A Connection?
901 11 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
36+ advanced chapters on https://www.patreon.com/invayne

“This pizza is not bad.” The pink-haired thing was pulling on a string of melted cheese from the pizza she just bit into. She seems to have quite a big appetite for someone so small. It turns out that while she looks younger than me, the pink-haired thing is actually twenty-two. She is a college dropout due to some circumstances in her college. She did not seem to want to go into detail. Her real name seems to really be Angel; her last name is Roberts. Unlike me, she is outgoing, while like me, she is also a shut-in for different reasons. 
 
Earlier, I dabbed into a new expense, which was a cell phone. Mainly because I ran out of paper in my notebook…. After everything was settled, the pink-haired thing took me to a store and helped me acquire a cheap cell phone. Twenty dollars a month, which was not bad. I didn’t need anything special, so I went with the cheapest they had. So I slowly typed out: “It is good. Question…. What are your future plans? Do you plan to play Mortal Online full-time?”
 
“Mmm… They will be adding a streaming function soon. With this, I can make money from streaming. You should do it too. It will be an extra income. It will be slow at first, but it will slowly pick up.” The pink-haired thing just made me remember that I did hear about people streaming the game in my dreams. It had not occurred to me since I was not very talkative. Well, I was basically silent, but still. 
 
 
“I will think about it.” It was definitely a possibility. The extra money would come in handy just in case things were not really fully reality. I keep having that small worry that some things might differ from the dreams. But thinking about it like this…. “If…. I am speaking hypothetically; I said that in two years, the world will soon change to where game and reality start to merge. What would you think?”
 
“Hmm…. If it was possible or that it would happen?”
 
“Would happen. Like one hundred percent would happen, and the game itself would become the only way to survive the real world.” I decided to elaborate a bit. I was basically seeing what the pink-haired thing’s thoughts were on this.
 
“Mmm… I would really like to see that happen. But if that were the case and game and reality were to merge in some ways, then I would probably be hogging as many resources as…. Wait… I might sound crazy, but the reason you kept collecting all the herbs during my quest and mining ore was it…..” It seemed the pink-haired thing was not as stupid as she might act sometimes.
 
“I know it seems crazy, but before the game even came out, I kept having dreams about it. My current level is so high because I was able to quickly pick up a bunch of unique quests that are not even known yet. I know many quest lines and many boss drops and secrets. My dreams did not just relate to the game but also to the real world as well. In two years, according to my dream, dungeons will start to appear. 
 
“Not long after, monsters will start spawning in the real world, and countries will begin to fall. Strength will rule. And the only way to level will be in game. Real-world dungeons will also drop different items, which will help strengthen you even more so they are not totally useless. Not to mention, they will need to be culled due to dungeon breaks. A new society will be built up around dungeons….” I sighed as I said: “I-I sou-sound…. Crazy….”
 
“No! It is indeed wild, but you are living proof that it is not completely a lie, right? It makes sense since you seemed to know so much about a quest I had just picked up as if you had done it before. But such a quest would take too long to get since it is a rare drop, or else everyone would have done it already. So while it is crazy indeed, proof is there to back it up.” The pink-haired thing was looking at me with pure, honest eyes. She did not seem to think I was lying at all. But she was right. I am living proof that the dreams were somewhat real.
 
“So…. You… you believe me? If only a little?” I asked.
 
“Yes… It is indeed nuts. I even think I am crazy for believing it, but I cannot go against the facts. Plus, now that we are friends, we can work together, right? If you help me catch up on level, we can slowly build up a large amount of resources. If things do not play out like you say in two years, then we can just sell it all or do something else with it. But question…. Do you know if there was any kind of trigger for things to begin appearing in the real world? Like, did someone complete some kind of quest or something?” The pink-haired thing brought up a good question…. Was there a trigger?
 
I fell into deep thought. During the time dungeons appeared, I was still in the game….. In my dream, there was a notice of someone completing the Dimensional Awakening quest… If I am not wrong…. That is also part of the Chrono Step quest line….  They had completed the full quest line, which gave world notifications. If that is the case and I know the whole quest line and how to pass it, wouldn’t that mean I can hasten everything? That is, if it is all connected….
 
“There is a possibility…. But I am not sure. I will need to finish my quest line before I can be sure, but to do so, I need to at least be level 40.” I explained.
 
“If that is the case, then we should gather as many resources as we can. As you complete parts of your quest line, we can also take a look to see if any other changes begin to appear in the real world…”
64