Chapter 16 – The founding of the SSS: Sage (Khun’s) Simp Squad
2.3k 28 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

20, Month Fall-Quatre, Year Elizabeth 402

06:30, Elizabeth Magic Academy

 

 

Inside the dorm room of Wilson, the owner of the room currently lied down on his bed. He was currently sending an apologetic smile toward a woman beside him. The young maid with neat brown hair and blue eyes, the recipient of the smile, didn’t acknowledge it. She was expressionless and motion the boy to sit up so that she could change the bandage on his chest.

A few days had passed from the battle in the rose garden, but the wound on Wilson's chest was still very deep. Blood still oozed out from his wound that the bandage had to be changed two times every day.

“I’m really sorry, Layla.” Wilson finally spoke after some thought. It was probably the nth time that he apologized to her, but the maid in front of him still had an impassive look on her face.

“Master Wilson, please be quiet so that I could change your bandage.” Layla Hart said with a smile, but there was no warmth in her eyes at all.

“…” Wilson sighed inwardly but obediently complied. He sat up on his bed and allowed the maid to change his bandage.

While he saw that she was still angry with him, her action was exceptionally gentle. The wound on his chest should be painful, but the gentle action from his maid soothed that somewhat.

“Please, remember to not do anything like this again.” Layla said, her voice was full of concern. This was also the nth time that she spoke that from the day when Wilson came back. And it was also the nth time that he promised her.

“Don’t worry. I will try not to do it again.”

“Hmph!”

After she had done changing the bandage, Layla went back to the her expressionless face again. She then reported his news for today.

“Lady Alice has already come, master Wilson. I currently have her waited in the reception room for now. If you are ready, please inform me and I will bring her up to you.”

“No. Just bring her up now.” Wilson said after some consideration.

After the incident, there were many events occurred around Wilson. First, the school went into an uproar. The higher-ups launched an investigation on everyone in the school, especially those related to Elnora Tucker. They didn’t find anything really useful, though.

Second, his father had come back. After hearing that Wilson was injured, Duke Waylon hurriedly came to school. And only after making sure that Wilson was alright and launched his own investigation team did he finally went back to calm the unrest.

Third, he became one of the people that became close to Alice Claude. She even came to visit him daily in the morning.

Well.. We did go through a life and death battle together after all…

Knock.

After some minutes had passed, Wilson heard a knock against his door. He quickly cleared his thought and allowed the person to come in.

Guided by Layla, Alice came into his room. She dressed in her school uniform with a white coat on the outer layer, like usual. Her face was cold, but Wilson could see that there was some warmth in her eyes now.

Wilson heard that she was also injured from the event, yet there was no visible injury on her body at all. Thought back, Wilson didn’t see any injury on her even on the day after the incident either.

“How is your wound today?” Alice asked after making sure that Layla had left the room. The question was just a formality, though. Wilson could see that she wasn’t that interested in his wound.

She did concern about his wound in the first couple of days, but seeing it every day probably numbed her mind already.

“It is good, as you can see.” Wilson nodded, then he asked what was on his mind. “So, did they have already caught Elnora now?”

“She disappeared.” Alice shook her head.

Wilson nodded. He heard from Alice that after he lost consciousness, Alice completed the spell and shot it toward Elnora. But as strong as a hexagon mage she was, how could she got attacked by a square-level mage that easily.

She dodged it narrowly.

But luckily, before she could attack again, the spell had drawn some attention from those in the school already. This made several teachers in the vicinity started heading toward the garden.

That was why Elnora chose to escape.

She never got caught, though.

The investigation later revealed that she was from some kind of secret organization, but all her accomplices were unknown.

The nasty rumors about Alice and Wilson also seemed to start by her, but the purpose of them was not known either.

“This organization…” Alice mumbled.

“Hmm?”

“...This organization is really mysterious.” Alice continued while shook her head slightly. “We don’t know its name, its agenda, or its member at all…”

“...Yeah.” Wilson sighed and stated his own conjecture. “Not only that, it seemed like this organization is much bigger than anyone could imagine. And those demons probably have some humans on their side too.”

That was the only explanation Wilson could come up to explain why Elnora could infiltrate deep inside the academy. They probably have support from some high-ranking officials.

“And… I suspect that they are targeting us, isn’t that right?” Alice said after some thought.

“Yes…” Wilson nodded reluctantly. There was no other explanation other than that at all.

“But because of that, sage Khun appeared before us.” Alice continued, the expression on her face was thoughtful. “It seemed like he was deliberating foiling their plan.”

“…!?” Wilson gasped. “Do you mean that sage Khun and that organization are in a conflict with each other?”

“I think that sage Khun’s goal is probably to hinder or even destroy these demons’ plan.” Alice continued with her reasoning. “But, Sage Khun probably has some situation on his own. Maybe he has some restrictions, or he didn’t have that much power in this world. That is probably why he approaches us. He wants us to be his followers and acts for him.”

“Hm…” After heard that, Wilson fell into deep thought. He then nodded at Alice’s reasoning. “That should be the case, I think. But, are we also going to go against them?”

“For me, of course I am.” Alice said proudly. “And you don’t have much choice either.”

“…” Wilson couldn’t find anything to say back to that. After all, his name and Alice probably on the list: ‘The person who needs to die’ of that organization already.

“To support sage Khun and fight them, we will also need an organization of our own. You and I will be the first two members of this organization.”

“It’s fine… I guess…” Wilson nodded reluctantly. As a purgatory knight, he had to hunt down demons anyway, so having support from a friend was probably be better than alone.

“We will call it SSS, short for Sage Khun’s Simp Squad. I heard that simp meant someone who is very supportive of that person. It should fit our agenda perfectly.” Alice said. There was no pause in her speeches at all.

She probably already had the name ready before coming to meet with Wilson today.

“SSS… It does have a nice ring to it.” Wilson murmured thoughtfully.

“As sage Khun wants to stay hidden, we will also remain hidden for now. But in the future, today will be the day all historians have to record on their book.” Alice said, her voice was full of resoluteness. She looked out of the window toward the clear sky outside.

“For today is the day that the SSS has been founded.”

 

 


21 September 2021

19:00, No Good Apartment

 

Sigh...

It seems that SealedFate’s confession really failed.

It is to be expected, but it is still somewhat sad.

He reported to me that he is currently resting in his room to heal his wound (probably his broken heart but I will play along for now).

I hope you can stay strong, boy.

It is a thing that everyone has to grow up from at some point.

But after that, SealedFate has become one of my “regular” viewers. He pops in from time to time like a normal viewer should do. Unlike a certain someone that appear every day…

[LittleSnow: Great sage Khun. Last day, I and SealedFate have already started our secret organization, the SSS.]

So you two really do know each other, after all!

Well… That is understandable, I guess.

The way they think of themselves as a mage is the same…

Sigh...

They are probably classmates that are secretly playing together, right?.

Such a youthful activity, except it is full of Chuunibyou vibe…

But, what do you mean by an organization!?

Do you still not stop with Chuunibyou thing, SealedFate?

I thought you confessed to your teacher already!?

Is the experience traumatized you so much that you revert back to a Chuunibyou again!?

You couldn’t do that!

Anyway...

LittleSnow’s messages still keeps going on, so let’s read that first.

[LittleSnow: With this, our influence in the world has started to embark on the path of new height already, great sage.]

[LittleSnow: Don’t worry, sage Khun. We have taken your circumstance into consideration.]

[LittleSnow: For now, we will stay hidden from the rest from the world.]

[LittleSnow: But years from now, there would be no one who haven’t heard our name, great sage!]

???

What?

It seems like these children have already included me in their own make-believe organization without even asking me at all…

And what you do mean by my circumstance? There is no other circumstance about me! I am just your average VTuber!

Fine.

Just remember to not talk about this to anyone, okay?

It would be really embarrassing after all...

“Very good.” I speak, impassively as I could be, to them. “For now, remember to be discreet of your action. Don’t let anyone catch on your intention yet.”

[LittleSnow: Yes, great sage!]

It seems like I am fated to deal with you for a long time in the future now…

Ding!

Wait.

This sound…

It is the donation!?

[SealedFate has supported my journey for 100 USD! Thank you!]

[Thank you very much for the help with my situation, sage. After the confrontation with my teacher, I have come to understand my feeling much better all thank to you.

For now, I have been training to release my flame daily.

I still couldn’t release the flame as much as the day when I first release it, though. But I will try to learn to control it as much as possible from now on.

PS. I heard from LittleSnow that you hate it when people don’t donate with their own money. This is my own personal money, so please accept this as a minor token of gratitude of me.]

...

SealedFate…

I really appreciate your support, but…

I don’t want to know anything about “your flame” at all.

 

 

 

This is the end of Arc 2: The Start of Legend.

This arc’s main purpose is to introduce some conflict into the story. So, the theme is probably different from the first arc significantly. I probably rewrite this arc at some point in the future to make it more interesting.

I will try to make next arc more light hearted if possible.

Thank you all for the support so far!

 

 

79