Chapter 13 – “Lucky pervert” incidents
6k 17 185
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The scenery shifts slowly as the cart moves forward on a bumpy half-heartedly paved dirt road. A cloud of dust emerges as the horses gallop forward, meeting to mingle with the snow mid-air. 

I’m on my way back to my village, my hometown where my family stays. It’s a 3 day journey away from Inich Town where I work. Trying to save money, I share a horse-drawn cart with other travellers instead of hiring a private coach for myself. I can bear through the cold if I just bundle up properly.

There are two other people sharing this cart with me. 

One is a girl with dark green hair and lilac eyes. Despite disguising herself with commoner clothes, I can see she’s probably someone who has some status because she lacks to focus on the details. Her skin is fair and smooth, her hair’s clean and shiny and her hands don’t have a single blemish or callous. 

Yet everyone will believe she’s a commoner because that’s the way the story world works. Well, I’m not going to call it out.

The other one is a tad mysterious. I know it’s a male from his body frame, a tall dude with broad shoulders and big hands. However, his face is hidden with a cloth mask only showing his golden-yellow eyes, his hair colour unknown because he never takes off his hood or cloak, his hands gloved and he never utters a word to anyone. 

Even if I don’t see his hair colour, I know this is an important character because no sane human would be secretive to this point. Wearing such things to “not draw any attention” would only prove opposite. What are you, an idiot?

As I judge him in my mind, the man probably felt my stare because he turns my way to look at me, as if trying to say something.

What? You wanna fight?

I say this inwardly, but I'd be the first to avoid any conflict. 

After a few short seconds, the man decides against speaking and looks away.

Because no one is willing to speak to each other more than necessary, the travel is pleasantly silent, disregarding the creaking of the worn down cart every now and then. Night slowly descends and the weather got chillier as darkness creeps along.

“We will rest for the night in the next village” The cart driver announces, looking back at us.

No one disagrees, so he just takes that as confirmation. The cart pulls into a village and the travellers check into rooms at the only small inn present in this village.

It’s a little late beyond midnight, but I felt extremely dirty after all the travelling. A normal commoner wouldn’t have minded this. However, as someone who knows the importance of sanitation from having lived in 21st century, I can only shrivel up after smelling my own hair. I certainly don’t want lice infecting me anytime soon.

I leave for the communal bathrooms. Upon reaching there, I see a man half-naked with only a towel wrapped around his waist coming out of the bath. His toned muscles in open view, the steam escaping from the open slit in the bathroom door only gave him a dreamy vibe. His black hair damp and dripping with water, his golden eyes hazy… This is…

Fuckkkkk. Can’t I even take a bath in peace? What is this ‘lucky pervert’ situation I have unfolding in front of me?

Who the fuck is so eager to shower this late at night? It’s midnight for god’s sake. (Other than me, but that’s besides the point) 

My eyes drift towards his towel trying its best to hide his privates. Bro, you better hang in there. Don’t drop to the floor. We both don’t want that.

His eyes followed my line of sight and lands on his towel. Hastily, he placed one hand on the towel, securing it in place. 

Good job. Now we have one less thing to worry about.

The man cleared his throat, pulling my eyes back to his face. 

“What are you doing here?” A frown etched upon his lips, he asks. His deep voice laced with venom... “Your life depends on your answer.”

What is this man saying? Why else would a person come to the bath other than to take a bath? Did he drop his brain down the drain? 

You think I’d want to see your oh-so-carefully hidden face that I’d come to sneak on you at night? What- is your face that precious? Charge money for it then, why don’t you?

His frown turns into a full grimace when I only swear endlessly in my mind without answering him. 

“Go away.” He snarled his words with much hostility, but I can only laugh inwardly. My shoulders tremble from holding in laughter, but I’m sure to him it seems like I’m scared.

Boy, you’re such drama queen.

If I retort with all those words I thought, I’d be waving goodbye to my mob life. If he is a male lead that he is, it is only normal for mob females like me to fawn over him. If I had my way I’d laugh until he dies from embarrassment, but I can’t do that.

I quickly hide my face in my hands, covering my cheeks and eyes. Since I can’t force myself to blush, I’ll just have to act shy. 

“S-sorry… I-I didn’t mean… to see…” I stutter on purpose. “… I came here f-for a bath.”

Ladies and gentlemen, I’d like to award myself oscars. Thank you.

“I-I won’t t-tell… how your face looks…” In fact, I don’t even care how you look. You think your face is so memorable and important but I’ll forget it like a day later.

The man stares at me with a strange gaze. My dude, just leave already. I need to take my bath. 

I did my job as a mob who accidentally saw your face, you already threatened me and I already gave the answers you want. What more do you want to hear?

“You…” He finally speaks, an evil grin replaces his previous frown. “You’re an interesting human.”

What.

NO WAIT. WHAT BUTTON DID I PRESS WRONG?

185