[Interviews with BL Authors] : FantasyDeath
191 17 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

✿✿✿

 

The March Interview with our BL author, at last!!

Sorry it took so long and there was no Reading List this month (and won't be the next one, either) -- but the working on the Spring Anthology took a lot of our free time, and so the Newsletter side projects (Interviews and Reading Lists) had to be postponed till after the anthology ends!

 

With that said -- DO NOT FORGET that the Anthology of BL Short Stories comes out tomorrow! Woohoo!!

We'll see you there ^^.

 

All comments and further questions to the author are welcome because while we did try to ask the questions we felt the readers might want to know most, we probably missed something. So that's where you come in—the actual Readers of BL on ScribbleHub!

Please do not be shy, and if you happen to be, you can send us questions by PMs and we will ask them discreetly in the comment section ourselves \(^v^)/.

 

 

Today's author is FantasyDeath whose BL story, Thin Ice has finished recently ). It is short and sweet -- please check it out along with other stories by FantasyDeath on Scribble and elsewhere and on their Social Media account! (Twitter, too!) 

 

Also, not to be weird (self-promotion??? again?), but one of the chibis on the March Newsletter chibi banner was for FantasyDeath's Thin Ice book, too! Guess which one |.o).

 

 

 

BLBL Interviews

#7

FantasyDeath

 

 

 

 

✿✿✿

 

 

How did you get into writing BL?

 

 

I have no idea. It was back when I was 14 and on Wattpad and ff.net. I think... there were a lot of werewolf stories, I remember that. You know, stuff about mates and whatnot. And I liked them! I read lots of them. And then decided to write a mxm novel myself (no clue why) – also, fanfiction. I think I was very into POJ fanfiction at the time, so I got started with a fanfic and an original novel on Wattpad. They're still there – please don't ever read them. They suck. But I'm too proud of tiny-me for finishing them to delete them.

 

✿✿✿

 

 

Among your own stories, do you have a favorite? Why? Why not if you can't pick one?

 

 

I would say either Thin Ice or Still Waters. Thin Ice because I just liked the turn the story took. When I first started writing it (3 years ago, wow) it was going to be a typical MC gets transmigrated, ends up getting into a relationship with the villain and derails the whole story-kind of novel. But over the years, I read so many of those I got... kind of sick of them. I still enjoy them! But I feel no need to write one myself since I can find them everywhere.

As for Still Waters (not a BL novel though) I just really like Anaan, the nonbinary MC.

 

 

✿✿✿

 

 

What do you like most about BL?

 

I think it's less that I really like BL and more that I dislike het novels. No idea why, but something about how women are written in most of them just... really bugs me. So I tend to gravitate to BL novels.

 

 

✿✿✿

 

What's your favorite BL sub-genre/trope/element?

 

Accidental Marriage, Accidental Baby Acquisition, Temporary Amnesia.

 

✿✿✿

 

 

As a consumer, what's your favorite medium for BL? Film/anime/tv series? Writing? Game? Visual Novel? Etc...

 

Chinese danmei! I fell into the trap years ago and have no desire to leave (I might or might now be learning Mandarin just so I can read more of them...).

 

✿✿✿

 

 

Have you ever shipped characters who weren't in a BL relationship? Who were they?

 

 

I would say... Klaus and Caroline from The Vampire Diaries. They're basically the only ones!

 

✿✿✿

 

How hard would it be for you to imagine your story(ies) rewritten with the MC role swapped with the ML? Do you think the plot would have to change a lot to keep it interesting, some character arcs, or do you feel nothing would change at all? Can you see your MC just as attractive in the ML role as the actual ML was?

 

I can pretty easily imagine most of them. I think there'd be a lot of changes naturally, because most of my MCs are pretty unreliable narrators. Like, there's a lot Cale doesn't know in Thin Ice, simply because he's never around when the action takes place. And yes, I think my MCs could be good MLs!

 

 

✿✿✿

 

 

Is there any specific meaning behind your pen name, author's name?

 

 

Nope! I was making a side-account on Wattpad that my RL friends wouldn't know and I couldn't come up with anything. So I squished Fantasy (one of my favorite genres) together with Death (trying to be edgy or cool, I guess) and I've just gotten used to it.

 

 



 

 

Thank you, FantasyDeath!

 

Wish you good luck in completing more of your stories and hope to see you on Scribble Hub more often overall!

 

Please come visit FantasyDeath's profile here on Scribbly and take a look at their stories and the social media accounts and Patreon and commissions FantasyDeath offers! Support your favorite authors and they will flourish and expand ^^.

 

Bye and see you in the new Newsletter and in the Anthology! Yay!

(●‿●)/

 

 

 

20