Ch: 95 [Preparing for the second date]
691 1 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'll need two-day max to final check the implant. Well, then, it's time to go on a second date with Michelle, after this, a few more dates. Well, I opened my laptop and began doing some research. Where should I take her next? It's our second date, so... aha... got it, I should take her to a movie theater! Movies always give a nice ambiance for couples to enjoy each other's company and build memories. Nah! That's too generic.

Wait a sec, how about rollercoasters or theme parks, and hey, that's fun and stuff. Girls love it... yeah, but the last time I went to a theme park with Gwen, it didn't turn out well thanks to those terrorists bombing that place. So, yeah, better avoid theme parks for now. 

I'm not that good when it comes to dating and deciding a place. May is different. I know what she likes and enjoys. But Michelle, well, she is a mystery that I'll solve. Let's see... Humm... How about Scuba diving? I know it costs money to buy gear and there are some rules, but hey, I ain't lacking money. Might as well try it out.

Anyway, I think I got it. After this, I'll make the bookings and call her later in the evening.

..

..

[3rd Person pov]

It's been three days since Michelle went out on a date with Parker and that was probably the best date ever. It's not like anyone asked her on a date ever. He is the first one who did so and she can't help but feel happy thinking about that day. "I wonder if he will ask me out again," She thought. 'When is he going to call me? Where is he going to take me? What is he doing? Should I call him? What if he gets angry?' Thoughts like these ran inside Michelle's head.

At present, Michelle is sitting on the bed with her phone in her hand. She couldn't get Peter's face out of her head and her heart was racing thinking about that day and when they walked hand in hand. She still remembered how good it felt to walk with him and how much she liked him. 'Shit, I need to calm down.' She slapped herself on her cheeks and tried to calm her heart.

"Damn it. What have you done to me, Peter Parker?" She asked no one in particular. She sighed heavily and kept on thinking about what to do next.

She typed Peter's number on the phone, but before she could press the call button, the phone vibrated. It was a call from Peter.

Michelle quickly pressed the answer button. "Hey!" She sounded excited as a happy expression surfaced on her face.

"Did I hear a hint of excitement in your voice?" Peter asked on the other side.

"I just said 'Hey'. I doubt you could tell anything from just that," She argued.

"I dunno, maybe I'm just imagining things."

"Maybe, who knows? So, what's up?" She asked.

"What? I can't just call you because I miss your sweet voice?" Peter said teasingly.

"Shut it, Parker," Michelle rolled her eyes as she lay back on the bed, swinging her legs playfully.

"Hehe..." Peter chuckled, "So, what are you doing?"

"Oh, nothing much, just lazing around."

"That's boring. I'm pretty sure you could do something better than that," Peter pointed out.

"Oh, you got a better idea?" She turned over to the other side of the bed and placed her head on the pillow.

"Yeah. Do you know how to swim?" He asked her.

"Swim? Hahaha... Oh, Parker. You have no idea. I'm pretty sure I can beat you in swimming."

"Only time will tell. Tomorrow, I'll take you on our second date as promised. You aren't busy, right?" He inquired.

"Nope, I don't have anything to do."

"Then, I'll pick you up at 9 am," He told her.

"Sounds good. Where are we going? You are not thinking of the beach, right? Wait! Is it the beach? You want to see me in a bikini that bad, huh?!" She asked teasingly.

"You in a bikini? Humm..." His voice trailed off for a second. 

"Hey, what was that 'Humm'?" She asked.

"What? I'm just imagining you in a bikini," He answered shamelessly.

Michelle was stunned to hear his answer. "You...! Don't you dare imagine it or you will regret it."

"I get it. You don't want me to imagine since you want to show it to me personally, right?" He teased her further.

"Ahhh... you...!"

"Hahaha... Well then, I'll take that as a yes. But, you do know how hard it is to imagine you in a bikini, right? I mean, I've never seen you in any other clothes other than your jeans and t-shirt," He pointed out.

"..." Michelle went silent upon hearing his words. 'Damn it, I forgot about that. Ah... Shit, now what do I do?!' She thought to herself. 'I never bought something like a bikini. The last one was from my swimming school and it's too tight around my butt. And... Shit!' She realized that she hadn't bought or worn any dress other than jeans and T-shirts. She bought most of them from market sales. 'I'm screwed,' She cursed.

"Hey, MJ. You still there?" Peter called out.

"Y-Yeah, I'm here."

"Oh, good. Sorry about that. I was just teasing you. Just be yourself and don't worry about your outfit. I don't care what you wear. I just enjoy your company, you know that..." He tried to soften the situation.

"Is that so? Well, thanks." She thanked him.

"Sure. Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Yeah, see you tomorrow." She ended the call and sighed deeply.

"Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day," She smiled as she looked at her phone. "Fuck!" She jumped down from the bed and opened her dresser. It was filled with jeans and t-shirts. She started going through all the drawers only to find more and more jeans and t-shirts. "What should I do?"

Michelle was saving money for further studies and with the situation at her home, she couldn't really afford to buy any fancy clothes or dresses. "Why did you have to say something like that? Sseehh... Why do I even like you?" She said out loud. However, she didn't want to blow up this new relationship with Peter. Maybe for once, she could be a little selfish and spend some money on herself.

"What to do?" She bit her lips, trying to think of a solution. 

Jones had a difficult home life and she and her mother had not heard from her father in years by the time she had concluded her junior year in high school. Jones developed a sarcastic, guarded demeanor as she grew, preferring to read her books and often had difficulty when trying to establish friendships. However, her father eventually returned to her life. Jones also came to dislike being called by her last name.

Now, the main money problem comes from her father. It's not drugs or drinking problems, but gambling. She knows that her dad is gambling his money away and forcing her mother to pay up. The debts kept rising and right now, the amount is too large for her mother to pay. Michelle doesn't know what to do. She works at the library and at her mother's flower shop and yet, the amount doesn't seem to decrease. So, she has been saving her money for further studies in hopes that she might get a good job with good pay and finally, she'll be able to get her mother out of this situation.

After much contemplation, Michelle decided to spend a bit of money and buy a new dress. "Shit, why is it so hard to buy a dress?" She cursed as she walked around the mall. She tried many dresses but none of them satisfied her. "Maybe I should try a bikini first... You better appreciate it, Parker."

..

..

[Peter's POV] [Location: Mall]

I found a place that sells scuba gear and I need new clothes and shoes. It's been a while since I spent some money on myself. Might as well go all out. Well, I could have just rented the gear, but I want a new one for me and for Michelle.

This store is really good. It has everything I need. I bought two entire sets and obviously, the best one they have.

"I want it delivered at this address by tonight, can you do it?" I asked the cashier girl.

"Nah, we need at least 48 hours for that, besides, there are other delivery on the list. So, I wouldn't count on 48 hours," She replied with a tired tone. 

"You're not gonna let me try to persuade you?" I took out 200 dollars and placed the bills on the counter.

She glanced at both sides, then quickly pocketed the money, "Sure, I'll make sure they deliver it by tonight."

"Thanks," I smiled and left the store. Alright, I got the gear, now I need new clothes. But man, no matter where you go, money talks and gets your job done. 

Yet, some say, money can't buy happiness. 

That cashier girl for example. I know her. She lives around the slums and I saved her a couple of times as Spiderman during my patrols. If I'm not mistaken, her name is Sarah. She told me about her situation. Why? Who knows? She talked, and I listened. Her brother goes to elementary school and her parents... Well, let's say, they have no parents. Anyway, she works hard to take care of him. So, that $200 might not be much for me, but for her, it means she can buy her brother some new clothes or a proper dinner after her shift, maybe it will help her a little with the rent. Now, isn't she happy? Even if it's a little bit, but she's happy.

My next stop is the clothing department on the other side of the mall. As I was walking there, my eyes caught a familiar figure, standing near the Women's Clothing Department.

I can recognize that messy brown hair everywhere. That's Michelle.

***

'favourite' the chapter if you liked it.

Support Link: www.pat reon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐Read 18 advance Chapters⭐ 

[New billing system. No double billing. You get 1 month regardless of the date you join.]
---

Next, Ch: 96: A moment with Michelle

Ch: 97: Scuba diving

Ch: 98: Michelle & Parker

Ch: 99: Uneasiness

Ch: 100: Mark of Kaine

29