Chapter 16
3.5k 15 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"Irrkh!" (E)

 

I feel extremely strained when this new day starts.

 

<Waking up is hard!> (E)

<But you managed great, my princess!> (S)

<Crirk, skriuk!/Suki? Managed? Don't tell me...> (E)

<Yes, another very productive session. Thirty-one! You are getting better and better.> (S)

<Are they getting more?> (E)

 

This makes me really anxious.
I fear that the amount that comes will increase and I more and more turn into an egg-laying machine.

 

<That might be. You probably loosened a little down there and got the hang on it. Those before were just to get started and now you aren't adjusting anymore so that you are doing better.> (S)

 

This... is disturbing.
It implies that I truly have now permanently to lay more.
On the other hand, it implies that I settled down on this amount and don't have to fear a further increase.
This is if I am now completely adjusted.
Yet, it feels still so wrong to me.
This means, in terms of getting used to it there is some space.
So... I shouldn't get used to it, to keep my load low.

 

I get up and Suki starts something like a morning cleaning.
It isn't unpleasant, since she is very attentive and does it in a soft, massaging way.
Do nobles feel like that with their maids?

 

<Where is Kyska?> (E)

<She is running some errands to fulfill your last wishes and looks for your brood, to make sure they are developing right.> (S)

 

It really feels strange to call them my brood.
I don't feel connected at all.
It is just so distant that such creatures shall originate from me.
Yet, Liseti didn't seem to care that much for them as well.
So maybe this is normal?
Not having any motherly feels?

I wouldn't even know how to handle them as huge they already are piling up!
Around two-hundred now?
And they all are insects!

And I am considered one too it seems.

 

<You both said they are normal workers. So I really turned completely into an insect, right?> (E)

<I thought that was already a given? If not for your outer shape you are like any other princess. You have the same abilities, the same flesh, and even the same scent. I really wouldn't know how to see you as something else.> (S)

<It's just... hard to come to terms with. That what my mother gave birth to got changed this easily. It's kind of hard that your species can get changed just like this and that I even give birth to them somehow.> (E)

<Ehk? By no means it was easy, my princess. I doubt anyone but the queen could have done something like this. Certainly not on a whim. The process to create a princess requires immense effort. Maybe there was something unique to you that supported her decision. To think your "family" lived this close to the hive for so long. Maybe the scent of the land? For sure you aren't ordinary.> (S)

<Thank you, Suki. I guess. But the point of how unlikely it was to happen and how important the one who did it was, is not helping that much to deal with it.> (E)

<But you are doing great! I can just think of you as my princess.> (S)

<Thank you, I guess.> (E)

 

I settle down and Suki brings some kind of breakfast of the usual contents.
I miss some variety in my diet.
This might even be the kind of thing my family could help me with.
I give them some goods I can get here and they grant me a part of their harvest in exchange.
Like this, it would feel less like some dependency from me and more like a mutual relationship.
As long it doesn't end up as some kind of sacrificial cult to calm "those below".
I'm just making things up, yet all things considered, it isn't too farfetched.

 

After a while, Kyska finally returns.

 

<Kyska. Where were you?> (E)

<I tried to fulfill your wishes. I sent out some hunters to the surface to find meat you are used to. Also, I let workers there gather rests from the burned fields, wood, and all that remains from your old habitation. Yet, we still have to find any means to ignite a fire.> (K)

<I just remembered another way to start it. You use a stick, wood, and the dry starter material and rotate the stick on it. The resulting heat will ignite it. But this is not really appliable, as you need to be incredibly nimble, fast, and steady to make it happen. I wouldn't be able to do it.> (E)

<Is that all?> (K)

<Yes it is. Why?> (E)

<Princess. You have vast living resources and some of them are very proficient in the usage of their bodies. I believe I could do it. And right now the necessary resources are brought.> (K)

 

Well, that is some confidence.
If she wants to I'll let her.
And I will try myself too.
At least this will keep me occupied down here.
Still, I'm a bit worried about the hunters running free on the surface.
That sounds like the recipe for disaster.

 

<Will it be okay to let so many go to the surface?> (E)

<They were given orders order to return immediately should it come to any human contact.> (K)

 

That sounds a bit more assuring if only a bit as I don't completely trust the ability of hunters to assess a situation.
However, as none of these things are here, I am getting a bit bored.
This is until...

 

<Princess Erys! I am here on behalf of princess Liseti! She wishes that I guide you to our destination.> (?)

 

Like this, it suddenly yells from the courtyard.

 

<Who is this?> (E)

<It seems princess Liseti sent a messenger to bring you. They are commonly used to deliver orders, especially within the hives, as their proficiency lies in flying. You should accompany it or she might be displeased.> (K)

 

It's not like I need to be here for now, but just following an ominous character is somehow a problem.

 

<Is it safe to follow that... person?> (E)

<What could possibly happen? No member of the swarm can hurt a princess. Even if directly ordered by their creator it isn't possible to just overcome this. You are absolutely safe my princess.> (S)

 

Okay, it seems I have to go.
So I venture out and see this messenger.
It is one of these winged escorts I've seen her following last time.
It looks rather sturdy and battle-proven.
There are even some scars on the carapace.
The upper claws are ending sharp and the arms have some kind of blades at the sides.
It seems messengers have here to be quite tough.

 

<I offer my princess' greetings, princess Erys.> (messenger)

<Ehk!/M-maybe we go then?> (E)

<Sure, my princess.> (messenger)

 

So he guides us out of the courtyard.
Kyska accompanies me while Suki stays at my place.
Again an escort forms kind of automatic behind me.
This messenger has a fast pace and always gives an impression as if he would inconveniently have to wait for me.

 

<Kyska, why is a messenger built so sturdy? He looks like he is far too ready for a fight.> (E)

<Because, my princess, messenger is only part of the role we pursue. The other one is interceptor. If a threat is encountered within the hive we will be dispatched as a high mobility force to subdue it. Also, we act to deliver messages during fights to coordinate the forces. This requires the ability to fight. Only in the tunnels, our ability to fly is of little use.> (messenger)

 

God, has this insect good ears.
It leads us to a cliff.

 

<We can directly fly from here on to our destination.> (messenger)

<Screak!/The princess cannot fly yet!> (K)

<How unfortunate. Then we can only take the junction above.> (messenger)

 

Making me fly like this!?
Is he sane?
This decent is stupidly deep.
I can barely lift from the ground without losing control.
And this is an overstatement.

 

We are heading to the higher floors and in the end, traverse a bridge to the pillar in the middle.

 

<We are close. This is one of the central facilities. The chamber of knowledge.>

 

It really sounds fantastic.
Such a place built by these creatures.
With the sole purpose to amass knowledge.
It is proof that they have a culture and are more than just primitive insects.
Yet when I arrive there is nothing remarkable about it.
This is just one of those structures made of earth, completely coated in this strange insect applicant which makes it harder and enables them to build these vast structures.

 

<We should enter.> (messenger)

 

This insect urges us and we go in there.
Inside I am first in a great hall.
While the color is the same as all the other built things it has in its domed shape some kind of atmosphere.
The moment I enter, I notice an insect to the side which looks, unlike all the others I have seen until now.
It features eight appendages, doesn't look sturdy, and while its build is bulky the upper claws look tender, rather soft, and overall it makes no dangerous impression.
If anything it looks weird.
Like being too big to carry itself.

Also, the head seems a bit too large in comparison to these skinny arms.

 

<Ah, princess Erys. How honoring to see you approaching our halls.> (weird insect)

<Ehk!/Y-you know me?> (E)

<Naturally. We already started your record the moment your metamorphosis started.> (creepy insect)

<M-my metamorphosis? You mean when I was stung?> (E)

<Precisely! As soon the queen induced the transformation your condition was relayed. I myself was in charge of your examination.> (disturbing insect)

<Examination? What kind of examination?> (E)

<To conclude if your development was a success. It was a joyous fortune when the analysis of your body showed that the queen's genomes could unhindered settle down in your body and overcome its old structure, changing the inner composition without causing the destruction of the system. As soon my examination showed that you were building out the significant features I immediately relayed your status as that of a princess. So you could be brought to your quarters and be attended appropriately.> (scary insect)

<You did that? When? Wait! When I was fixated! You mean back then, right?> (E)

<Naturally. We had first to verify if it would even work. For some reason your body was compatible and your system was already in a special condition where it released great amounts of chemicals in your body to put some kind of maturing process into motion. This flow had just to be adjusted and together with your natural compatibility, the changes could solidify.> (frightening insect)

 

I don't know anymore what I can say.
I am completely appalled how this creature is able to speak in such an objective way about something like this.
About how my humanity was completely peeled away from me.

 

<My princess. If you have no more questions you should leave the scholar and meet with princess Liseti.> (messenger)

 

He is right.
So this was a scholar.
One of the knowledgeable in this hive, who exist to oversee the gathered information to assist a princess if the need would arise, according to Kyska's explanation.

I move further inside.
Eventually, I find Liseti in a rather large room, filled with many for me not identifiable objects, pots, plates, and such.

 

<Ah, greetings Erys! Did Skiras lead you well? He is very proficient in fulfilling his tasks. Messengers tend to be more efficient in executing the received orders, due to their greater intelligence.> (L)

<Well, he wanted to let me jump down a cliff.> (E)

<Ehk? It seems he misinterpreted that I described you as a princess. The last princess hatched many cycles ago, so he didn't know that you lack experience. He should learn about you. After all, he is now yours.> (L)

<Excuse me?> (E)

<Didn't he tell you that? It is strange that a princess has no messengers to convey her will. Your nurse did all this for you until now, yet this is not her supposed role. For your errands, you should have a messenger, as they are faster and stronger to keep up.> (L)

<It is normal to gift a living being just like this?> (E)

<In this case? Yes! Every drone is used so it fulfills its role in the most efficient way. This is for the best.> (L)

 

I can see her point and it might be beneficial to have a little help.

 

<And by the way, you've got fifty more from me! I naturally hold a reserve to keep track of everything.> (L)

<Fifty!?> (E)

 

Is she for real?
Just giving me fifty soldiers for my use?
Fifty-one that is, with Skiras.
Okay, I've got all these workers and nurses before to build my home.
But that they are distributed like this?

 

<I thought you wanted to the surface? There are my flying ones of greater use. This is the ideal environment for interceptors.> (L)

 

She is right.
This is better.
Kyska would never let me out without an escort.
And I can't really walk through the streets with an envelope of workers and guardians.
This is basically screaming bloodshed.

 

<But this isn't the reason why I called you here. I wanted to show you something.> (L)

 

She leads me in this spacious room to something like a giant table with something on it.
And this looks... strange.
It is a strange structure.

Gigantic!

A mass of extending hardened branches in all directions, some accumulations, and elongating lines spreading everywhere, filling a large part of the room.
Maybe some strange piece of art?

 

<This is our world.> (L)

<This?> (E)

<All the tunnels, the hives, the grand natural openings within the system our swarm inhabits. This is all shown here. And this...> (L)

 

She points at the highest point of this thing.

 

<This is the place where you were found. I have to say, depicting the surface will become difficult.> (L)

<Wait! Does this mean you only dug at this one place this high? Your species never before tried to get higher?> (E)

<There are some factors playing in. For once that we are now around the depth, which supports the swarm during the whole cycle the best with constant beneficial thermal conditions. Especially for the mycelium. Why dwell elsewhere? In addition, it came that a time of conflict ended some time ago. A war between queens, where ours emerged victoriously. So all the attention was focused differently before. And now our numbers here in the main hive did rise so that we are going to expand again. Naturally, this includes upwards.> (L)

 

It's understandable.
It just got cramped here, yet ultimately they only need the underground to survive.

 

<And if I'm right, this must be close to the town we want to visit.> (L)

 

She points at another branch on the top, a bit away from the last one.

Wait!

We?

 

<You are going to come with me!?> (E)

<Naturally! Our purpose is to establish contact, in a way that the system remains stable. It is only a matter of time until your old species becomes aware of us and I want this to happen on my terms.> (L)

 

This isn't the worst idea.
Hysteria is a trait that comes if people can too long make their own conclusions and gather so that they drive each other into a frenzy.

 

<But do you really think you can convince them?> (E)

<Since you said that they don't follow a common will, the best might be to step in and negotiate with a selected few. Like this, we offer only to a limited number some decisive benefits. This way they will rather want to act the way that benefits them the most instead of gathering together and trying to find a common route against us.> (L)

 

She is really a schemer, even if she doesn't lie.

 

<You are fairly knowledgeable about this.> (E)

<That was a common tactic during the swarm wars! Two swarms bond together to overcome a stronger one or they were actively hindered to do so, by giving one of them what they want. There are many possibilities and in time you will learn! This is what age brings.> (L)

<You, say... how old are you?> (E)

<Fairly young. Only six-hundred-fourteen cycles.> (L)

 

Over six-hundred years?!

 

<This... this is much.> (E)

<And you?> (L)

<I-I think we have the same time count in terms of cycles. Like this... seventeen, but soon I'll turn eighteen> (E)

 

She blinks.
Second eyelids.
This might be the first time I see her surprised.

 

<That it was this young.> (L)

<I am not even very young for a human, maybe a little.> (E)

 

I would have liked to whisper that last part but with those pheromones, it wouldn't matter.

 

<But for a princess you are. So we have to take precautions so you won't die.> (L)

<Precautions? What kind of precautions?> (E)

<What you have planned and especially the inevitable interactions are full of risks. There is no way to let a princess go without taking security measures and we have to make sure there is an appropriate structure to support the same. And to make sure someone as young as you will do fine, I decided to build a base there. A larger outpost.> (L)

 

She points a little below the branch at a little accumulation which represents open space.

 

<A whole base just for that? Why?> (E)

<Because we can't delay laying indefinitely. Like this, we can stay active. In the first place, I want to have a standing presence close to that town. Storages, quarters, fast routes to the hive that all will become necessary.> (L)

<But just to confirm, you aren't planning a war?> (E)

<Not if they are not hostile, yet if they chose a military approach I want to be prepared.> (L)

<Then please be at least careful not to provoke them on your side.> (E)

<Naturally. I am very courteous.> (L)

 

Says the one whose blades inspire "terror" in its targets.

 

<And if this isn't enough then I have this for you to confirm our policy.> (L)

 

She hands me some kind of earthen plates she had close to this table.
They are folded together in the middle and sealed with a minuscule amount of the applicant.

 

<What is this?> (E)

<History! Make sure you take a deep breath> (L)

 

I open the plates and notice that there are rough depictions.
Not unskilled, yet also no outrageous pieces of art.
They show those insects, all variants.
Many of them.
And on some, they fight.

 

I ask myself what she meant with breathing in, but then some scent is drifting in my nose.
The next moment, the pictures seem to shift, move and the already cryptic visible story becomes vivid.
I see gatherings, dispute, creatures like the queen I've only seen once.
They separate and each of them assembles to different places in the great underground system.
Each creating their own kingdom, shown in a simple depiction of this formerly seen world map.

Yet soon their numbers grow and they want more than the already inhabited land, or rather underworld.
As digging it out requires time, the simpler solution is to just drive away those who are at other places.
On that groundwork, a largescale conflict begins.
I see countless numbers of corpses as if they are directly in front of me.
Smell, decay, and sadness seem innate to the depicting picture.
To all these depictions it is as if I stand directly there and feel the atmosphere of the moment.

 

The war goes on.
Many of the queens and their respective swarms are already no more.
But while most of these swarms are growing exhausted, one grows stronger.

The secret?
While all the other swarms simply kill "the others", this one concentrates on two objectives.

The first: Kill the queen.

After that, the command structures of the opposing forces fall into disarray.
Yet it doesn't end there.
This queen is not finishing off these forces to gain territory.
She takes the princesses.

With the princesses, she can gain control over all the remaining troops and secure a source for new soldiers to fill her own ranks.
While casualties aren't completely avoidable, it is far more lasting than the strategy the others pursued.
As they cannot properly work together they fall victim to this one greatest force.

 

Others adapt, and in the end, four major forces remain.
Grown too large and properly securing their princesses the fights come to a stalemate.
The causalities grow, without anything of value gained.
Thus a treaty is agreed upon.

The forces decide to end the fights, retreat their armies, and agree on mandatory borders.
They also decide to destroy the fourth faction, which was located in the center and distribute the remains among each other.
Like this, the millennia-long conflict comes to an end.
The former war factions settle down and rebuild their base.

But no one can argue that the great swarm who first began to capture princesses won this conflict.
This one swarm is now in control over an unbelievable wide area in the underground, has the most princesses, and a powerful inner structure.

Our swarm.

 

Soon the numbers grow again, but this time under one will.
And so they expand controlled and the numbers are regulated.
The creation of new queens is forbidden.
This is part of the treaty.

Since that time only this one queen reigns over her swarm.
The very one that stung me.

 

<It seems you have finished. How was it?> (L)

<Intense, I guess. This really happened, right?> (E)

<I was only in it for the last century but in general, this was our policy. Do you understand the lesson?> (L)

<She acted differently from the others and like this got an advantage.> (E)

<The main point is that our queen has discovered the value of assimilation instead of simple overtaking. That it can be more beneficial to win the enemy forces as your own instead of exhausting them. I wanted you to know that since it could come to use with this new species. We don't have the need to occupy human territories and these are less suitable than our own realm for expansion. However, if conflict may start, regardless if it will be on a large or low scale, this might once again be our strategy. This should be in your favor, as the subordinates should be spared to some degree.> (L)

 

So she says they would try to spare the civilians and aim for the heads.
I should make realistic assumptions.
They are a completely different species.
Naturally, humans will fear them.
And also naturally there will be some who will be hostile.
Especially the uppers who fear losing what they have might choose to attack them.
Conflicts may occur, but as much I want to prevent this, it is assuring that the insects aren't aiming for extinction.
That is soothing, as they at least won't be the hostile party.

 

<You should go back now, as I don't like wasting time we will head out the next interval. So make sure you are empty by then.> (L)

<Tomorrow? This soon?> (E)

<I don't see a reason to delay this. And the base should be already built there.> (L)

 

In truth, this is what I wish for.
The chance to see my family.
I'm already deeply worried and don't know if they have a chance in this town.
Had they even time to take anything with them?

The sooner I am there, the sooner I can do something.
Yet I wanted to delay it until I can even provide anything for them.
I still don't know if these mushrooms are poisonous for humans, but since we are making fire, I could serve them meat.
And Kyska said we would gather other things like that.
By now I could maybe keep them alive and so it's opportune to depart now.
If not for the part that I am really anxious to meet them.

 

<I would like to go.> (E)

<Perfect. Ensure that you don't need to lay on the way. At the site, it might be already accommodating enough that the new brood could be attended, yet I'm not sure if you could hold them inside while traveling.> (L)

"I think I can manage.> (E)

<Good, then nothing should hinder our little visit.> (L)

<Do we have anything to cover us? Even if it is night, I would prefer to stay hidden while we are on the streets.> (E)

<You think this will be enough? Aren't they detecting our presence with the scent?> (L)

<Ehk? No humans use only their eyes to confirm things. So if we are covered, they shouldn't note the difference.> (E)

<Another good advice from you. You really are valuable. It should be no problem to skin something large enough in the storage for coverage. I will prepare it.> (L)

<Also don't I look at least still human? I mean when everything treacherous is hidden. My face is still the same.> (E)

<Well, I've informed myself about the human corpses we had. Are you aware that your eyes are black in comparison to theirs or is this a common trait?> (L)

 

What!?
My eyes are what?!

I directly touch there in my panic.

 

<I take this as a "no". You've developed compound eyes, so you might track movements now better, yet they set you apart from them. Please try to cope with it without a breakdown this time.> (L)

 

This revelation hit me, yet with my new eyelids, I was already out of the ordinary in this area.

Hey!

New eyelids!

 

<Liseti! What color are my second eyelids?> (E)

<White. Why do you ask?> (L)

<How is this?> (E)

 

I only close them partly and make sure the middle stays free.

 

<Now... It might work out! They are a little elongated up and down, but if you avoid a direct examination then no great difference should be noticed.> (L)

 

It feels a little weird.
Nonetheless, I believe to can maintain this state.

 

<F-fine then. I can manage.> (E)

<As we are here, is there any other knowledge you'd like to obtain?> (L)

<You know, I always say insects or the swarm or something like this, but is there a real name for... well, I guess us?> (E)

<Eehkh, Scriak, Scrieh!/This is an uncommon question. In general, one would refer to the swarm, yet you ask for a specific word for a member. I think there is.> (L)

<Really? And what is it?> (E)

<It goes a long way back and isn't used in general, but there was such a thing. I believe it was... Formicea!> (L)

 

A name.
This is giving me something to relate to.
It sounds foreign, but I guess "human" would also be unusual if one isn't used to it.

 

<Is there anything else in question?> (L)

<N-no, I'm fine.> (E)

<Good, I will pick you up at your place then.> (L)

 

As we are done here I go out again and head back home.
However, accompanying me is the messenger that led me here.

 

<You are really going to come back with us?> (E)

<I was assigned to stand by your side, my princess! Princess Liseti judged this best.> (Skiras)

 

The way back is without incidents, since all the swarm entities are giving way, while at the same time they ensure that nothing foreign enters the hive alive.
Kyska seems a little bit uneasy that I will soon set out.
But she remains silent as she would otherwise oppose a princess' order.
Things just start to get weird when I come back to my courtyard.

 

<What is this!?> (E)

 

On the courtyard stand lined up fifty creatures that are similar to Skiras.
Yet maybe slightly weaker.
They look as if they would wait for a command.

 

<Since when did I have military?> (E)

<Those are the interceptors princess Liseti sent you, for your safety when you rise to the surface.> (Sk)

 

Ah, yes, there was something.
But that I now have an army.

 

<I hope it is clear that we aren't going to invade there. Much more, even if I get approached, don't just intervene. There might be rude encounters, but don't attack if that happens.> (E)

 

There is quite some stirring in the ranks at my words.

 

<Princess, we will try to act according to your wish, yet it is not possible to leave a princess in mortal danger. That goes against our supreme directives.> (Sk)

 

Urrgh, so I have to find a balance to make sure that no one gets sliced down by these flying blades.
As I don't feel like arguing with this kind of determination, I went inside.
There Suki is already waiting.

 

<My princess, you returned!> (S)

<Ah, yes! It was a bit... overwhelming, like always with Liseti.> (E)

<She sent you soldiers. Very attentive of her.> (S)

<Yes, maybe. That an army is here makes me feel a bit uneasy. It seems tomorrow I will set out to this human town with them.> (E)

<Ieehk, criek!/The next interval? This soon? I hope you will fare well, but princess Liseti is very capable. She is solely quelling all threats to the hive.> (S)

<I think so too. She looks strong.> (E)

<If you would come in. I prepared a bit for you.> (S)

<You prepared something?> (E)

 

I walk in and she directs my attention to the table.
It is full.
The table is bursting with all kinds of vessels filled with different ingredients.
Different kinds of berries, corn, plants, and even vegetables.
And at the end of the table, I notice...
burned flesh!

 

<You made all of this?> (E)

<We assigned your nurses and workers. Some hundred we could spend on that task. The workers gathered that what you see here and stored the rest. And the nurses could with your instructions manage to ignite a fire. We thought it would please you when you return.> (S)

<This is unbelievable! How did you know about the berries? The plants are all edible if I see right.> (E)

<Trial and error naturally. The workers eat a bit and decide based on the reactions.> (S)

<Ieehk!? No one died, right?> (E)

<Some are recuperating, but they have all strong digestive systems.> (S)

<Then it is alright, I guess.> (E)

 

I go to the berries and take some.
They are sweet, but most of them have the sour-bitter taste of being plucked too soon.
The corn reminds me of bread and like this has a calming effect of normality.
The vegetables are fine too.
And the meat?

 

Tastes well!
It wasn't perfectly roasted, even burned to quite a degree.
But the animal must be edible.

 

<Thank you! Both of you!> (E)

<We are glad that it is to your liking.> (K)

 

I dig in and maybe come close to overeating by the end.
It was really nice to have this.
My stomach feels full and I feel serene.
I mean I'm nearly bursting, as I feel the pressure and...

Oh no!

 

"Plop"

 

<Suki! The nurses!> (K)

 

Why does this always happen to dim my day?

 

"Plop, plop"

 

Sure, because it has to happen every day!

 

"Plop, plop"

 

There is no helping it and by now I think I can take the stress, even as disgusted I am of myself.

 

"Plop, plop, plop"

 

<You are doing great, my princess!> (K)

 

Kyska directs my concentration to her so that I can ignore what happens down there.
It really helps a bit.
Nonetheless, I feel dejected.
It takes quite long but then eventually ends.

 

<Wonderful! thirty-seven more. You are doing splendid my princess.> (S)

 

I really don't want flattery for this.
The only plus is my stomach doesn't hurt anymore.

 

<Let's just get over with this. Tomorrow will be hard.> (E)

<As you wish, my princess.> (K)

 

I prepare myself to sleep soon but spend the rest of the day talking with those two in human language until I am satisfied with the quotes I believe I will need to say when I arrive.
I want to be prepared for anything that might come.
In the end, I manage to solve this vexing problem with the "E" and like this can go untroubled to sleep.

 

97