sort of looked forward to it. Even though this Sci-fi world was not your first choice, the idea of future technology still interests you. Perhaps there will even be virtual reality technology here!

Ignoring your father who has gotten himself in trouble, you rested in your mother's arms and felt your eyelids become heavy.

Slowly, you closed your eyes and fell into slumber.

...

Time flew by as you slowly got to learn things about this world while slowly learning about the language.

This planet is known as Raceath. It is a standard human blue planet located in Sector B-22 of the Bowra galaxy and is ranked 42nd out of over a hundred planets in the Most Advanced Planet list in the galaxy.

Over time, you had tried numerous things to summon your system but found that it hasn't answered your calls despite calling it out with different names and even gestures. Ultimately, you gave up and thought that this is one of the limited features you can't access.

The only feature you can access at the moment was the ability to see the names and levels of people in your sight.

There are different colors of names depending on your relationship with the target. Your family is marked as Green, friendly are marked with blue, strangers marked with white, and, though you have not seen one yet, you think that enemies must be marked with red names.

The ability to see the level is also dependent on the color. For green, there was no upper limit of level you can see. For blue, the highest you could see was level 48 which was a woman who had came by once in your house to meet your mother, judging from her attire, she seemed to be a secretary of sorts. But though the highest was 48, the upper limit might be 50 or so.

For white names, the highest you could see in the street was 20, others were either lower or ???. As you were not able to see any red names yet, you were not able to tell if you can see their level or not.

Another feature you could use is seeing the favorability of people with you but there was not much to do with it. You think that the best it could be used for is for picking up girls...

Finally, at the age of 3, you are now able to be installed with the crystals, actually called Mind Chips.

Though these Mind Chips are very convenient, there are still people who prefer not having it installed and use handheld gadgets instead as they don't feel safe having their minds connected to the virtual world and be susceptible to virtual attacks.

You feel that their fears have reason and deliberated whether you want a Mind Chip or not.

I'll use the poll here again for this even though the impact will be pretty big...I will use the other poll site for options more than 2 instead.

Choose!
  • Install a Mind Chip on your forehead Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Refuse and stick to handheld devices Votes: 6 33.3%
Total voters: 18 · This poll was closed on Feb 29, 2020 08:53 AM.
13