Arc 1–Chapter 44
357 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


slow pace as usual... I'm excited to watch the pirated version of the Tower of God.. Lol ^_^  I have no choice since Crunchycroll banned has our country.. Gonna wait for the ToG in Kissanime.  Anyway a bit of warning in this chapter, I don't condone and encourage any act of animal abuse and killing. Also I like to thank everyone who was still or keeping in reading this story. I didn't realize and i was happy to know that this story is in 8th place in anniversary competition.

Chapter 44 [E rank quest ]

Adventurers, are those people who goes in taking quest as their main profession. For the many people in Irisha–mainly the commoners, most of them does have a profession as an adventurer.

Being an adventurer is a risky Job, there are many cases of adventurer being killed by monsters and losing their life in an unfortunate 'accidents'.

As an adventurer, people are gambling their lives away for fortune, riches, recognition, fame and glory.

There were people hoping that they would reach the peak of the world someday.

People who dreams of discovering and conquering a dungeon.

Different dreams and different desires, but before that they need to start from the bottom of the hierarchy of adventurers.

F, E, D, C-, C, C+, B-, B, B+, A-, A, A+, S, S+, SS, SS+, SSS and SSS+ rank.

Those were the 18 ranks of an adventurer.

For them to reach the apex, they need to take quest and grow stronger and stronger and pass the required test issued by the adventurer guild.

......................................

(Protagonist PoV)

" Congratulations, young master you are now officially an E rank adventurer. "

The big sis– Receptionist Milana said in a cheerful and happy tone.

After arriving on the Riskel town, we have immediately made our way to the adventurers guild. Upon arriving, not bothering to look at the other adventurers, I have immediately made my way to the counter and handed back my adventurer's guild card, the quest request and the quest items.

Finally, I am an E rank now. No more F rank quest. Even if I am still allowed to take F rank quests, I won't bother on taking those request anymore!

" Thank you. " I said as receptionist Milana handed back my adventurer guild card.

[ Adventurer Guild Card– Proof of identification of an Adventurer

Name: Louis
Age: 10
Class: Disclosed
Race: Human
Level: 30 - Already verified

Current Adventurer Rank: E rank ]

Upon looking at the card, I can't still help but smile slightly as I look at the card. Even through it was clear that I haven't still leveled up from taking those quests. It was clear that those quests didn't help from making me stronger or level up. Was it because that I am too high level or me leveling up does really required me to kill monsters?

Sigh, Let's just see what would happen later...

" Is something bothering you? " I look towards Milana and saw her frowning.

Is she worried that I look troubled?

She was really nice. I smiled and decided to asked where I can found the quest request for E rank quest.

" There was a board not far away from those F rank board... You would see it since it was also frequently visited by the other adventurers. "

I nodded my head and walk on finding the E rank board together with Yuuro who mostly maintained his silence when we entered the adventurers guild. While walking, I glance at the tables and chairs place inside the adventurers guild. Some of them are occupied by the adventurers who was either talking, drinking or eating.

I haven't seen the adventurers that I met when I first arrived here in the riskel town. When I asked receptionist Milana, she told me that Sir Isidro and his party members have traveled to the other town as they decided to explore a C rank dungeon called  «Lair of the Mist Crawler». It was unfortunate that I haven't meet them as they are nice and kind. Maybe they would return a week later, I hope that I would see them again.

" Little Baron, looks like you wouldn't need to help the cats get down on trees anymore. "

I was startled out of my thoughts when Yuuro had made his way to the E rank board. The adventurers who was already there quickly scattered away when Yuuro has approached the board. Despite some of the adventurers were quite hostile to me, none of them dared to attack.

The adventurers who scattered were currently looking at Yuuro with wary and cautious eyes. As for the reason that they were looking at Yuuro like he was some kind of criminal....

Something has happened during my 3rd day as an adventurer.

Some people dared to attack and threatened me. I have done nothing to earn their ire except that everyone knows that I am a child of the noble.

In the end, those drunk cannon fodder adventurers and the bystanders learned what was under the black robes of Yuuro and what is that strange clunking sound everytime that he was walking.

Those drunk adventurers were welcomed by a metal prosthetic leg. Since then, those people have opted out on staying away from me and my 'faithful servant'.

Courtesy of Robert– the skeleton blacksmith of the Lucia town, Omurda the slime and the other citizens, they have manage to find a solution on Yuuro's right leg missing predicament. It wasn't like he can just forever use dark mana for his missing right leg. He would die in mana exhaustion before he can even last for 3 years or enact his so called plan of revenge.

Sighing, I decided to look at the request paper that Yuuro was holding in his hand.

« Quest: Hunt 10 Cabbit

→ Cabbit was a magical low tiered beast which was a the result of breeding between a Rabbit and Cat.

→ Cabbit are considered to have a very very high reproduction ability. They are between on the levels of 5-15. They are fast, mischievous and they can jump for about 3-6 meters high.

→Cabbits when they have a very high numbers are considered to be a damage to the nearby ecosystem of the forests in Riskel and other towns. So the adventurer guild required a regular culling of the Cabbits.

→ Cabbits claws are painful so please be careful and avoid being bitten by a Cabbit since their fang carries a poison that would kill you when not cured in the span of two weeks. »

Right, I don't need to help cats anymore... I need to kill a Cabbit now... Fuck! Why can't it just be a slim– Technically it isn't Omurda!!

Killing a slime is better!! Why did you even picked up that request!

Looking at the other E rank quest and the one Yuuro was holding, appears that this was the easiest for E rank quest.

Reluctantly, I take it to receptionist Milana while imagining myself being tortured by various cat lovers, environmentalist and other animal protection organizations back on Earth. And being put into the jail because of Animal abuse.

Even killing a Goblin would be better than this! 

9