Chapter 11 – A Monumental Decision
826 11 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As we entered the mansion, a sudden sense of vertigo washed over me, and I stumbled forward on unsteady feet. Alder reached over to catch me, and allowed me to lean against him.

His brow furrowed as he looked at me with concern. “Are you all right Iris?”

Nodding my head, I blinked as the sensation passed, and I stood back up. “Y-Yeah, sorry, I felt dizzy all of a sudden.”

The old butler nodded his head, and his hand gently rested atop my head. “Your body is reacting to the sudden mana that it took in during your spell.” He sighed and rubbed his forehead. “I should have expected that, my apologies.”

I forced out a soft smile, then shook my head gently. “It’s all right, I’m fine.” Truthfully I still felt a bit wobbly, but the overwhelming determination to meet with Azalea was overriding any lingering discomfort.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sensation of a strange tickling from my ears brushing against my hair. Puzzled, I reached up to touch them, only to find something I wasn’t expecting at all.

“Is that… hair?”

Alder seemed to stiffen, and then let out a sigh. “It’s happening faster than I expected. Perhaps because you’ve already embraced your true self?” His hand rubbed against his chin in thought.

I looked up to him quizzically and tilted my head, a motion that felt extremely natural to me. “What do you mean?”

He paused, then let out another sigh and looked up to the stairwell. “My apologies, but this particular secret I am loathe to share without my Lady present to help explain things.”

I nodded my head. “All right, I understand.”

Alder’s brow furrowed again, and he gave me a dubious look. “Iris, I must express some concern.” I blinked and tilted my head again. The old butler rubbed his forehead. “What I mean is, are you sure you’re okay with not knowing? In your situation, I can imagine that being kept in the dark could be quite frustrating.”

It was true that a part of me felt like I should be questioning all of this more than I had been. Being taught a new method of casting magic and the strange changes it was bringing to my body. It seemed more than fair to question me on this, especially since I hadn’t questioned myself on it yet.

Was I really okay with being led along like this? I’d been going along with what everybody had expected me to do up until now, but what did I really think?

They’re misleading you. Trying to trick you. They’ll betray you.

I stiffened at the intrusive thoughts, and a wave of conflicting emotions rushed through my body. Panic, fear, trust, betrayal. It was far from the first time someone had shown me kindness, only to pull the rug out from under me at the last minute. I was dimly aware of someone’s voice trying to reach me, but my thoughts continued to spiral.

Never again. You can’t trust anyone else.

As my emotions spun out of control, my mana stirred, and the air around me condensed into frozen particles. My chest tightened as a layer of rime began to form over my body.

Then I felt a warm hand on my head, and my mind stalled in its cyclic thought patterns.

As I returned to myself, I looked up to see Alder standing before me, protected from my outburst by his layers of defensive magic.

“Easy there Iris. You’re safe now, and we won’t let the Academy get to you, ever again.”

Hearing my name, my real name, broke my thought spiral.

I’m not at the academy anymore. I’m Here.

His words were so firm and absolute that I couldn’t help but believe them. Fresh tears spilled down my cheeks, streaking my face and dripping to the floor.

Breathe.

I took a deep breath, and my emotions calmed down. My surroundings came back to me, and I saw Alder standing with me in the mansion’s entryway, while his gloved hand rested atop my head. I sniffed, and wiped my tears away.

“I’m sorry, I don’t… I don’t know what came over me there.”

Alder nodded his head solemnly and gently rubbed my head. “Not all wounds are visible, and I fear that I may have poked at one inadvertently.” His brow furrowed. “If you decide to stay, we can help you with sorting things out. You won’t have to handle this on your own.

A hiccup escaped my sobs and a soft smile began to spread on my lips.

“This is just… all so much. And you’ve all been so kind to me, it’s like a dream. I’m afraid I’ll wake up at any time, and all of this will be gone.” As I spoke, the lump began to lessen, and more fresh tears were flowing.

Alder looked at me thoughtfully, and gently applied pats to my head. “I assure you that all of this is real Iris. When you wake up tomorrow, this will still be your reality.” His confident, toothy smile felt reassuring, and my body began to calm down.

He regarded me thoughtfully. “Are you sure you’re up for this Iris? This can wait until later you know.”

Taking a deep breath, I quietly shook my head again. As my emotional outburst subsided, it was replaced with a different feeling: Determination. “No. I want to meet with her. I think I’ll feel better once things are setted, and I know I’ll have a place to stay.”

He pushed up his glasses and nodded in approval. “Very mature of you Iris. I appreciate your trust in us, and I promise you it won’t be misplaced.” His hand left my head, and extended out towards me.

I cracked a nervous smile, and took his hand in mine as we walked up the stairs. Despite my determination, I still felt incredibly nervous, and bit my lip again. Wait, were my teeth feeling sharper now? I shunted that thought aside for a moment as we finally reached the double doors, and entered the office once again.

The atmosphere in the room felt notably different. Where before everything had been more stiff and official, now the two women were much more relaxed. Lilia seemed to have a glow hanging about her, while Lady Azalea’s confidence seemed to be even stronger than before, and she eyed me with obvious desire.

My cheeks turned pink as I could guess what the two women had been up to. I admit, I could be a bit oblivious at times, but even I could tell that they’d been enjoying some… intimate time together. A pang of envy welled up inside, and no matter how I tried to shove it back down, it remained lodged in my throat.

“How are you settling in, Iris?” Azalea’s voice broke the silence, snapping me out of my thoughts. Her face was curled up in a knowing smirk and I realized that I’d been blushing.

“Uhm… I’m doing all right, I suppose? Alder has been very kind and helpful.” I turned back to the butler and smiled, while he gave a subtle smile of his own.

She leaned forward, allowing her ample chest to be on display in her low cut dress. Even more than before I found myself unable to stop staring at her cleavage, wondering just how wonderful it would feel to hold them in my-

No! No!

I shook my head to try and break free of the intrusively horny thoughts encroaching on my mind. Azalea and Lilia both gave me looks of faint amusement at my predicament.

The Lady rose from her chair, and sauntered her way over to me slowly. My cheeks burned hotly as she approached. I was already feeling horny before, but now I could take full note of her curvaceous body outlined by a sleeveless and slitted black dress. I gulped as her legs continued their steady pace in my direction, and I felt like cornered prey. When she finally stood next to me, I had to look up to meet her gaze, a task made even harder by her ample chest.

I gulped and prayed that she wouldn’t notice my flushed cheeks.

Of course, I couldn’t be that lucky as her confident smirk pierced me down to my core. Her hand hooked under my chin and closed my open mouth. An involuntary squeak escaped me as she did so, and my cheeks burned red hot at her touch. My own eyes peered deeply into her yellow ones, or perhaps they bored their way into me, searching my soul.

“Have you come to a decision my dear Iris?” Her words were like dripping sweet honey, tantalizing me into a horny haze that slowed my thoughts and heightened my instincts.

Dumbfounded, I nodded my head, it was the only response I could muster.

Azalea giggled, and gently caressed my cheek. It was the most intimate contact I’d felt in my life, and I never wanted it to end. “I need a more concrete answer than that, however adorable you are when you’re dazed like this.”

I blinked, and swallowed, feeling that lump in my chest again.

Why is this so hard?

My heart braced itself, as the words forced their way past the lump.

“Y-Yes. I want to stay here.” My cheeks flushed a brighter red as I spoke, and my body braced itself for the inevitable backlash that was to follow such an admission of my desires.

Instead, she gently held my cheek in her hand and smiled to me with a look of pure adoration that made my heart soar. She took my hand and brought it up to her lips in a gentle kiss. Her domineering attitude had made way for a softer, welcoming demeanor that set me at ease.

“Then be welcome to my home Iris.”

As she spoke my name aloud, my heart fluttered with a thousand butterflies, the room becoming decorated with tiny, sparkling snow particles. The second word brought a flood of relief to my body, and I leaned my head forward into Azalea as she gently caressed me.

I’m here. I’m home.

Thank you so much for reading Chapter 11 of Getting Comfortable! This was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster wasn't it? I think this chapter really captured what I want this story to be. Comfort amidst despair, and finding hope and love even in the worst of situations. And also horny wizards.

On a more serious note, I've decided to make a Ko-Fi account. Writing is a hobby and passion project for me, and I don't want to turn it into a side hustle or gig. That said, if you want to support me financially, then every little bit helps. But please do not feel pressure to do so. I will be fine no matter what.

Stay safe out there, and remember: Trans Rights!


50