Gained A Friend?
954 18 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
18 + advanced chapters on https://www.patreon.com/invayne

Everything changed for me a week before kindergarten started. My parents split after a huge fight. Neither of them seemed to want me, but in the end, it was my mother who took me in. This was one of the reasons why I moved out as soon as I could. From that day on, my mother basically wanted nothing to do with me. I got the bare minimum to survive off of, and that was it. 
 
My days in school were no better. Because I was always being yelled at by my mom and sometimes hit, I could only keep my head lower. You can only be called worthless so many times before believing it. The kids at school didn’t help either. They picked on me for wearing clothes that were obviously too small for me. When my teachers questioned my mother about it, I would end up in trouble when I got home. But because she was getting money just to have me living with her, she did not dare toss me aside.
 
Because of bullying at school, I ended up dropping out at the age of sixteen. Since then, I took up a job and began saving up until I could afford my own place. Luckily, my so-called mother did not care too much about what I was doing after I was old enough to take care of myself. She even signed my dropout form without even reading it. As soon as I got enough money to pay for my own place, I left home, leaving a note behind. As for my father…. Heh… I haven’t heard from him since he left. 
 
To this day, I do not know what changed the two of them. My father used to be so kind to me. But that day, when my parents were arguing, he gave me the most disgusted look I have ever seen on a person. It makes me wonder if the father I thought was my dad was actually not, and the reason my parents broke up was because of an affair. 
 
This is why once things begin to hit the fan, you will not see me running to save my parents. But it is because of the ten or so years growing up as I did that my self-esteem is shot. I do not like feeling as if I am worthless but I am also afraid of how the world views me as well, which is why I stay away as much as I can. At least now I can do so with the current amount of funds I have on hand, but…. I might not be alone all that much anymore.
 
I glanced at the pink-haired thing, hugging my arm as if I was about to run away, and wondered what I got myself into. But at the same time, it was not so bad to have someone around. However, I do feel as if I am taking advantage of her. I mean, she has helped me all day today and even worked it out so I can get a good deal on an apartment. This is something I can not repay easily. The most I can do is help her level a bit in the game and get her prepared for what is to come. Since I will be playing a lot, I am sure I will have a bit of extra time to help her. 
 
I guess it does help that we made a pretty good team in game. She did not make a single mistake as we fought. So I have to give her some praise there. Of course, this does not change the fact that she is a pink-haired thing. She will always be one of those.
 
I wrote out a few things in my notebook and showed it to her. “I will buy you pizza later as a thanks.”
 
“Okay! Sounds good! I did not eat today since I woke so pizza sounds really good!” The pink-haired thing really knows how to guilt-trip people. 
 
We finished taping the final box and were now ready to go. I had a backpack with what few clothes I owned and my head set which I would bring to the new place on my own. As for the other four boxes…. I got strange looks from the moving company when they saw only four boxes and nothing else. The pink-haired thing did not seem to mind at all, but I still felt embarrassed. Their stares hurt….
 
Luckily, I was riding in the car with the pink-haired thing, or else I would have been even more uncomfortable. But I still questioned why this pink-haired thing liked holding on to me. I scribbled in my notebook and showed it to her. “Am I going to fly away?”
 
“Hmmm? Oh! Hehe! Sorry, I am not used to having friends. So I ended up being a bit clingy.” The pink-haired thing explained as she let go. But Her words made me want to tease her a bit.
 
“We are friends? Since when?” I asked but regretted after since she started to tear up. I had to quickly write: “I was just joking….”
 
“Oh! Don’t joke like that…” The pink-haired thing seems to be emotionally insecure. Maybe she is on her period? Anyway, it seems I have gained a friend….. 
66