Chapter 5
402 9 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After eating lunch Jonathan and Martha went to work on the field with Clark. Martha had her own field full of organic vegetables. She had started her organic farming after her marriage with Jonathan. Most of the vegetables that are used in the house are from her organic fields.

She had four small fields which were filled with different types of vegetables. It was near the house after checking them she started to make scrambled eggs from the eggs Clark had cracked during the morning while learning to control his strength.

The Kent farm had raised dairy cows and chickens. Like cows, chickens also get their free area without any cage. The Kents farm has grown alfalfa, corn, wheat oats, soybean, milo, grain, sorghum, potatoes, sugar beets and many other things.

Martha started to beat the eggs and season them with salt and pepper. She also added tomatoes, onion, bell pepper and spinach leaves which she plucked from her organic fields.

While Martha was making scrambled eggs with veggies Jonathan and Clark were checking the soybeans and sorghum fields which will be ready in a few days for harvesting. While they were checking the crops, Clark was shirtless as he was trying to get as much sunlight as he could in his body.

Jonathan ignored it as it was very hot during this time but the odd thing he noticed was that Clark wasn't sweating unlike him in this temperature. Jonathan thought it was due to Clark being an alien as he had never felt sick before.

After checking all the crops, Clark asked Jonathan if he could help in harvesting. Initially Jonathan refused thinking that someone might see him but Clark explained that by doing that he will have better control on his powers.

After thinking about it for a while Jonathan agreed to Clarks idea as he also wanted to get Clark powers under his control before high school started. As they returned to the house after checking all the crops Martha was waiting for them while the scrambled eggs were packed in boxes beside her. Martha told Jonathan to deliver the scrambled eggs she made to the neighbors as the number of eggs Clark cracked were lot.

But Jonathan handed the dishes to Clark to deliver them. Clark had worn his shirt again. Clark took the boxes of scrambled eggs and started to make his way toward the neighbors house. Clark made his way toward the first neighbor while enjoying the sunlight which was falling on his body. His body as always absorbing the sunlight hungrily even if only the sunlight was only falling on his arms as he had folded his shirt's sleeves.

After walking for some time Clark reached Ross's residence. From his previous life memories Clark knew that Pete would start bullying Clark in the school with some other boys. Clark laughs in his mind while thinking about some school boys bullying Superman who is one of the strongest people in the universe.

He rang the doorbell and after a few moments Abigail Ross, Pete's mother opened the door. She looked a little bit like Felecia M. Bell who played her role in Smallville. She is a lawyer like her husband Bill Ross. Seeing Clark on her door she smiled and Clark greeted her, "Good evening, Miss Ross." 

"Good evening, Clark. What happened?" She asked while looking at the boxes Clark was carrying with him.

Clark took out one box filled with scrambled eggs and handed her while saying, "Ma made scrambled eggs and I am here to deliver them."

"Aww, so sweet. I love Martha handmade food. You wanna come inside." She asked him despite seeing the boxes he was carrying.

"I wanted to but I have a few more boxes to deliver. Bye Miss Rose." Clark replied as he started to walk.

"Ok darling, take care." She said while Clark made his way toward other people's houses. After walking for a while, he looked around to see if there was anyone, then he used his super senses to check he was all alone except some small animals and insects. 

After checking he decided to use his super speed to deliver the food boxes. As for the reason why not? If you have something you gotta use it. Clark quickly delivered all the boxes except one which he was now bringing to Lang's house.

From his previous life memories Clark knew that Lana was Clark's first crush but because the writers wanted to make his love life tragic so just ended their love story by making Lana marry his bully or his arch nemesis Lex Luthor.

He had read on the fandom page that Lana also loved Clark and he was her crush since childhood. But due to some circumstances they couldn't be together with each other. In this world both are also friends with each other. Pete is also their friend but he will start bullying Clark in High School with Kenny and his lackery.

He knew Superman didn't have his upbringing with Kent's then he might become like Homelander or someone worse. If Superman let go of his morals then he might have beat his bullies. But he is Superman because of his morals and he is a symbol of hope to the people of Earth.

But he didn't have Superman morals. He knew that he couldn't see the world in just two shades of black and white like Batman or the previous Superman. But he also couldn't become a mindless killer. He needed to have a bottom line. But he knew that he could think about his bottom line later as he needed to focus on the current task which was to deliver the last package of food.

He had many things to do within a little time. He didn't know if some speedster would reset the timeline while he was working on the farm. As DC time travel works differently from Marvel. He could only hope for the best to happen. 

Clark steps towards the door of the Lang household. He quickly fixed his appearance which was a little dirty from running. After fixing his appearance he pressed the doorbell. It was now evening time as the sun had nearly disappeared from the sky and a few seconds later Lana opened the door.

Lana possesses distinctive green eyes and vibrant red hair, showcasing a unique and eye-catching combination. Her body also started to develop as she is now 15 years old. She is one year older than Clark.

Seeing that it was Lana who opened the door, Clark greeted her with a smile. "Hello, Lana." Seeing Clark at her door steps and that too with a smile toward herself, Lana became flustered. She also quickly greeted Clark back, "Hello Clark, what are you doing here?" Lana questions him while cursing herself in her mind for directly asking him this question.

She thought in her mind 'How can I ask him something like that? I should first ask him about himself and then talk but now what should I do?' While Lana was lost in her thoughts Clark could hear her heartbeat increase. So he decided to answer her question as he sensed her turmoil. He showed the food box to her.

"Ma made this for everyone and I am here to deliver them, Lana."

"Oh, so this is the famous handmade dish from your mother." Lana said while moving her hand to take the box from Clark's hand. Clark quickly pulls the box from Lana's hand range with a smile on his face. 

Seeing the smirk on Clark's face Lana asked, "What do you want?" Clark said nothing but he started to move toward her. Seeing Clark coming closer to her Lana started to panic in her mind that he was going to kiss her at her door while her parents were inside the house.

She closed her eyes nervously waiting for the kiss, seeing Lana like this Clark smile and move his hand toward her hairs. He drew a thread of clothes from her head. Feeling Clark hands on her hair Lana opened her eyes to see a teasing smile on Clark's face while his hand was holding a cloth thread.

Before Clark could say anything about it to her she quickly took the box from his hand and closed the door on his face after entering the house hastily. Seeing that Lana had closed the door Clark started to return to his farm. After getting a little bit distance from Lana's house Clark used his super speed to return to his house.

As he stopped at the gate of his house Clark removed his shoes to see that they had been burnt from the running. He remembered when he was watching an athlete race an athlete's shoes caught fire from the running. And from the TV show The Flash he knew that he would need fire proof, friction proof and many other proof clothes to make his costume otherwise he would be like hulk without pants after running or flying in super speed before getting his kryptonian suit from the ship. As he couldn't get into the contact of the ship because of Zod who was searching for him in space.

He also noticed that his clothes were light compared to this morning. Seeing his clothes conditions he released a relaxed breath. He was just feeling lucky that his clothes didn't get destroyed while he was running. He quickly got inside the house and after taking a bath he changed his clothes. 

After that the family had dinner while Jonathan told Clark that he would show him the ship in which he came to earth and they found him. To which Clark nodded he needed the key by which he could access the sentry ship. Clark understood why Jonathan had sent him to deliver the food because he could tell that Martha (Ma) was very uncomfortable with this topic.

He gently grabbed her hand and assured her with a smile that nothing was going to change between them. After eating dinner everybody went toward their bedroom. Class sat on the bed in his room after closing the bedroom's door. 

He glanced at the clock and the clock was showing 9:10. So he sat on the bed in a meditative position. Clark started to increase his sense limit slowly. So he started to release his control over his senses. But he didn't allow his senses to expand in one go. He carefully and slowly increased his senses range. First 1 meter he could hear everything that was happening without the overload so he started to increase it then it was 2, 3 and kept increasing it until at 10 m he started to feel a headache so he decided to stay in the 10 m range.

In those 10 m he could hear everything from the breathing of his parents in their room downstairs to the walking of an insect on the house roof. He could even hear some insects eating another insect. He felt disgusted by hearing all these sounds but he controlled himself otherwise he might lose control over his senses.

He took a deep breath then he started to remove the unnecessary voices from his mind. After struggling for a while the unnecessary voice in his ears started to fade. Now he could only listen to the voice wanted to in his ears. But it might not be very effective as in a fight his enemy could break his concentration by some pain, distraction or destruction.

He needs to train his brain to act passively all the time to keep his surroundings in check. He couldn't be careless about his surroundings as there are many sharpshooters in the DC universe. He needed to train his brain to make a difference between unnecessary and necessary voices in his ear from his surroundings. But he didn't know how much time or training it would take to reach that state.

System panel


Name: Clark Joseph Kent, Kal-El


Race: Kryptonian


Age: 13 Years


Height: 167 Cm / 5 Feet 5 Inches


Weight: 64 Kg / 141 Pounds


Eyes: Blue


Hair: Black


Superpowers known:-


Super Strength (Partial)

Super Hearing

X-Ray Vision

Heat Vision

If you like reading this chapter then colour the heart red ❤️ and give this novel a rating.

14