Master
7.4k 13 133
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It looks like my time here is going to be over soon. Good, I think… As much as I’d like to ignore it, she looked very sad about being unable to convince me to stay. Honestly though, what was she thinking, taking some random guy from a different world just to be friends with them? I got a life too, you know.

Sure it wasn’t anything special, and pretty much everyone wouldn’t notice if I disappeared. Now that I think about it, I wonder if anyone’s found out that I’m missing yet?

To think that I was so excited for the prospect of adventure, at least that would’ve kept my spirits about the situation up. Then again, I’m sure plenty of people would go back to their home world if given the chance, and that’s gonna be the opportunity I’m taking in the morning.

Well, my mind’s made up. Nothing should be able to change it now, but there is something that I need to take care of before I head to bed.

That would be the bathroom, I haven’t the chance to go since I got here. Embarrassingly, as a man my age, I rushed over to the nearest bathroom holding myself. Why’d she have to take me to so many places, doesn’t she realize I’m still a human with needs?

Just as my luck would have it. She happened to be there as well, thankfully having just used it and not still using it. We almost ran into each other, but I was able to stop and make myself look not like an idiot in front of her.

For a moment, we looked at each other. Saffron wasn’t wearing her usual regal attire, instead it was a nightgown in the expected colors. That seemed to be the color scheme she liked best, I guess. Also, I caught a look at her face, which she was trying to keep me from seeing. It was clear that she had been sobbing her eyes out before I came running along.

However, I can’t ask her about that right now. Right now, I gotta go empty this bladder before it empties itself in my pants…

Whew, that’s much better. Now I can get to bed… Is what I should be doing, but honestly, it’s not easy to sleep with that image of her crying face on my mind.

What’s wrong with me? Is some cute girl crying really enough to get me to change my mind? Actually, she is really cute… No stop, I can’t think like that.

I sigh, I guess there’s nothing wrong with checking up on her. After all, we won’t be seeing each other after this weird experience. So I walk to her room instead, carefully opening the door in order to not scare her. The only sounds I hear are her soft sniffles as she’s lying in bed.

Compared to my room, hers is a lot better. For starters, it’s much larger than what I’ve got, and mine’s is far from small. Along with that, the designs and craft work seem to have had more care put into them. Plus she also has a table in the middle of the room lined with teacups.

She seems rather fragile in this state, and she hasn’t heard me come in, so I don’t want to shock her. Slowly, I get closer to her, where she’s laying atop her big bed that’s much larger than her tiny frame. That’s when I see that she’s holding onto to something.

It looks like a photo frame. I can see her in it, with a pretty beautiful smile. Next to her, is that… Me?

“Is that me?” I asked out loud. Something I’m already regretting doing, as she lets out a small puppy like yelp. Fumbling with it for a bit, she lay over the top of it to keep me from seeing it.

“When... When did you get in here?” She asks, obviously very flustered over being caught like this. On the bright side, at least she hasn’t call me a pervert or something.

“I just wanted to say I was sorry for yelling at you.” It’s the truth, even if it’s not the main reason I’m here. Plus, now that I’ve seen that picture, it’s definitely not the reason I’m staying to talk to her more. “But, could I ask about that photo?” I point to it, which causes her to hold onto it more tightly.

“You want to know why you’re in it, right?” I nod in response, but there’s no way that’s me, right? I’ve only been here for a day, and I know for a fact that I never did anything of the sort with her. “It’s master.”

“Who?” Did she say master? Was she a slave to this guy?

“Master took care of me, he helped me get away from a very bad life.” She explained that at one point, she was help captive by people. No reason was given to me, but it hardly mattered. It certainly wasn’t good for her.

Anyway, this guy found and saved her. I’ll leave out the more… gory parts. It was after that, they two journeyed around the world together, and he even built this building we were in. Sounded like they had a lot of fun together.

Sadly though, that fun ended when a harsh illness took over his body. That man died 20 years ago, leaving her all alone in the world. From the looks of it, she certainly continued to do plenty of things after his death. The whole, killing the demon lord being on the top of that list.

When she finished telling me that story. It was clear that talking about it brought back some sad memories for her. Tears were flowing down her cheeks, so I sat besides her on the bed and wiped them away.

“I’m so sorry.” She recoiled from my attempt. “You shouldn’t have to do that.” Personally, I’m pretty content with doing it. Guess you could say that I can’t really just leave a girl crying like this.

“So I wasn’t a random summoning?” I asked. It’s not a secret that I look like the guy. Though, if I was giving advice, I would say that she shouldn’t try to replace someone close to her life with someone that looks the part.

“Yes.” She wiped away the tears herself. It looks like she’s gotten over her sorrow a little bit. I’m glad, but the next thing she says almost made me fall off the bed. “It’s because you’re his reincarnation.”

“What?” That’s absurd. Okay, I know I’m a guy that just got sent to a different world, but there’s still limits to what I can believe. For starters, her master lived and died here, why would his soul transfer to my world? Then again, I have read fictional stories of that happening. Sure it wasn’t real life, but I used to think this other world business was just that as well.

Fine, but even if it was possibly, how would she know that? There’s literally billions of people just from where I’m from. Add onto how many people live on her world, plus any other worlds that might exist. How could she zero in on one guy like me?

“You have to be.” She grabbed onto my hands, really intent of proving it. “First, you both have the same name.” That could’ve been just coincidence, but it wasn’t the only piece of evidence. Another fact is that he died 20 years ago, and I do happen to be 20. “it’s too bad that you didn’t seem to be in love with the food you ate.” It turned out to be his favorite, which explains why she made me get it. It might also explain why I absolutely was in love with it.

“I-I don’t know.” Really this talk seemed crazy, but it did explain some of the things she did. That including the summoning, which seemed pretty difficult for her to perform.

Even if I was the reincarnation of her master, it doesn’t seem to matter all that much. I have no memories of my past lives, so you could say that I’m a completely different person.

“Please, let me prove it to you.” She was adamant over this. If you asked me, I don’t think that being this guy’s reincarnation meant I was going to stay. However, it does make me feel a little more bad for her. In her mind, she thought that she was going to be getting back someone she cared deeply about. Now that person was saying that he was going to be abandoning her.

For the first time since I got here, I really didn’t know what to do. The more we talked, the more her hopes got up. If I left tomorrow, she was going to be heartbroken. But should I really stay? It just doesn’t seem right to me, to leave what little I had back home. At least those things were stuff I earned on my own.

“I’ll stay…” There’s only one thing that I can possibly think of. “But when we see that I’m not his reincarnation, you send me back.”

And so my time here has been extended, just by a little bit.

133