Chapter 151
1.3k 10 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Four against one, Arrluk took the first strike. The flexible metal rod in his hand bent as he swung hard. Rod Bash struck Muzgonk.
 
“Dodge, grandpa!” Tapeesa warned. Arrluk saw his rod blocked by the thick forearm of Muzgonk and from the corner of his eyes, he saw the incoming club. A heavy swing was coming at Arrluk but an energy boomerang tried to impede its path.
 
Tapeesa jumped for the sake of her grandfather, she gripped her boomerang tight as she blocked it. “Ugh,” Tapeesa groaned as was thrown in the air. She hit the ground and rolled. The pain was unlike she had ever felt, she swore she heard one of her bones cracked.
 
“Tapeesa!” Arrluk roared as he glanced back.
 
“Eyes to the front!” Jason bellowed as he rushed to Tapeesa. “Nuniq, go help Arrluk!” Nuniq, who rushed over to Tapeesa turned back to aid his grandfather with a click of his tongue. Jason reached over to Tapeesa as his hands healed the wincing teenage girl.
 
“It hurts,” said Tapeesa. Her hands pressed over her ribs. It had been a while since she felt the visceral nature of pain.
 
“it’s fine, you not going to die,” Jason’s hand glowed in green, healing the injured teenager. “Didn’t I told you not to be reckless? I was expecting Nuniq to be the idiot one and not you.”
 
Tapeesa got up as the pain in her ribs went away. “But, he’s my grandfather,” said Tapeesa.
 
“Unlike you, your grandfather won’t die after taking that hit,” Jason grabbed her by the arm and aided her to stand. “Remember, you’re a long-range attacker. You strike from a distance, use your spells, and don’t you ever go into close combat. You just leave that to me and your grandfather. Got it?”
 
“But…” she wanted to say but Jason cut her off.
 
“No buts, just follow my orders. Keep your distance at from the pig at least a hundred feet away,” Jason tapped her by the shoulder and rushed back to Muzgonk.
 
Arrluk was getting pummeled by Muzgonk. The thick fist of the pig kept on knocking Arrluk by the face. His arm was grabbed tight by the Orc Chieftain. While Nuniq, on the other hand, was already laying on the ground, presumed to be unconscious.
 
The fuck? What the heck happened when I heal the kid? Jason didn’t have much expectation from them but he didn’t think they would be this bad. His ideal party of raiding a big boss went down the drain.
 
Jason scanned Arrluk, who was being beaten and seeing the old guy had enough guard to spare, Jason rushed to the unconscious lad. He slid on the ground reaching the fainted Nuniq. He turned him over as he slapped him a few times on his face.
 
Shit, he was knocked out cold. Again, the green glow came to live as Jason healed. For some reason, he had a feeling about something. His eyes searched for Tapeesa, and he couldn’t believe what he saw. She was rushing once more towards Arrluk.
 
You fucking idiot. The girl was too emotional. Perhaps after seeing his grandpa being beaten down, shook her heart too much. Her noble intent of diving into dangerous water was only frustrating Jason.
 
“Tapeesa! Fucking get back, you idiot!” Jason roared.
 
The teenage girl stopped on her track as she met eyes with Jason. “But grandpa!”
 
“He’s fucking fine! Just shoot your ice spears at it!” he gave his command while the teenager was hesitating. Tapeesa cherished her grandpa more than anything, more so since the siblings were raised up by their grandparents after something unfortunate happened to their parents.
 
She didn’t like seeing Arrluk getting beaten as his small figure was like the perfect scene of getting bullied. But she knew she was wrong. She knew her grandpa to be the strongest, even with such a body. He had protected her and her brother throughout the UC invasion with that frail-looking body alongside the metal fishing rod.
 
She gritted her teeth as she stopped herself from doing the irrational. Her hand raised up in the air as an icicle spear formed, hovering on top of her palm.
 
“Icicle Spear!” she threw her spell fueled by the raging hatred towards Muzgonk the Orc Chieftain. The sharp frozen spear crashed onto Muzgonk as she made it flinched.
 
Muzgonk glanced at Tapeesa while Arrluk struggled to escape from its grip. Muzgonk felt a prickle of pain over its shoulder and saw the dripping blood. The Orc Chieftain frowned, seeing the Icicle Spear managed to penetrate through its extra-thick fat.
 
Muzgonk threw Arrluk away as it plodded towards Tapeesa. It was about to throw its club, raising its arm up high for the wind-up. But a fishing hook snagged Muzgonk’s hand through its thick skin. The Orc Chieftain glanced back and saw Arrluk steady on his gait with his bent fishing rod pulling the Orc Chieftain.
 
“You’re not going to get my grandchildren!” the old man was determined even after being pummeled like a sandbag.
 
A distance away from the fight, Jason nodded his head as at least two of them were fighting well. He focused on healing Nuniq as he stared at him.
 
I’m supposed to be an assassin, a stealthy DPS with the sole intention of pilling up some damage. But now look at me, I’m like a freaking healer, a support for these dumb teenagers. Shit, this isn’t how I was expecting a team-up.
 
“Ugh,” Nuniq groaned as his heavy eyelids were opening up. Jason didn’t have time to be the caring acolyte as he slapped the heck out of Nuniq.
 
“Fuck! That hurts!” Nuniq woke up with a roar. The teenage boy stared at Jason with a frown.
 
“If you know it hurts, so don’t be an idiot.” Jason stood up. “Get up, your family is struggling.”
 
Nuniq climbed to his feet. To the mentioned of his family made his eyes searched for the scene of a battle. He saw Tapeesa flinging spells while her keeping distance and Arrluk was pulling the Orc Chieftain from taking a step towards Tapeesa. Nuniq was about to sprint, but a hand grabbed his shoulder.
 
“You’re being an idiot again,” Jason said. Nuniq glared at Jason as he shrugged Jason’s hand, but the hand wouldn’t budge.
 
“Get off of me!” said Nuniq.
 
“I’m not going to unless you follow my order. I’m fucking tired of healing you craps. I should be killing that pig and not nursing you guys like a fucking baby sitter,” Jason’s cold tone rung deep into Nuniq.
 
The rebellious teenage boy stayed quiet, but his eyes didn’t leave the battle scene.
 
“You’re weak and vulnerable. Without your guard, you’re useless,” Jason threw some cold hard facts as Nuniq heard it, loud and clear. Nuniq knew it was the truth.
 
“So be a good lad and just spam your Briar Shackle,” Jason said.
 
Nuniq was shaken as he heard Jason’s words. “How did you…” But Jason cut him off.
 
“Stop thinking about useless things and start doing your job,” Jason said as he walked away from Nuniq. “If you do some stupid shit one more time, I ain’t going to heal you again. You got that kid?”
 
Nuniq knew this man could see through their status, but he didn’t think Jason could do it to the extent of seeing his new skills.
 
“The line is snapping!” Nuniq heard Arrluk’s voice. The fishing line that was trying hard to impede the Orc Chieftain's movement snapped into two. Arrluk couldn’t restrain Muzgonk any longer. The Orc Chieftain turned around and threw its club at Arrluk. The heavy club crashed over the ground as Arrluk dodged it.
 
“No!” Arrluk shouted as Muzgonk rushed at Tapeesa. The flabby fat trembled with each step that the orc took. Tapeesa tried her best to run away while shooting out Icicle Spears at the Orc Chieftain, but it barely did a thing except for pricking the orc’s hard skin.
 
The situation looked dire as Tapeesa was getting chase. Nuniq squatted down as his hands reached towards the ground. The moment he touched it, his words were loud and clear. “Briar Shackle!”
 
His hands seeped into the ground while turning into roots. The roots under the ground grew exponentially as it drilled through the earth and surfaced right below Muzgonk’s feet.
 
The Orc Chieftain kept its calm, but it frowned, seeing these huge roots entangling with his two feet. Muzgonk tried to stomp it down, but the roots were persistent. Soon, the roots took a hold of Muzgonk’s feet and planted the Orc Chieftain down on the ground. The roots started to bud and grew into thick shrubs covering both of Muzgonk’s lower limbs.
 
The Orc Chieftain roared out of annoyance as it two thick hands grabbed these shrubs, trying to tear it apart. The immense strength from Muzgonk tore the plant bit by bit, fighting against the quick regeneration of the plants, but then it heard a voice coming from its back.
 
“Finally, I can do my real job,” it was Jason. He held two swords in his hands. A hint of smile etched on his face.
 
Muzgonk made eye contact with the person who was taking his leisure steps at it.
 
“Remember me pig face? I’m the one who made a mess out of your horde,” Jason said as he flashed in his maximum speed.
 
In a mere instant, he was a foot away from the Orc Chieftain. Jason swung both his arms as the swords screeched.
 
“Oargh!” Muzgonk roared in pain as it looked over its flank. Fresh blood dripped over its flabby body. Since stepping into this world, no one had ever made it bled. It turned to Jason, glaring utmost rage.
 
Jason retreated a few feet away as he looked back at the glaring Muzgonk.
 
“I hate that extra fat of yours. My swords couldn’t cut very well.” Jason flicked his swords a few times, getting rid of the fat and blood.
 
“Oh well, at least I made you bleed.”
32