Two People, Different Insecurities
738 6 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
19 + advanced chapters on https://www.patreon.com/invayne

 

To think I, the friendless, have actually gotten a friend after all this time. I looked at the pink-haired thing, who seemed to be very content at my side, and let out a small sigh. I wrote a few words in my notebook and showed them to her. “If you need help with anything, just let me know, I will do what I can. Whether in game or out. I owe you big time, so I am unsure of how to repay you.”
 
“Don’t worry about it.” The pink-haired thing shook her head. “I just hope you can stay as my friend. I haven’t had anyone who was willing to become my friend. Many people have acted as my friend due to my money. But once they realized I would not spend a dime on them, they would stop talking to me.”
 
“Wh-Why? Wh…. Why would-would someone do that?” I was still unable to speak perfectly without stuttering but at least I used my voice. 
 
“I know, right? Who cares how rich a person is? But because it kept happening, I stopped being friendly to those around me. But you are different. You had no idea who I was. You treated me as a normal person even after you found out I was rich. You did not ask me for money, nor did you act in a fawning manner. Well, you did get me to add an extra condition on your lease, but that is understandable since you probably would have asked for it anyway, right?” I nodded my head to her question. I planned to try to get it added on, even if it was just the water bill.
 
“Yo-You…. Tr-trust me…. That… much? We-we… just… met…”  I was confused by how trusting this girl was with me.
 
“You can think of it as a special gift of mine now. I can read people easily. You are not one to use people. I can tell. Although I do wonder why a cute girl like you keeps her head lowered and her hair covering her face.” The pink-haired thing turned to look at me. She reached up to part my bangs, but I quickly stopped her.
 
“Don’t…” It was already hard enough to speak as I was. To have someone look at the real me is kind of…. 
 
“Sorry.” The pink-haired thing looked slightly surprised but quickly put on a smile after a few seconds.
 
“It’s fine.” I wrote. I already spoke enough I was already at my limit.
 
The pink-haired thing changed the subject, and I began talking about how we should decorate my apartment. She did not dwell on my little outburst just now. She is a good girl, but I will need to get used to her presence before I really open up to her. We only just met, but I do feel we can get along as long as she doesn’t try to force me to do anything I am uncomfortable with. Like going out to places or talking…. or talking…. meeting people….
 
As long as it is none of the above, I think we can get along. Many people might be suspicious of a girl or boy who just suddenly latches on to you, but I can tell that this pink-haired thing is not a bad person. I am not sure if the dreams I saw were real or not, but they did give me good lessons on who to trust and who not to trust. The pink-haired thing might be clingy, but I could tell she would not harm me. 
 
When we arrived the movers carried my pitiful five boxes to my empty apartment. Well, what should have been emptied, but for some reason, when we entered, there was new furniture in the once bare rooms. I turned and looked at the pink-haired thing, who turned her head away and started whistling while admiring the white-painted wall next to her. I quickly wrote: “Care to explain?”
 
“I…. I didn’t want you to move into an empty place. Once I found out you had nothing of your own, I hinted to Robert that he should furnish the place.” The pink-haired thing explained in a fluster. 
 
I could only sigh and look at all the things that had been moved in. I slowly wrote in my notebook and held it up. “Are you trying to buy my friendship? Because if you are, then please leave.”
 
“No!” The pink-haired thing cried out, startling not only me but also the movers who had just set the boxes down. I turned to them and wrote: “Thank you. See Robert downstairs. He will sign anything you need.” I did not know if this was the case, but right now, I had to deal with the situation at hand. They gave their thanks before leaving and kindly closing the door behind them. I then took the pink-haired thing by the hand, pulled her to the couch, and sat her down. 
 
I sat on the floor in front of her and held up my notebook after writing in it. “Just like how you do not wish to be used for your money, I do not wish to be bought. I do not want a friendship that is based on benefits. You have already helped me out a great deal. By accepting the furniture, it is as if I am using you and you are buying me. So let’s do this. If you did not mean to do things in this manner, then let me pay you for the furniture and the movers.”
 
The pink-haired thing who had tears brimming in her eyes quickly nodded her head. I could only sigh and force a smile as I wrote: “Good, have a bill ready for me tomorrow.”
 
While this was an unexpected expense, there was nothing I could do about it. Yes, I could have them remove it all and return it, but I know the pink-haired thing was trying to do this out of kindness. So, the easiest route is to just pay for things. At least I will have a bed to sleep in tonight.
67