[Events]: Spring Anthology Completed!!
172 8 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

✯¸.•´*¨`*•✿ ✿•*`¨*`•.¸✯

BLBL Newsletter

Events

 

 

Hello, hello, our favorite BL readers and commenters!

This time, instead of Interviews, the May's sub-issue of the Newsletter will be devoted to congratulating all the participants of the Spring BL Anthology. It finished publishing and a whole week passed since the last entry was released. Plenty of time for everyone to comment on it if they still planned.

 

Click on the pic below to go to the Anthology's Table of Contents!

 

And now, as promised -- the final count of the comments under the Spring Anthology stories (as described here, in the forum announcement about the commenting competition opening!) We were waiting for some of the members to still make a contribution, even though their comment points wouldn't be calculated in the final result after the commenting period ended.

 

One last time, introducing our beautiful and fierce commenting teams!

 

^

Cherries

Spoiler

Maple-Leaf

Ruyi

oofcat

Blue_Spider_Lily

lilGoat

minacia

Jmitsitsiyo

Summervaca99

Dise

Layla19

kiisakimaki

Waterrain

peep

Quilfrisson

Soup

Miggyyy

Heart

[collapse]

   

^

Death Flowers

Spoiler

LinLin

yiyuehua

val

Xeater

The_Long_Serpent

OkuraTsukiko

Ruelin

TunTun

.FORD

xunyi

Emeruferuu

[collapse]

 

^

 Chrysanthemum

Spoiler

Xinde

Luxican

bafflinghaze

Nahrenne

Ame-Tora

MyLadyQueen

sami (5hehzada)

_Ying

XiaoMang

GraveParadise

[collapse]

^

White Lotus

Spoiler

RatBastard

Assurbanipal_II

tiaf

Owl

Lon3ly

tsukimii

Sunya

Moonpearl

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

99blueroses

Rufthi

Nani25

MichelleLeeee

momo

Kayla

RedEmber512

CherryBoyLove

[collapse]

 

 

✿✿✿

 

 

With the reminder of how the comment counting works under the following spoiler.

Spoiler

◊ GOLD POINTS ◊

 

1 point -- for emoji comment.

2 points -- for "thank you for the story!" and "It was so nice to read this!" type comments.

Neither of these two types of comments will give you any more points if you keep spamming them without variegation. (I.e. no double-posting within the same entry will garner new points).

 

 

◊ DIAMOND POINTS ◊

 

5 points -- for short feedback or plot-related comments in the story.

10 points -- for a wall of text analysis or genuine advice/feedback/interaction with the author about the themes, character development, and the anthology-related elements of the story ("wall of text" here implies more than 50 words in the comment!).

 

Neither of these two types of comments will give you any more points if you break down the same point into tiny sub-comments. (I.e. no double-posting within the same theme will garner new points. By "same theme" we mean here -- "Character", "Themes of the Story", "Style/Execution/Tone", "Pacing/Technique", "Plot". We are going for the quality of the comments, not for the point-calculations. Spamming the comments or splitting one into many tiny ones will not work and is subject to mod discussions of what even qualifies or not).

 

 

MULTIPLIERS

 

Based on the length of the short story the DIAMOND points will increase in count. Since the shortest entries are as short as 1000 words in this anthology (S-size), and the longest entry is 14,000 words long (XL-size) -- multiplying factors will apply in the point counting.

 

GOLD comments will not be changed for them, though. Only the DIAMOND ones. Pay attention.

 

S-sized story -- x1 multiplier (+0);

M-sized story -- x2 multiplier;

L-sized story -- x3 multiplier;

XL-sized story -- x4 multiplier. 

All points will be counted after the last entry of the anthology comes out and a full week passes afterward! (so likely, in early May!)

[collapse]

 

 

 

✯¸.•´*¨`*•✿ ✿•*`¨*`•.¸✯

And now...

 

 

 

 

After calculating all the comments for each team, the winner of the Spring BL Anthology's Commenting Arena is --

 

Spoiler

 

 

 

 

 

[collapse]

 

-- leading with the overall 3,535 points harvested from the comment section!

Second to them are the White Lotuses with the narrow defeat of 3,458 comment point!

The Bronze place is taken by the Chrysanthemums and their 2,268 points. And the loser, sorry -- the most amazing contestant who arrived last, yet still made such a stunning impact -- is Death Flowers, with the overall 1,538 points!

 

(❁´◡`❁)

☆⋆:∞.o(≧▽≦)o.∞:⋆☆

ヽ(▽ `)ノワーイ♪ヽ(´▽`)ノワーイ♪ヽ( ´▽)ノ

 

The biggest praise, of course, goes to each team's Champions, of which we sometimes have several in just one team!

(Really, check out the individual titles of all the Champions ^^. They are all so pretty and fancy and truly deserving of the Champion label \(*o*)/).

 

 

 

Please, give a round of applause to Ruyi, the Jade Aureate Champion of the Cherries who has amassed the whopping 14,548 words of comments on the anthology (that's as long as the longest entry in the antho itself!) -- in only 34 overall comments. Thus, Ruyi will be known from now on as the Wielder of Wall of Text, one of the S-tier Artifacts of the Commenting Section domain.

Her sidekicks (or maybe disciples?) on the Cherry team are Oofcat, the Emerald Abloom Hero who also fancies wall of text comments and lilGoat, the Damned Beryl, and her shrewd critical eye.

 

 

 

✿✿✿

 

 

The next Champions we have to mention are the White Lotus Heroes -- led with Assurbanipal_II, the Divine Teardrop Champion who has unlocked a special achievement in the anthology with 162 individual comments on all entries!

Following him closely is Moonpearl, the Gallant Star Sapphire -- who not only managed to comment on every single entry in the anthology, but also made the Extended and Thorough Content Warning descriptions for all the stories (check it out here before reading the antho!).

The three other White Lotus champions are Killokii (RatBastard), the Indicolite Celestial Hero, Waterrain, Sapphire Precious Hero and Lon3ly, the Loneliest Aquamarine Hero. Killokii has commented on all entries while Waterrain had commented on almost all the stories in the anthology! And Lon3ly has managed to fill whole pages of comments on some of the entries!

 

 

✿✿✿

 

 

The Chrysanthemum Champions are some of the most impressive ones. Because Chrysanthemums are so underrepresented amidst the commenting people -- most of the points gathered in the final count were only made by two people!

In particular, the Chrysanthemum Legendary Champion Nahrenne, the Shining Jewel, who has made 93 comments on the stories and rucked up no less than 10,639 words on just one (1!) single entry in particular! Which is almost as long as the entry itself is.

Right after Nahrenne comes bafflinghaze, the Sleepy Sunstone, another Champion of Chrysanthemum and their quote-tagged comments that are so nice and easy to read!

 

 

✿✿✿

 

 

And now time for your most dazzling Champions -- the Death Flower Champions who, just like Chrysanthemums, almost singlehandedly put the Death Flower threat on the map:

The menacing twins of the Death Flowers -- Xeater, Moonstone Flare the First, who has made 54 comments on ALL the entries of the anthology, and Ruelin, the Bloody Amethyst, who also has commented on ALL the entries of the anthology! Congrats, Champions! Your efforts haven't been in vain and the Immortal Gods of the anthology noticed your devotion!

*sprinkles fairy dust on all the Champions*

 

 

✿✿✿

 

 

Congratulations, champions!! Without you, the anthology wouldn't be what it is -- a boisterous and hype experience, giving authors feedback and praise to grow and feel excited about more writing!

Thank you all so much!

 

 

 

SPRING_DIVIDE_--_BL-ing.png

 

19