Chapter 4
458 8 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hmm." Clark woke up in the morning by hearing birds chirping across the Kent farm. He turned himself to get up from the bed by using his hand as a support but he stopped his hand before it could be pressed against the bed. He remembered what would happen if he put even a little force on the bed. He simply lay down on the bed comfortably after noticing that he was still in the DC universe. He just hoped that this was a dream last night that he had created for himself but now it was his reality.

He looked up at the clock on the wall and the clock was showing 06:30. He recalled what happened last night with him before he called the system again in his mind. The system panel appeared in front of him in an instant which was showing congratulations on its panel for gaining a passive skill.

"Congratulations. You have gained a passive skill." 

The skill was psychic shields and its explanation was also given below the congratulations on the system's panel. 

"Congratulations on getting Psychic Shields from the starter gift pack. 


Psychic shields : Psychic shields refer to a mental defense mechanism or barrier used to protect one's thoughts, emotions, or consciousness from telepathic intrusion or psychic attacks. They help people in protecting their brain from telepaths or psychic attacks. Also protect the mind from memory manipulation.


Host has gained them. Host needs to create a mental self defense place. Host can create any type of place in your mind to protect it from telepaths or psychic attacks. It is upto the host what he creates inside his mind palace. The skill still prevents telepaths and magicians from accessing the host's thoughts, manipulating the brain and memories. 


Weaknesses: Psychic shields have vulnerabilities or weaknesses, such as being susceptible to particularly powerful psychic attacks, mental exhaustion, or disruptions in concentration."

Clark simply stared at the system panel with excitement in his eyes after reading about the skill. He was angry for the pain he felt last night but now it was worth it for this kind of skill. Clark had seen many times in movies and TV shows and the dreaded hentai how magicians or powerful telepaths could mess with someone's mind easily. 

In the Injustice comic book series Constantine uses magic on Superman to put him in eternal sleep or Martian Manhunter could use his telepathy to brainwash or kill him. And Raven also used magic on Batman to erase or manipulate his memory. If Batman is not safe from mind magic then no superhero is. Magic is the weakness of Superman just like kryptonite.

Now he was grateful for the skill but it also increased his workload. His body strength, the system, school, villains and now mind palace. But this was something he needed desperately because what if some villain read his mind and gained the knowledge he had of this universe. Then he could easily kill all the superheroes with some planning. He remembered from a movie where a villain stole Batman's contingency plans which have details about how to deal with every superhero present on Batman's database and he knew about all these plans. He needed to protect his mind and the mind of his loved ones from his enemies that he will make in future.

Clark set up on the bed in lotus position and started to concentrate his mind. He remembered it from reading manhwa in which people use this position to increase his mind's focus and enter their mind palace.

(A mind palace (also known as a memory palace) is basically a structure you build in your imagination, where you consciously deposit memories and attempt to retrieve them later.)

(The Lotus position is a classic meditation posture commonly used in various spiritual traditions, especially in yoga. The Lotus position involves sitting cross-legged on the floor. Both knees are bent with each foot resting on the opposite thigh. The hands typically rest on the knees. The Lotus position is not just about the physical posture; it's also about cultivating a calm and focused mind.)

After nearly sitting for an hour in this position he opened his eyes which were filled with disappointment. He could not access his mind palace. It was like there was a wall preventing him from accessing his mind palace. He now really wanted to curse the fanfic and novel author who described accessing the mind palace as an easy thing which their protagonist could easily access and here he is sitting on the bed for an hour without any result.

He decided to do this after gaining control over his body strength. He remembered that his mind is being protected by the skill but he could not be perfectly sure about it. He decided to check his status.

"System shows me my status screen." Clark said and a system panel appeared in front of his eyes with his status.

System panel


Name: Clark Joseph Kent, Kal-El


Race: Kryptonian


Age: 13 Years


Height: 167 Cm / 5 Feet 5 Inches


Weight: 64 Kg / 141 Pounds


Eyes: Blue


Hair: Black


Superpowers known:-


Super Strength (Partial)

Super Hearing

X-Ray Vision

Heat Vision


Note:- When you use your other abilities they appear here.

As Clark was viewing his status, Martha's voice came from downstairs, "Clark, come downstairs, breakfast is ready." 

Hearing his mom's voice Clark quickly viewed his status and slowly got up from the bed. After half an hour as Clark was closing the bathroom door. Martha opened his room's door and said, "Clark needs any help in doing anything." 

Clark shakes his head in denial while saying, "No Ma I don't need help, but the table…." He paused and pointed his finger toward the damaged table. The table has been crushed from one side, seeing the table Martha asked in worry, "Are you alright honey?" 

Martha started to check Clark's body for any injury and seeing that he doesn't have any injury Martha relaxed. "So that sound was from this table last night." Clark nodded his head embarrassedly.

"Come downstairs to eat breakfast. I will reheat it for you and Jon said that he had something by which you could learn to control your body's strength." Martha said as she kissed Clark's cheek and left his room. After Martha left Clark started to get downstairs. Just like yesterday he slowly and carefully descended and just as he finished his last step on the staircase Martha was done reheating the breakfast and setting plates on the table.

"Here you go sweety." Martha said in a motherly tone to Clark as he sat down on a chair. Martha also fed Clark breakfast today as he couldn't control his strength. After eating breakfast Clark left the house to look for Jonathan who was on the field waiting for him. After getting outside the house Clark could walk freely without caring about the destruction he caused to his surroundings. He let go of his control over his body strength which he didn't know he had.

As he walked toward the field his feet were leaving an impression on the ground. Jonathan was in a field which was surrounded by sorghum crops. The field was cleared. He had a crate of eggs with him and a big container which was in the middle of the field. As Clark reached Jonathan and saw all the things which Jonathan had gathered in the field he knew what his old man was thinking.

Clark asked Jonathan, "Do you think this will work Pa?" Hearing Pa from Clark's mouth he froze for a moment before smiling and he said, "We won't know until we try." 

After saying this Jonathan set up the things and Clark started his egg lifting training. In the starting Clark couldn't even properly hold the egg in his hand. Clark knew this was the best method by which he could easily control his body strength. He could feel that he was getting better and better after another egg. From his memories he knew that Superman could control his super strength through a combination of physical control and mental focus. It's often portrayed as a subconscious ability, but he can exert precise force when necessary.

So he also focused more on mental focus. He knew that he had to train his body and mind so it could work precisely when he needed normal strength and super strength. He needed to have full control on his body strength.

And after nearly 50 eggs Clark could hold the egg easily in his hand. After seeing the egg safe in his hands Clark smiles and Jonathan congratulates him. Now he was playing with the eggs juggling them. 

The next thing which Jonathan had in his mind for Clark was weightlifting training. The practice was going on a clear field away from people's eyes. Clark had removed his shirt. He was half naked while the sun shone brightly in the sky with his rays falling on Clark naked upper body. Clark deliberately removed his shirt because he wanted to get as much sunlight as possible because from his status he knew that he needed more sunlight in his body if he wanted to fully use all his abilities. 

In his weightlifting training the first thing Clark did was bucket lifting. Jonathan had filled the buckets with water and Clark could lift them easily without destroying or damaging anything. Seeing Clark could lift them without any problems Jonathan changed the exercise.

Now he decided to use logs. In the beginning Clark was having a little problem but now in the sunlight after a while he could easily lift them without any problems and difficulties. The next was tire flip then stone lifting. Seeing that nothing seems to be working Jonathan gets the hay bale which was the heaviest thing he could find. So the last one was lifting hay bales. Clark did everything easily, he could feel the strength in his body increasing and Jonathan was in a shock after seeing what Clark could do with his body.

After using everything he could use to measure Clark's strength Jonathan finds himself with no answer. It was like Clark's strength was increasing with time. In the beginning he could see his labored breath from bucket lifting but now after lifting hay bales Clark looked like he hadn't lifted 300 kg hay bales but a big bag of cotton.

Jonathan understood that Clark was superior to normal human beings. He could now just hope that he could teach Clark the difference between good and evil. But he didn't know that the son he was raising was no more but there was another soul in his son's body.

While Jonathan was thinking, Clark on the other hand was happy with his strength result for now. He knew that this wasn't his limit but for increasing his strength he would need the kryptonian suit which is now in the sentry ship. From watching the DCEU movies he knew that the Kryptonian suit Superman wore was special. He could feel the strength the sunlight was giving his body.

He knew that the kryptonian's body absorbs sunlight. He could slowly feel the strength in his body. But now he didn't have trouble while using his super strength. It was like his body was adapting to the new strength without any problems. Or maybe it was because he had crushed the eggs in getting control over his body and mental focus. While doing all the training the afternoon has come and the sun is shining brighter than ever.

Clark quickly came out from his thoughts when he felt Jonathan hand on his shoulder. "Clark are you alright?" Jonathan asked.

"Yes. I-I was just lost in thoughts." Clark replied as they both started to walk toward their house.

"Don't worry. Everything will be fine." Jonathan comforted him thinking that he was feeling sad about being different from them.

"Yes. Everything will be fine." Clark said with determination in his voice. Clark was also carrying the container which had the eggs which were crushed by him. They both quickly reach their destination where Martha was waiting for them. The family of 3 had lunch together while happily talking and discussing things with each other.

If you like reading this chapter then colour the heart red ❤️ and give this novel a rating.

16