Chapter 39 – Changes
765 11 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 39Changes.

The room looked nicer than Crystal had expected. It was tidy, clean, with a single window overlooking the street. The curtains were thick, and a small table beside the bed had a basin of water and a cloth as well as some fresh flowers in a vase. There was no adjoining facilities like modern hotels, but they had passed a shared one in the hall (probably only a toilet given what she’d seen of the town last time she was here; having a bath would have to wait.) There was a large mirror on the wall, a small table and desk against the opposite wall, and a comfortable looking double bed in the middle of the room. She hadn’t thought to ask for a room with two beds, but then the innkeeper had said it was the last one. Crystal had no clue what she was going to do about that, and Rachael hadn’t made any comment. Not that she would mind sharing a bed, except that it made her blush and feel nervous at the thought.

Once the door was closed behind them the first thing that Crystal did was walk up to the mirror. She couldn’t help herself. She hadn’t seen herself at all since her transformation and to say that she was curious was an understatement.

Wow. Just wow.

That was her. Really her.

The gorgeous red haired girl staring back at her was her. She could still see some of her previous facial features present; she had indeed become the female version of herself. Her true self. Her real self. And the image in the mirror was definitely something else. Maybe it was vain to think so, but she was more than just a little bit attractive.

Stunning. Beautiful. Sexy. I don’t think you’ve used those ones yet, but they all do apply to you.’ Spectre sounded very sincere.

Crystal giggled.

It was still hard to believe, but it had totally happened, and the result was beyond her wildest dreams.

You like what you see?” Rachael asked with a seductive smile, coming up behind her and looking over her shoulder.

Crystal looked up at Rachael’s reflection in the mirror and smiled.

Totally.”

She reached up, touching her lips, her image in the mirror doing the same. The lips that had kissed Rachael. She felt herself blush a little. Her eyes were a fiery red now, not a natural colour at all, and yet she still liked them. They just worked with how she looked now. Same for the horns, which she reached up and touched, her body tingling. They were cute, the gold bands on them a nice touch too. Was it a bad thing that she liked them, just like she liked Rachael’s as well? They were a part of them now, for whatever reason, and she couldn’t imagine either of them without them now. She’d feel that something important was missing if they were. It did make looking after her hair a little more difficult, especially when some fell over the front of the horns, but on the other hand the look that it gave her was definitely something.

The armour fit her like it was meant for her too, and too her tastes too. Had it always had this form, or did it take one that was appropriate for the wearer. She definitely wasn’t complaining. The additional jewellery was a nice touch. The stone from the necklace that she had been given was still there, but the nature of the necklace itself had changed, the earrings complementing it.

She tried a few poses as Rachael stood watching with a smile, observing how the armour shifted with her. There was no mistaking that it was magical. And she did indeed look like a warrior princess now, Crystal recalling Rachael’s initial comment.


Rachael had Crystal sit on the edge of the bed while she pulled up the chair and sat facing her. The light streaming in through the window illuminated her face, and Crystal found herself staring at her. Rachael really was beautiful. Hot. Well, she’d always known that, but she’d never really had the chance to openly look at her like she was now. She’d always been someone else’s and Crystal had respected that. Now though, it was a different story. They hadn’t officially actually said anything, but it hadn’t been necessary. There was a deep bond between them, there since she’d awakened in this age, and their reunion had just cemented that. She was Rachael’s, and Rachael was hers.

Rachael’s features were fine, her skin smooth and soft. Thin dark eyebrows that accented her green eyes. Soft red lips that were a dream to kiss. The draconic horns that curved away and back from her forehead accenting her perfectly, giving her an aura of power and desirability. She would have loved to be sitting in her lap, leaning into her, arms around her, their horns touching. Rachael was well toned, her hoodie now unzipped and most of her front bare, the tank top revealing plenty of cleavage. Beautiful and powerful. Crystal felt her face heating up yet again, her horns tingling pleasantly as the rest of her body reacted in other ways as well. She squirmed a little. If she stared for too long...

You okay?” Rachael asked, bring Crystal’s wandering thoughts back into focus.

Yeah,” Crystal replied, face still very red, as she tried to compose herself. “So, magic.”

If Rachael had noticed what had just happened, she didn’t comment.

Yup. Magic. We’ll start with the basics, but I don’t think we’ll need to spend long there. You’ve used it instinctually at least twice that I am aware of, excluding calling your weapons, and Spectre is pulling on a little of it continually as well, so it will be flowing freely.”

From my experience, there are two main ways in which we use it. Internally or personally, and externally though the use of arrays, though there can be some overlap with those, like with the arrays on the back of your hand that came up when you used Clocky’s pistol. I also suspect that the overall rules for us have changed given the boost in power that we have been given, but I won’t know for sure till I experiment and or someone powerful is able to teach us. Or we have a good long chat with Arcane. At the least, you shouldn’t need the bullet array again? Perhaps it’ll fade? The other one though, from what I can tell, is more on the extreme end of complicated and its effect wouldn’t be manageable without the array. The ability to have arrays expand from storage like that or from the cat-foxes is certainly very useful and beats having to detail them by hand, which is painstakingly slow and taxing.

Anyways, most of my magic I have always used without arrays, internalizing the process. I can read and understand basic arrays, as that was what I was taught, and that was what most Priestesses used. But given that I was more powerful than them, I quickly discovered that I did not need them in most cases. I suspect with personally applied ones like the bullet one it would speed up the process of execution, or amplify it’s power significantly, especially if you aren’t that used to using it, so perhaps it may still have a use after all, if you do get a gun. Though if you do get a gun you’ll probably need a holster for it?”

Crystal nodded. “I think the call and dismiss things is unique to Warrior’s armaments.”

So, first is getting a feel for it. I want you to concentrate on the feel of magic within you. Feel it’s flow, it’s potential. It’s power. Then try pulling some out it out into your hand, like this.”

A small ball of glowing energy formed in Rachael’s hand, just as bright as the light streaming in through the window. Crystal could feel the power emanating from it, Rachael was holding it back, keeping it in check. She then let the magic slowly dissipate.

It’s one of the natural states of our magic. I know my description of how to do it is vague, deliberately so, but as I said, you’ve already used it, and I have confidence in you. You’ll need to get a good feel for your magic as a foundation for all other applications of it.”

Crystal closed her eyes, to help with the concentration, otherwise she knew she’d be more distracted than she already was, and tried to get a feel for the magic flowing within her. She knew it was there, she could feel it all the time now since becoming complete, but that was a different kind of feel than what she was certain that Rachael was asking of her. What was it that they always said? Be one with your body. She calmed herself, trying to search deep within, be one with herself, with her magic.

She could feel the ebbs and flows get stronger, more defined. There was no source, it was just there, unlimited but contained. The magic had warmth, like the rays of the sun, comforting and pure. It had potential, shifting in and out of infinite forms continuously. And it had power, raw, uncontained might. There was something else there too, something primal. Another aspect of her, familiar yet new. She could feel Rachael, her presence strong and true, the bond more prominent now that it had ever been. She could sense Spectre, its mind querying her in response. She could also sense the other presence lurking in the background. Warrior.

Crystal just sat like that for a while, getting used to the sensation. It was nice.

Then it was time for the next part. Eyes still closed, she cupped her hand out in front of her. How did you get your magic to actually do something though? Every other time that it had happened it had been by accident or instinct, and she didn’t have any idea at all of what exactly had gone on then. Did you pull it, coax it, summon it, nudge it, or just even try and will it into being. She tried them all, as much as one could with your mind, trying to get a feel for how it reacted.

Then she felt the magic move, rushing towards her hand like the flood gates had been opened, a sudden surge of power. The room was lit up in a bright flash, seeable even through her closed eyes. Panicking, she tried to stop the flow, and almost instantly it ceased, the sensation gone.

Ow.”

Crystal opened her eyes to find Rachael blinking, and rubbing her own eyes.

Looks like you managed it,” Rachael said with a comforting smile, as Crystal looked worriedly at her. “You did well.”

Now you just need to work on your control. Regulate it. Determine how much, how long, its form and where it manifests. Once you are comfortable with that, then we can move on to more practical uses, such as reinforcement.”

Reinforcement?”

Using the magic to enhance your body. Makes you stronger, faster, resilient to damage and so on. Like a superhero. No laser eyes or crazy regeneration though. It’s one of the easier application of magic, as least for me it was. Our bodies already feel much more powerful than they were before we became complete, and to be honest I have no idea if that is normal or not, but this takes it beyond that. Exactly how much beyond is dependant on both our bodies and the amount of magic we use, and I’m curious to find out the true extent of what we can manage. Control is important for it, as you will maintain it instinctually, without concentration. As a passive per se.

You’ve used it a lot?”

Quite a bit. Back in our day mostly for fights or training. Since awakening both for combat, and also so that I could run all day without issue. However, I haven’t used it since we became complete, so I’m not sure of its full extent now. The limit that I originally had is only a small fraction of what we could manage now.”

Crystal could sense Rachael’s magic as she called it to herself, her body glowing ever so slightly.

Huh. It didn’t do that before,” Rachael commented as she look at her hands, turning them over. “I’m reinforcing to about the same level as I used to use. It really is just a drop in the bucket.”

Rachael then dropped the magic, the glow fading.

Keep practising until daylight starts to fade, or dinner arrives. It’ll be too obvious after that. Once you have some control over its intensity I’ll help with the calling of magic while distracted,Rachael said with a grin.

Crystal nodded. There was going to be quite a bit of work involved, but she was excited by the prospect of being able to use magic. She was curious what she’d be able to do with it.

All sorts of things I’m sure.’ True, but still not the most useful comment.


While it is just the foundational aspects, your picking it up really well. And fast.

Thanks,” Crystal murmured, feeling a little embarrassed.

The arrival of food had put an end to the training for the day. The sun was nearing the horizon, and by the time they had finished their food, a plate each of potatoes and some stew, edible but not much more than that, it’d be too dim outside. She could call the magic forth easily enough now, but she was still having issues controlling how much power she was using (fortunately only a small portion apparently, according to both Rachael and Spectre) and she still had to concentrate to maintain the glow in her hand. She couldn’t yet form a ball of the energy like Rachael had, rather it just seemed to coalesce around her hand instead.

And Rachael seemed to be having a little too much fun testing (and usually breaking) her concentration as she brought forth her magic. Flicks, prods, sudden noises, and even the occasional kiss. She certainly enjoyed the latter, though her magic always went wild as a result. Crystal could see the point in being able to instinctually call her magic. It’d be no good in a fight otherwise. Of course Rachael had a lifetime of practice ahead of her, but she was determined to work on it. At the least, she’d be able to do so on their ride to the site the following day.

Once the food was consumed, and the plates left on the small table in the hallway, Crystal’s thoughts returned to the situation at hand, and she suddenly felt rather nervous.

Rachael pulled the curtains of the room, then created a soft glowing light and let it float near the ceiling. Unless you knew what it actually was, it would have been easy to mistake for the glow of a lamp.

We should probably get an early night,” Rachael stated, watching as Crystal brought out the hairbrush from her satchel and started to brush her hair.

Yeah...” Crystal was starting to feel exhausted. Training with magic was more taxing than she had realized. “We’re going to have to share the bed...”

What, you don’t want to?” There was a playful smile on her face.

No, no, I don’t mind,” Crystal managed, flustered, and dropping her hairbrush. “I’d love to share the same bed as you... always... It’s just that I’ve never done that before...”

I won’t do anything to you,” Rachael stated, still with the playful smile, “unless you want me to of course.”

Crystal went very red, all sorts of things warring across her mind.

I don’t have anything to sleep in,” she finally managed to say, failing at anything better.

Just sleep in your underwear then, like you usually do,” Rachael replied. Wait, how did she know that?

I don’t have any,” Crystal quietly mumbled bashfully.

Really?” Rachael let out a soft laugh. “Naked it is then. We’ll need to fix that though. Magical armour or not, you should have some underwear.”

Okay...”

Don’t worry, I won’t look. You can hop into bed first.”

Crystal picked up her hairbrush, putting it back in the satchel, and then waited as Rachael turned to face the door. She then stood up, and dismissed the armour. That use of magic seemed to come naturally, and she wasn’t quite sure why, but she wasn’t complaining. She was however now naked. Crystal sneaked a glance over at the mirror, but she wasn’t in the right position to see herself. Another time.

She stood their for a moment, bathed in the soft light of Rachael’s magic, undecided, and then took a couple of steps forward. They were a thing, right. She wanted to show Rachael her body, have her appreciate her, perhaps even more, but at the same time she also felt nervous. She was just too new to all of this. Sure, she’d dreamed of such things, but sometimes reality is a little more difficult. She started to take another step forward, then turned, and rushed back to the bed, squirrelling under the sheets. The bed was surprisingly nice and comfortable. She closed her eyes, facing away from Rachael.

Alright, I’m in,” she finally said.

Crystal listened as Rachael turned and walked over to the bed, then proceeding to take her shoes off, followed by her clothes. There was a brief draft as Rachael lifted up the blankets and sheets top hop into bed, the light then going out as Rachael dismissed the magic.

You okay?” Rachael asked.

Yeah.” She was feeling all kinds of emotions, her heart racing, but all things considered, yes she was okay.

Then suddenly she could feel Rachael’s body up against, spooning her. Her breath caught for a minute, as Rachael draped an arm over her, pulling her closer to her, before she let it out. Why was she being so nervous about it all. It was kinda nice, really nice actually, having her there. She felt a sense of comfort and security, and it was something that she wanted. Rachael was warm, her arm reinforcing their bond. She was also mostly naked, skin against skin, and Crystal could feel Rachael’s breasts pressed up against her back.

Is this alright?” Rachael whispered to her.

It was more than alright actually.

Mmm... yup...” Crystal managed, feeling herself blush furiously again. At least it was too dark for Rachael to notice. She closed her eyes, thinking of Rachael as she quickly fell asleep. Given everything that she was feeling, she hadn’t thought that she would.


Dawn had only just broken as Crystal woke up, small streaks of light poking through the curtain a stark contrast to the dull ambiance of the room. Rachael was still asleep and cuddling up against her, one of Rachael’s legs also now draped across her as well as her. Crystal felt a deep sense of happiness and contentment, that they were together and that she was with her, right there. Not to mention that her skin felt smooth, and she smelled nice. Odd given the last few days, but perhaps she had some magic for that. Crystal put her arm over Rachael’s, intertwining their fingers before she then pulled it up against her chest holding it there. She felt a twinge of excitement, and of longing, the words that they had spoken upon their reunion echoing through her mind.

Releasing Rachael’s arm, Crystal carefully rotated herself around, till she was facing Rachael, leg and arm still draped over her. She looked so beautiful and innocent as she slept. She reached out her hand, giving Rachael's horn a gentle stroke before she planted a quick kiss on Rachael’s cheek, being careful to make sure that their horns didn’t touch, at least not at this point in time. She was hers, she really was. Part of her still didn’t quite believe it, even though she knew that it was true. The horns still confused her a little too. They were definitely a part of them both now, an attractive part at that. But why, and what did that make them. Were they even human any longer.

Rachael’s eyelids flicked open, her emerald green eyes staring intently at her, a warm smile on her lips.

Morning beautiful.”

It meant so much to her, hearing Rachael say that.

You’re one to talk,” Crystal replied after a moment, running her finger gently along Rachael’s cheek. “You’re more than beautiful. More like absolutely radiant.”

Rachael giggled, planting a kiss on Crystal’s forehead.

If we keep that up, it’ll be more than just morning greetings.”

I... wouldn’t mind that...” Crystal mumbled quietly.

Rachael’s eyes sparkled, and she pulled Crystal in to her, pressing their bodies against each other, planting her lips on Crystal’s, their horns touching and sensations flowing through her as Rachael’s hand caressed her body. Desires lit in her, her body aching and yearning for Rachael’s. Crystal snuggled in deeper, Rachael’s leg wrapped over hers, her hand tracing gentle lines down Rachael’s back as she returned the kiss passionately. There was no way she was going to let this moment pass by.

Rachael gently pushed Crystal over on to her back, straddling her as she then sat up and looked down at her, the sweetest smile on her seductive lips. The sheets slid back as Rachael gently ran her fingers down Crystal’s arms, small glowing lights popping into existence, dancing around the room. Her touch was so nice, so gentle. Sensual. Crystal reached up, running her hands down along Rachael’s side. She was so beautiful, her skin soft and smooth, her body alluring. This was the first time she’d seen her naked, and she blushed heavily at the realisation. Last night everything had been hidden, now they were both on full display, and proud of it. She wanted her, needed her, to be one with her. Not to mention that Rachael was also definitely taking her in.

You like what you see?” Crystal asked.

Totally, and you’re all mine.That smile of Rachael’s was totally melting her heart.

The morning was still so very young.

And so Crystal begins her training in magic (and perhaps other things as well ^^)

Thanks for reading. Comments always welcome.

Next chapter (40 - That Again) will be out later in the week.

39