Ch: 87 [New feelings]
555 1 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After lunch, I took her to the arcade. Yeah, I know, it isn't exactly a dating spot, but believe me or not, as far as I can remember, she's a pro in Mortal Kombat. When 'Peter', Ned, Gwen, and Harry used to go to the arcade, they always used to play fighting games whenever they visited it, and who dominated it? None, other than her! I watched her play and did a decent job in the first fight, but then... the brutal death continued. 

"Take that," Michelle performed a brutality and decapitated Scorpion with her fists, bringing an end to our first game of the day.

I sighed and laughed at the same time. Damn, that was impressive.

"Told you, don't look down on me," she boasted and giggled like a child.

"Don't get ahead of yourself. I'm just getting warmed up. Best out of ten. This time, I'll make you experience how a pro player plays," I said confidently and proceeded with the next game. I'm pretty confident in my skills. Although I ain't a pro-Global player, I wasn't that bad.

"Bring it on, Parker," She took the challenge.

After nine games and six consecutive defeats...

"How could I lose so badly...?" I lost. Fuck! This is what happens when I don't rely on my Spidey power. Damn it. Why did I not rely on those spider reflexes, Aarghh... Shit...

Well, at least she looks happy. Let's think of it as one of those ero games where if you let the girl win, it will add points to her heart gauge. Hehe, maybe it worked on me, too. If I get more heart points, will she tell me she likes me? Eh... why am I even thinking of stuff like that? I'm so fucked up in my head. I should really take a few more days break from all work and download those games... Ahem! Obviously, for research purposes. 

"What was that about getting warmed up?" Michelle asked with a huge grin.

"Argh! Fine, you are better than me in Mortal Kombat," I raised the white flag. 

"Not only Mortal Kombat, I'm pretty sure, I can defeat you in all the games available here," she said arrogantly.

"Shut up. Now, come on, you have to prove that claim of yours."

And just as I said, she dominated almost all the games we played. Damn it! My big pride. I haven't played games in ages and I think using power in this situation will be unfair to her. Besides, what's the fun of playing if you end up relying on your superpower, it's not fun for a gamer!

We played for about an hour or so. Both of us tried some competitive shooter games in which I won some and she won the others.

Before we realized it, we were enjoying each other's company quite a bit. Michelle was relaxed and carefree, letting herself go a bit, while still keeping that cool and collected facade of hers intact. I unintentionally kept glancing at her cute expression and couldn't stop myself from feeling lucky.

Was I glad that I came today?! I felt the urge to hug her right there but restrained myself. We aren't quite at that point yet. Why am I so hesitant with her? It wasn't like this with Gwen, MJ, or May. For the first time, I felt a small uncertainty in my chest when it came to the thought of Michelle. Was it because I'm not relying on my power? Is this the reason? Had I used my seducing pheromone, I know for sure she'll submit herself to me, but, still. Maybe it was my childish ego that refused to use it because it would be like using a shortcut and that's just no fun at all, right now, but even without using that power, I can sense, I'm gaining something called, a special trust from her and that's a powerful aphrodisiac to the hearts of females.

...Maybe it's love, again, like what happened when I met MJ, Gwen, or May. Yes. There is a growing warm and sweet feeling inside my heart every time I stare into her beautiful brown eyes... and perhaps... I don't know what to make of it. Let's just go with the flow. Yeah, why not? If it's a chance, then I'll take it without being indecisive. 

"What? Something on my face?" Michelle noticed me staring at her.

"Ah, No. Sorry. Nothing." I scratched my cheeks awkwardly.

"Ohhh! Is that a blush I see?!" Michelle teased me.

"S-Shut up!"

"Hehe..." She chuckled at my reaction and looked away. "Say, Parker, thanks for today. I enjoyed it." She expressed her gratitude.

"Me too... Besides, I doubt I've ever seen you smile like this before."

She quickly covered her face with both of her hands. "Stop it, Parker. You're making me conscious." Michelle protested, looking all shy.

Damn! Her reactions are so cute.

"Ah, stop pretending to be cute," I chuckled lightly.

"Shut it, Parker," She punched my shoulders slightly, but unlike the usual Michelle Jones, it was a playful punch.

After spending some more time at the arcade, we left the place.

..

..

As soon as we stepped out of the arcade, three police cars and two SUVs rushed past us with their sirens turned on. Following them, another two police cars passed by. Seeing all that commotion, Michelle and I exchanged glances with each other.

"Another car chase," Michelle commented nonchalantly.

"Looks like it," I responded likewise.

Recently, the crime rate has been increasing, especially car chases. New Yorkers got used to seeing these scenes on the roads. I as Spiderman did what I could in my free time to take down the criminals. But, the thing is no matter how many times I stop crimes, new ones keep popping up. Last time, Frank informed me about the tension between Hammerhead and Kingpin. With him down, the others began to aim their guns at each other to seize control over the city. 

Recently, I stopped five gun exchanges between Hammerhead's men and Tombstone's men. Not only that, I also took down some dealers from Fisk Industries. The fun thing is, I did it in stealth mode. No one saw me coming. Then, I planted fake evidence, making the gangs fight each other. I've done that four times already. Currently, they must be busy pointing fingers at each other while thinking about who framed them.

Anyway, let's focus on Michelle. We began to walk by the street without much of a care.

"So, what do you think? Will you say yes to a second date?" I asked her.

Michelle smiled faintly upon hearing my question. "Hmm, depends on where you are taking me."

"Well, I'm sure I can think of something. What do girls like you enjoy doing anyway?" I inquired.

"Let me see. Hmm... Read books, watch movies, eat, put on makeup all day long, and sleep."

"Huh? Hey, don't lie. You aren't wearing any makeup today. I mean, you look great without makeup," I pointed out.

Michelle smiled hearing my compliment. "You really think so?" She asked with a faint glimmer of hope. "Well, not that I have the money to buy those chemicals and I don't like makeup. It's just a waste of time and money. Besides, I run low on budget these days," She shrugged her shoulders.

"Oh," I didn't ask her further about her financial problem.

"You aren't going to ask?" She raised an eyebrow.

I shook my head sideways. "It's none of my business."

"Good. Cause I'm not planning to burden you or anyone with my problems. I'll handle it myself."

I nodded. Well, that's a good mindset. After that, we walked towards the bus stop. While walking, her hand touched mine. Both of us became startled at the same time.

"..." Michelle just kept on walking with a little smile on her lips.

I didn't say anything and interlocked our hands. Michelle didn't protest either. Thus, both of us held hands till we reached the bus stop.

..

..

At the bus stop, we waited for a few minutes before the bus arrived.

"So, I guess, I'll see you later," Michelle bid farewell after stepping onto the bus.

"Yeah. See ya," I waved my hands.

Michelle returned my wave, and with that, the bus moved. I stood there until it disappeared from my sight before turning around to leave.

That was nice...

I turned around and began to walk at my own pace. Today went well. Michelle opened up to me, somewhat. Though I didn't expect her to say yes to a second date that easily. Maybe she is interested in me? Or is she just being kind? Fuck! Peter, don't doubt yourself. Yeah, be confident! Believe in your charm!

While walking, I heard a scream of a woman from the alleyway beside me. I halted immediately and focused my enhanced senses on the source of the sound.

"Help!! Someone help!!" A woman shouted desperately for help.

Two thugs were cornering her against the wall. One of them had his gun pointed at her head while the other one kept harassing her body.

"Come on, baby. Don't be shy. Show me what's underneath that cloth. I promise we'll have fun together," One of them was about to grab her boobs.

"Wow, there!" I dashed and grabbed his hand, "That's not how you treat a lady."

Both of them widened their eyes in surprise seeing me out of nowhere.

"Fuck off, kid. Mind your own business before I blow your brains off." The guy holding the gun threatened me.

Some things never change...

---

'favorite' the chapter if you liked it.

Support Link: www.pat reon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐Read 19 advance Chapters⭐ 

[New billing system. No double billing. You get 1 month regardless of the date you join.]
---

Next, Ch: 88: Liz and Flash

Ch: 89: Who are you, Peter Parker?

Ch: 90: Loan scam

Ch: 91: A cat and a Goblin

-------

---

Check out> Marvel Shattered Dimensions: Kill the Heroes >Webnovel

28