Chapter 6: Affinity
22.5k 54 421
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the visit, I pestered my mum to give me a crash-course on basic chakra-control like we agreed on.

I thought it would take me longer, but the basic principles are pretty easy so I can now feel my chakra and concentrate it on specific locations albeit slowly and clunky.

So now I'm at a park looking at the Chakra Induction Paper while a certain girl with two Chinese-style buns was running in circles.

This is the moment that decides my future path.

I grin while I'm imagining myself using water-guns, breathing out fireballs, or go ultra speed with thunder around my body.

Honestly, I'm fine with every chakra affinity as long as it isn't earth or wind.

Wind is only useful If you have something like a Rasengan, and even though I know the basic principles of it, developing a budget Rasengan would be hard.

 Just look at Naruto.

He used for a long time shadow clones to help him form those.

So I don't know how I can get strong fast with a wind affinity.

And earth...yeah let's not even mention it.

So this is the moment.

I slowly concentrate chakra into my left hand and then move it towards the paper on my hand.

Please no wind or earth, please no wind or earth...

 

The paper split in two...

AHHHHHHHH

Everything went black in front of my eyes.

 

While Tenten ran laps, she recalled the conversation she had with Eiji when she stopped running a while ago.

"Huff, huff...I ran now four laps, now teach me techniques or something!"

"I already told you that I don't know much about fighting either and that I cant teach you much. But if you want to get stronger the easiest and most straightforward way is to just get physically fit."

"But I don't feel like running will make me stronger..."

"Well that's because it doesn't and I just wanted to see you suffer."

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH YOU EVIL!!!.."

"Jo calm down it was just a joke. Anyway let me explain how it will make you stronger: First of all no matter how powerful your techniques are if you run out of steam then you are basically useless. Secondly, it enhances your brainpower. With constant stamina training, your body will be able to distribute oxygen more efficiently which is especially useful for the brain. When the brain has a larger amount of oxygen the benefits will be - well there are way too many to list them all."

"You know what? Sometimes you don't talk like a child..."

"Well...anyway did my explanation convince you"?

"I guess..."

"Good then keep running"

So she started running again.

 

After a few more laps she felt like she was dying and stopped.

"Huff, huff, Eiji huff, I'm done huff, I cant continue huff...Eiji?"

After catching some breath she looked at Eiji.

He looked like he was in a semi-unconscious state and kept repeating the same line "Existence is pain...everything is pain..." over and over again.

Sometimes he is really odd - she thought.

"Hey Eiji, wake up!"

"Waking up is pain...existence is pain..."

"Please stop, you are scaring me...if you don't stop I will rub my snot on you!"

"WHAT THE FU...hey what happened. Why did you threaten me with your snot?"

He somehow managed to get up.

"What happened? I should be the one asking you the question. I'm done with running and wanted to ask you what I should do next, but you were laying on the grass and murmured some creepy stuff."

After hearing that, he looked at his left hand, and then his expression turned expressionless like some who had given up on life.

"Oh right, it is wind...wind...I hope the wind will take me somewhere far off...wind..."

"NO, GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF! DON'T FALL BACK INTO THIS CREEPY STATE!"

"...yeah you are right. I must accept the reality that I'm a mob without cheats and have the worst kind of luck possible..."

"What weird things are you saying again? Anyway, what should I do now after running?"

"Hmm? Running? Oh, right let's call it for today. Overexercising isn't helpful. And I need to look for a rope anyway..."

"A rope?"

"Nothing... let's meet here tomorrow at the same time?"

"Alright..."

Hey, it's me. Do you guys know better ways to express breathlessness than huff? I couldn't think of something better right now, but if I find something I will change it.

On another note thanks for all the support, it really makes my day

 

 

 

 

 

421