Chapter 7: Emergency, Young Master!
6.9k 13 166
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yan Xiaolong was applying medicinal oil on his rear end while laying on his bed. “Damn it. Uncle Tie is seriously bad news. Thought, I’m more astonished that I’m alive.” 

 

Considering the height that he had fallen at, Yan Xiaolong was not too injured. At the same height, a common man would have become meat paste. Thankfully, cultivating the Immovable King’s Scripture meant cultivating the body as well. In fact, among all inner disciples, he probably had one of the ten toughest bodies. 

 

While he rubbed his rear end with one hand, his other grabbed onto the leather bag that Uncle Tie gave him. Inside the bag were cultivation resources, plenty more than what he had inside his room. Most importantly, there were hundreds of thousands of spirit stones. Spirit stones were the world of immortal cultivation’s currency and primary cultivation resource, formed by the universe itself. He could directly use the spiritual qi inside the spirit stones to increase his power or use them to purchase more appropriate cultivation resources. 

 

However, there were so many in here that he could become a Golden Core cultivator if he used them while meditating long enough. If he was fortunate, it would take him three years to reach that level; five years if he was unfortunate. Though, that time span would be as quick as days in the mortal world. Yan Xiaolong put a spirit stone to his mouth and tried absorbing the spiritual qi, before spitting it out and gagging. 

 

[Spirit stone are not like cultivation pill. They are highly concentrated spiritual qi, so trying to eat one is the same as putting a miniature bomb inside your mouth. Although it is a quicker way of absorbing spiritual qi, only people with strong enough bodies can actually consume spirit stones. The correct way to use spirit stones is by putting it near the abdomen and slowly draw out the spiritual qi inside the dantian, letting it flow throughout the meridians.] 

 

“Thanks,” Yan Xiaolong grumbled. “Hm? What’s taking Zhong Yun so long?” 

 

Suddenly, Zhong Yun came rushing into the room. "Emergency, Young Master! Young Master!" 

 

Pulling his pants up, Yan Xiaolong replied, "What is it?" 

 

Zhong Yun ran over and gave him a jade-slip. "It's the inner court mandatory service! Someone had apparently send their complaints to the Hall of the Inner Court that you haven't completed your mandatory service. The sect has given orders that you must complete it within a month as punishment." 

 

"Inner court mandatory service?" 

 

"Every inner court disciple must complete a mission before becoming a true inner court disciple. Not completing the inner court mandatory service would result in horrible punishment, including cultivation crippling. It must have been the Han Clan's doing! Sir you need to take action immediately!" 

 

"What? But I've been an inner court disciple for years!" 

 

"Er, Young Master, Lord Tie has been helping you avoid the mandatory service for a while. But this time..." Zhong Yun made a difficult expression. 

 

"Shit, man! You've been an inner court disciple for years, and you still haven't done mandatory service? You actually left it off to the next guy, you damn silkpant!" 

 

Although he was annoyed, Yan Xiaolong could only sigh and comply. 

 

"Ah, but wait Young Master! Lord Tie has a solution to help you!" Zhong Yun pulled out a red potion from his robe and gave it to Yan Xiaolong. "When Lord Tie heard about your mandatory service, he wanted me to give you this Supreme Dragon God's Blood Potion! Although it won't raise your cultivation level, it can greatly enhance your skills and comprehension in the Dao. Before you leave for this mandatory service, you should consume and become stronger." 

 

"Oh?" He grabbed the red potion and looked at it in details, focusing on the thick, translucent liquid inside the glass bottle. "So this is one of those cultivation elixirs. Supreme Dragon God's Blood Potion? That sounds badass!" 

 

"Make sure you drink everything, Young Master. Then, lay on your bed. The potion will make you fall asleep and your dreams will be a realm where you can obtain the perfect training environment for yourself." A mysterious gleam flickered in Zhong Yun's eyes. 

 

Without any suspicion, Yan Xiaolong quickly drank the whole potion, its bitter taste lingered in his mouth. He laid his head on his pillow and fell asleep. 

 

Moments later, Uncle Tie came into the room. He placed a finger on Yan Xiaolong's forehead and caused ripples to appear. "There. That should do it." 

 

"Lord Tie, how what should we do now? Since the Han Clan quickly made their move, we have to act quickly as well." 

 

"Indeed. I was planning on sending him to a safer mission for his mandatory service, but that old lady Ice-Phoenix got involved and she chose that blasted mission out of all them. Well, I'm sure after he consume the potion, it will all be fine."

 

"Lord Tie, what is that potion? You only gave me a rough description and told me to make up a name?" 

 

"This is the Demon Century Potion, something I got from an old friend. It can indeed increase your dao comprehension and make you stronger in spirit, but it sends you directly to a dream where demons lurk in every corner, forcing you to fight for a century. It's the best way to cultivate the spirit. I would have used it on myself, but unfortunately, it can only be used on people that is less than a hundred years in age. Otherwise, it would be completely ineffective." 

 

"I see. This kind of potion would be devastatingly powerful to anyone who consumed it. Although, a dream that lasts a century? Sir, we only have a month." 

 

"Don't worry, he'll wake up eventually." 

 

.....

 

A red, fiery landscape with molten lava and roaring flames. The soil was dry and the rocks were hot. Ashen clouds blocked the sky and draped over the land, trapping in more despairing heat. Black hills with no grass stood on the ground like giant walls. There was no wind, yet, the grey sand crawled on the ground and gathered into massive heaps. 

 

At the center of his desolate world was Yan Xiaolong. 

 

"Is this... my dream? This is the perfect environment for me to train in?" Yan Xiaolong walked around, trying his best to fan himself, but no cool air could comfort him from the feverish heat. The hot air stung his skin and parched his throat. "Geez, can it get any hotter? This is more like a nightmare than a dream." 

 

Although this was a dream world, he still had his immortal techniques and martial skills. In his right hand was the Sword of Wrath. In his left hand were the Dragon Soul Chains. He could also summon the Hell-Scorching Flame, but the last thing he needed right now was more heat. 

 

He continued to walk forward until he arrived at the top of a hill, staring at the vast expanse of burning land. Then, a booming voice rang in his ear, shaking the hill with its demonic fury. 

 

"How dare you trespass the Hell Dungeon, human! Prepare to die!" 

 

166