Chapter 15 – Life and death in 18 seconds (2)
2.1k 21 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

16, Month Fall-Quatre, Year Elizabeth 402

20:10, Elizabeth Magic Academy

 

 

Ten second

A deep slash appeared on Wilson’s chest and blood trickled down from it. But the boy himself not felt any of that. The purgatory flame erupted once more, this time toward his own wounds. It licked all the wounded and closed it forcefully.

Wilson ignored the intense pain he felt right now and tried to focus on battle. He looked at the prey in front of him once more, his eyes crazed. The boy then tightened the grip of his spear.

Eleven second

Elnora looked at him and her face gone cold. She clicked her tongue in annoyance, but she didn’t continue to attack again immediately. The demon conjured another large amount of dark element mana. Suddenly, multiple purple particles appeared and twinkled around her mesmerizingly.

“Tried this!” she roared.

All the particles merged, forming another body of Elnora beside herself. The two bodies were exactly identical, but the action it can perform was independent. One of Elnora circled around to the right and the other to the left. They then attacked Wilson with two separate attacks, one to his head and the other to his thighs, one high and one low.

Twelve second

Wilson's face hardened that instant. He felt slight despair. But that was when purgatory flame kicked in. It began providing him with a piece of information he desperately needed right now.

The spell that Elnora used was actually an illusion magic.

And illusion magic was also in the brach of concealing magic. With the purgatory flame in his body, how illusion magic could trick him?

“Hah!” Wilson cried out.

He completely ignored Elnora who was on the left that tried to attack his head. He turned to the right side and focus entirely on her.

He stabbed his spear out, and it collided forcefully with the scythe of Elnora.

“Ugh!”

While he indeed blocked the attack, the power difference was just too large. His body staggered back three steps just from the after blow alone.

And this was probably because he had the purgatory flame in his body.

If this was a normal square-level mage, they would probably die even if they blocked it.

Thirteen second

Wilson spurted a mouthful of blood out of his mouth. His face was pale, but his eyes were still full of determination. He dashed madly toward the demon again.

He stabbed it out with Double Strike once more. It was his only offensive spell, after all.

Elnora saw that and snickered. With the same motion she used previously, she blocked two attacks all at once.

Clang!

The force rebound made him retreated forcefully once more and his posture broke. Wilson’s desperate strike had exposed himself in the process.

“Now die!”

Elnora swung down her scythe. This time it aimed straight for his neck, wanting to end his life for good.

Fourteen second

But all of that was but a feint of Wilson.

While the rebound force indeed made him lost his posture the first time, that was because he was unprepared at that time.

The posture that broke intentionally and unintentionally was very different. In Wilson’s case this time, it probably shouldn't be called a posture broke at all. The force he used in the attack this time was much smaller than the previous time, so the rebound he felt was actually negligible.

He waited for the swing from Elnora to start before using another throwing javelin to throw at her. Before he threw it, he even enhanced it with his purgatory flame.

The javelin glow with black flame. It aimed straight toward the area between her eyes.

“Hah!” Elnora laughed at the boy’s trick.

Before absolute power, anything would be meaningless. A trick like this would never get any result from an expert like her to begin with.

She could even take the javelin with her head if she wanted, and it would simply bounce away as if it collided with a wall.

That would be the case only if there was no dark flame involvement, of course. The dark flame was indeed the natural bane of a demon.

The flame that burned her before still engraved in her mind, and she subconsciously felt some deterrence from it. Even when she overpowered him to this level, she still had to be careful of it.

She tilted her head slightly, and the attack missed, but that, of course, made her stopped her attack. This was Wilson’s goal all along. He just wanted to waste her time. He then retreated for three steps to create some distance between them.

The decision to dodge the javelin was actually a mistake from Elnora.

The javelin, even with the enchanted from purgatory flame, could never penetrate her to begin with. The reason it could injure her the first time was because of the enormous amount Wilson release, and the fact that it caught her off guard.

If she took the javelin head-on and continued the swing, Wilson would probably die right there.

Wilson gambled on the odd that she still be fearful toward the flame, and it paid off.

Fifteen second

“You!”

Rage consumed Elnora. She looked at the boys full of hatred. This little human wasted her time for ten seconds odd after all.

The dark element gathered around her once more. At the same time, she walked toward Wilson. The steps she took were very mysterious, some short and some long. But they were very fast. It was so fast that her body actually disappeared entirely in the night.

A sense of danger rang inside Wilson's head.

He knew that this was some form of illusion spell!

He knew that Elnora had appeared behind his back!

But the speed and his reaction would never keep up with the power of hexagon mage to begin with.

And now, the blood loss also started to catch up to him. The purgatory flame of him could only close the wound, but it could never replenish the blood loss. Before this, he could operate entirely because of an adrenaline rush. But that effect was never permanent.

“Ugh!”

Now that those also ran out, Wilson felt his vision blurred, and the last thing he saw was the sight of the scythe blade that protruded out from his chest.

When Elnora pulled out the blade, his body fell to the ground limply as a lifeless puppet.

Sixteen second

Elnora swung her scythe once more. She flung away the blood of Wilson that had struck on the blade; they splashed against the rose in the garden, dyeing the beautiful red rose redder.

She gave one last look at the lifeless body that lied on the ground before she switched her gaze at the girl that was casting the spell all this time.

Alice’s eyes were still closed. Now, though, a massive amount of mana had gathered around her that it could be seen with naked eye. Judging by the mana alone, this spell should reach at least the level of a pentagon mage.

Such power… and only from a square-level mage...

Elnora sighed, she couldn’t help but imagine the benefits if she could bring this girl into her organization. But that plan was all but failed now.

The only option for her was to kill this girl this instant!

The demon approached the girl. She used the same spell that she used with Wilson—Shadow Walk—and her body disappeared in the darkness of the night.

Seventeen second

Elnora appeared again before Alice. Her scythe lifted high, ready to swing down—

But at this instant, Alice’s eyes opened.

The truth was she already expected that Wilson couldn’t possibly distract Elnora for that long. That was why she had prepared for this moment.

Seeing the scythe swinging down, she didn’t panic. She simply used her right arm to block it.

Her arm was, after all, a part of the water-ice twin head dragon physique. It was much stronger than an arm of a normal square-level mage. In fact, it probably reached the level of the pentagon level, if not higher.

That was why she decided to block the attack with just her arm alone.

The scythe cut into the tender white arm of Alice. And the contrasting red blood began to spill out from it.

Eighteen second

While Alice was blocking the attack, she never stopped the incantation. With enough practice, mage could cast the spell while doing something else. And if master, one could even skip the incantation entirely.

Elnora, shocked that Alice blocked her attack with her arm, begin to withdraw the blade to swing once more but Alice didn’t allow that. She directly grasped the blade with her right hand. Another flesh blood spilled, but that would never stop her.

After all, this level of pain could never reach the level of when her breakthrough failed.

Elnora then ignored the scythe and use her left hand to punch directly at the girl but—

It was all too late.

Alice had completed the spell.

All the water element in the area was sucked toward Alice. They convened and then burst out.

A ray of blue shot out from Alice's left hand. This ray actually consisted solely of water. But the power of it was simply unimaginable.

It could even crush a mountain into powder in the instant!

Aquatic Ray of Annihilation!

A beam of blue light flashed in the sky. Painting the night sky all blue, as if the sky had turned into the sea itself.

 

78