Destroying The World
912 12 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
20 + advanced chapters on https://www.patreon.com/invayne

To be honest, I never expected the pink-haired thing to be so willing to believe my words. But at the same time, I am thankful that I do not seem to be as crazy as I thought. Well… it could be that the pink-haired thing is just as crazy as I am.

One thing that comes to mind is that since I have the quest line that might trigger the changes in the future, why am I still willing to complete the quest? Why is the pink-haired thing willing to change the world as well? Is it because we both have our own issues and wish for a change? An escape from reality that turns the escape into reality itself? I myself do not know the answer to this. I only know that I am sick of the current world. A world where some slave away and get nowhere no matter how hard you try, while others seem to get the golden ticket and climb above and beyond.

A world run more on strength seems like a more viable solution. A place where I can live a life without worry. “Zoe, your smile is very cute. Even if it is slightly evil.”

I raised my head and looked at the pink-haired thing while touching my lips. It was true. My lips were curled up. Heh… I guess destroying the world is a very happy topic for me. I tapped on the screen on my cell phone. “Let’s destroy the world together.”

“Okay!” The pink-haired thing agreed readily. “But we need to grow stronger than the others first. So, let’s work on leveling up while getting resources. You said you have a few of those unique quests, right? Do you think you can get a few more levels from them?”

“I can…. But why are you so willing to destroy the world that we know?” I asked. This was a very curious topic for me.

“Because….. I want a place that is more fair to everyone. Think about it. I might be a rich miss, but that is only because my parents were able to build up a fortune by working hard. And going into debt to do so. They almost ended up bankrupt multiple times. But many people out there work hard and end up stuck in the same dead-end job with no way of getting out. If they quit, they lose everything they built up to that point.

“I think a world where you can level up and learn skills to become stronger and is much better. There is no one holding you back but yourself. That’s why I am willing to destroy this world with you and allow a new system to take over.” The pink-haired thing did not seem to be rushing things. Her thoughts seemed to be in the right place and aligned with mine.

“Then I will help you level up. We will work together from now on. To be honest, the reason why I moved into this building specifically was because the first dungeon in this area would appear next door. Your father will end up becoming one of the top tycoons since this building alone will be worth billions in the future. The pink-haired thing will become an even richer little miss.” I teased at the end. Seeing the pink-haired thing’s pouty lip when she read the last part was worth it.

“I wish you would call me angel! Maybe I should call you black-haired thing!” Oh! The pink-haired thing was striking back!

“As you wish.” I sent in a text. She looked at me and snorted but soon smiled. She did not stay down for long.

“So we are now partners, right?” the pink-haired thing asked.

“Yeah, I guess we are. But I suggest not mentioning this to anyone else.” I was actually worried about this. While I would keep my mouth shut since it’s the easiest thing in the world for me to do, the pink-haired thing was different.

“I only have one friend. Who else would I speak to? Plus, I do not plan to make any more friends. Having one is enough for me. The only thing I need to do is make sure my father does not sell this place, which I doubt since I am living here. But if you want, I can get a lawyer to write up a contract. I know we just became friends, and things like this should be put into writing, so….” As the pink-haired thing babbled on, I sighed and raised my hand, stopping her.

“It’s not needed. I was just wondering. Either way, if you ever did try to backstab me you would need to be a higher level than me to do it.” It was true once the dungeons appeared and the people began switching to a life of fighting monsters; strength was all that mattered. As long as you were at a higher level, you could basically do anything you wanted. Someone of a lower level would not be able to kill you.

“Oh…” The pink-haired thing nodded. “Well, don’t worry, that day will never come. I don’t want to lose my one and only friend.”

We chatted for a while longer before deciding it was time to jump in game. Time was of the essence if we wished to do anything. We first needed to deal with the tasks at hand. Leveling up was our priority, and we gained as many resources as possible. I decided I would finish the quest when I reached level 80. It would give us more time to gather resources and prepare ourselves.

54