[Interviews with BL Authors] : MyLadyQueen
342 26 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

✿✿✿

Hello and welcome to our first Interview with a BL author on Scribble Hub! This feature is here to introduce, promote, and get to know better all the people who make our BL community what it is—a library of BL for all of us to enjoy ^^.

All comments and further questions to the authors are welcome because while we did try to ask the questions we felt the readers might want to know most, we probably missed something. So that's where you come in—the actual Readers of BL on ScribbleHub!

Please do not be shy, and if you happen to be, you can send us questions by PMs and we will ask them discreetly in the comment section ourselves \(^v^)/.

The first Interview we publish is going to be from the author known as the most prolific and devoted author of BL on this site, MyLadyQueen, with ~50 series under her name! Since the first Reading List we did was devoted to Short Stories, and MyLadyQueen's stories are so prominently featured there—check them all out!—we really wanted to ask MyLadyQueen about her writing and tastes, and of course, about BL! clear.png

 



 

BLBL Interviews

#1

MyLadyQueen

 

 

 

How did you get into writing BL?

 

~ It unconsciously happened while I wrote my first story that had nothing to do with romance. After that, every straight romance story I write also unconsciously ends up with a gay couple.

 

✿✿✿

 

Among your own stories, do you have a favorite? Why? Why not if you can't pick one?

 

~ It has to be Sis Loves Me Way Too Much (It is no longer available with this title, but can be found on pirating sites) - Why? It was an emotional roller coaster for myself and my readers who read it when I was uploading when I could. The story is currently being rewritten under the title 'Out of the Closet' (rewritten in some chapters because I was not happy with it.)

 

✿✿✿

 

What do you like most about BL?

 

~ I used to like the fact that they could have sex, but neither can fall pregnant but now, male couples are 95% of the time what I imagine my plots in - it's not a like but a norm in my case.

 

✿✿✿

 

What's your favorite type of BL character?

 

~ One that is confident and not afraid of letting anyone know that he/she is happy with who they are.

 

✿✿✿

 

Any guilty pleasure moments you've had with BL?

 

~ I used to enjoy the sex scenes I thought up for my characters.

 

✿✿✿

 

What are your personal hopes/dreams/fears/doubts about BL as a genre?

 

~ Fear - that the new authors are following the trend to ruin the genre — making it a fetish, abusing the characters and turning your story into a rape first then happily ever after with the rapist.

 

✿✿✿

 

If you had to choose a dream medium in which your story would be adapted (but it can be only one!), which would it be?

 

~ Manhwa

 

✿✿✿

 

If you have one regret about your most popular/favorite BL story you wrote—something you wish you did differently— what would it be?

 

~ To be conscious of what I was writing. I wrote about many inappropriate relations that I regret, when I realized this, I corrected it and I was totally shocked that the readers accepted and never told me this is wrong.

 

✿✿✿

 

Have your interests in BL changed through the years? Have you ever had pet peeves and changed your opinions later? Or something you were once obsessed with that now you no longer find all that appealing to you?

 

~ Yes, I stopped writing mature scenes when I wrote my series of oneshots and short stories. When I started writing the lengthy novels again, I saw that there was no need for mature scenes even though I wanted to write them, but I still think of two guys in bed every night before I go to sleep so it is just in the writing that it changed

 

✿✿✿

 

What story length do you enjoy writing most in? What story length is the one you like the least and why?

 

~ Story length? Creativity should never have a limit, be it short or long, but if you as the write choose to be in that position where you only write a certain length then go for it.

 

 



 

 

Thank you, MyLadyQueen, for answering our questions and good luck to you—keep BL-ing, you are one of our mot inspiring authors here!

And thank you everyone for reading! Check out MyLadyQueen's stories and support the rewrite of My Sis Loves Me Way Too Much, 'Out of the Closet'—the first version was a great story and was one of the first on SH BL ranking! The second version has to be even better! ^^

 

See you next time in a couple of days with another author's Interview! 

(●‿●)/

 

34