At Some Point, All We Can Do Is Somehow Look Forward (Previously: Please Help Jinnji (My Cat))
381 10 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello Everyone!

I've lost my furbaby of 14 years recently. Jinnji ended up meaning to me what a child would to anyone else, so I'm still filled with deep loss and sorrow. In a hurry to fill that hole, I adopted a cat that looks very similar to him, although it's important to note that no one and nothing can ever fully replace a lost precious one. That wasn't likely the intention anyway. I've lost enough in my life to know that it doesn't work that way.

That having said, new things can represent new hope, love and joy. He's a good boy, almost like the old Jinnji, but as I mentioned, things aren't entirely the same. I managed to establish a loving relationship with him very quickly. He's as independent as the original, with some interesting twists. He even patrols the same way, but I don't think Coco is as clever. At least he hasn't figured out how to open up cabinets yet.

He's quite the cuddler when he wants to be! Inside just a week, too!

20240327_082438.jpg?ex=661fec2e&is=660d772e&hm=2d220b23ba3cacf40c011dcc1a67e3bb13e7eaf87a53158460d8474bd80a2559&=

Aqua didn't seem to have that good of a relationship with Jinnji. Too much rivalry. Too much territorial behavior. I won't go into details about that. But Jinnji's death hit her more than I would have expected. She was obsessed with Jinnji's ashes for a few days and even tried to jump up onto the shelf where his little box is displayed next to Kuro's. Someone you might remember him. The stray I took in one cold wintry night and fed for a year and ended up showing a latent issue with his bladder that took his life. While I cried for Kuro's passing, it couldn't affect me as deeply as Jinnji's since I had Jinnji for so long, from kittenhood. Kuro was a personable old gentleman. My grandfather sensed a kinship with him, I think. The picture I ordered in his memory impressed him so much, he wanted me to display it on our mantle back then.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who did what you could and those who read and couldn't do more than pray or hope that things would go well.

A number of things have happened to me since then that have been troubling, but I won't go into that.

Anyway, I still have the work I've done on Elodie Elegy and the massive wireframe. As I mentioned, come the election, America remains a free nation with its Constitution intact, I hope that I'll be able to write more. By the way, for those who have been missing my writing, a pet project to stay in practice can be found on my Discord channels somewhere. A fair amount has been written for that. Since I don't want to publish anything seriously for a while yet, that'll be the best way to read aside from re-reading old content.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, everything considered.

Regards and Love,
Rellawing

6