Chapter 8: Eve On The Wall
6.5k 19 170
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A howl in the distance made Yan Xiaolong turned his head. Roughly a hundred meters away was a blood-red bull, full of explosive muscles and with two horns that were as long as spears. His eyes met the bull’s pitch-black eyes, inciting the beast to charge toward him. 

 

Yan Xiaolong swallowed what ever spit he could muster and waited for the bull to come to him. “Hmph! All show and no tell. This is my dream! As if some big cow can just-”

 

With its mighty horns, the bull flung Yan Xiaolong across the hill, slamming his body into a sand heap that was a few hundred meters away. Coughing out some blood, he slowly stood him while catching his breath. “Sweet, merciful Buddha... what kind of dream is this? You... you can actually get hurt? I’m in... a nightmare.” 

 

The bull huffed and puffed, flexing its legs to prepare another charge; it pointed the horns downward to turn its prey into kebab. Yan Xiaolong could not move his body from the injuries he had receive so it he no choice but to stay inside the sand heap. Seeing the bull charge toward him, thousands of thoughts flashed inside his head. 

 

“Oi, guidebook, where the hell are you? Guidebook! Guidebook!!” No matter how many times he tried to summon the guidebook, nothing appeared. He wondered if it was because he was in a dream world that it did not allow him to use the guidebook. Unfortunately, time was falling like the sand behind him. The bull was much closer than before, roughly two hundred meters away. 

 

Suddenly, Yan Xiaolong sucked in a big mouthful of air and waited. The bull came closer and closer, moving roughly twenty meters per second. “Closer... closer... closer...” 

 

In matter of seconds, the bull was already sixty meters away from Yan Xiaolong. He only had time to act in three seconds. “Now!” 

 

He closed his eyes and blew hard, the Hell-Scorching Flame blazed forth with a wrath that could burn evil. The bull was caught in the surprise attack and backed away, but it was too late. The bull burned in crimson fury, dropping to the ground from weakened knees. 

 

While the bull suffered, Yan Xiaolong did his best to stand up. The bull was immobilized by Hell-Scorching Flame, but he limped to the side of the bull to avoid any surprise charges. Once he reached the side of the bull, Yan Xiaolong took the Sword of Wrath and impaled the dense flesh and thick skin. 

 

“Die! Die! Die!” Yan Xialong stabbed the bull with as much strength as he could muster, even coating the blade with the Hell-Scorching Flame. Not only was the bull roasting on the outside, it was also being roasted in the inside. At some point, the bull had died, its consciousness burned away. 

 

Yan Xiaolong released the sword from the bull. Blood splattered his clothes and the floor, quickly evaporating into a red mist. He dove into the bull and began siphoning the blood, letting it hydrate him. It was an act of desperation, but surprisingly, the blood tasted like fresh water rather than normal blood. 

 

He even carved out a piece of that bull’s crispy flesh and skin. “Oh? It’s well done.” 

 

......

 

“Day 2: I’ve found a cave that was located a few dozen meters from where I spawned. Although it can get a little warm, the cave is cooler than the outside. I’ve decided to use this cave as my base of operation, for now. I’ll use the walls of the cave to write down my messages. I’ve dragged the bull with me using the Dragon Soul Chains. On this second day, two bulls appeared before me and I killed them as well by using the same method. They cooked nicely, but I already have this bull so I’ll just dry roast the others.” 

 

......

 

“Day 7: I’ve confirmed that these bulls come in waves, each day they double in number from the previous wave. Once again, I have more meat to eat and blood to drink. Sleeping has become more difficult because of the heat, but apparently, night does happen here. Based on my observation, night only occurs for five hours. That’s when the temperature of the dream world drop to freezing level. Fortunately, I carved out the entire inside of the bull and used it as my makeshift bed. I was inspired by a movie where a man did that with a horse, but I can’t remember what it was. Ah, more bulls are here today.” 

 

......

 

“Day 10: Still more bulls. Nothing has really change. I just my flame to immobilize them and then practice my sword skills on them. It’s kind of boring now. How long did Zhong Yun said this dream will last? A hundred years? Crap, that’s a long time.” 

 

......

 

“Day 21: I haven’t written on the wall for a while. Yeah, life is kind of boring right now. I have food and shelter, but there’s really nothing fun in this dream world. Maybe I should explore the outside? I’ll think about it.” 

 

......

 

“Day 30: Something awesome happened today! A new mob had appeared! It was a still a bull, but it was at least twice the size of the other bulls. None of those lesser tier bulls are here today, so I guess this guy is like a mid-boss? He was definitely more delicious than the other bulls.” 

 

......

 

“Day 128: I decided to build a mud house. It’s a lot cooler than the cave. There’s no wind so I tamed some bulls to turn a giant fan for me. I found out that if you beat the bulls hard enough, they can actually shed tears. I found this out when I decided to beat them like a prisoner of war. The salt in the tears are pretty nice so I use that to further season my meat. The tears also really helps as a mouth wash. Overall, life is pretty good. I’m clean, healthy, and happy.” 

 

......

 

“Day 247: I’m bored again. I already tamed a few hundred bulls and built a couple dozen fans. I learned that the wind can not only be cooling, but can be used to cook. Dry roasting is also possible. Honestly, life is good. Yep. Good.” 

 

......

 

“Day 360: One of the mid-bosses can in and destroyed my house, bulls, and fans. I ripped his ass with my bare hands, but everything is gone. Everything I built up is gone. Gone! Disappeared like the wind. Ah, there’s no more wind.” 

 

......

 

“Day 384: I’ve built everything back again. This time, I made sure to train some my mobs to attack any of the guys that come over. I can easily annihilate those guys, but my men need to have blood of iron and veins of steels! Fuck this place! Fuck the rules! This are my babies! My children! I’m going to fuck shit up!” 

 

......

 

“Day 406: I am the only man in this dream world, but there is no god here. I'm lonely.” 

 

......

 

"Day 407: I'm not good a drawing, but I drew a girl on the wall today. I called her Eve because I want someone to be with me."

 

170