Chapter 34 Atoru Kingdom
183 11 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Onille spent his days going in and out of the game, he didn't feel any mental strain... because he has become a nocturnal creature... He slept in the day and focused all his efforts in the game at night. But he wasn't slacking off on his daily workouts though... He just kept revving up the intensity for some reason.

Insania battled a few low leveled mobs when they got close to Atoru's borders and leveled up to 24. But those weren't her only gains... Throughout the trip she got to learn many things from Allan, Mark and the Mercenaries... She's even stayed up late once and got the nasty [Sleep Deprived] debuff and even Hetir couldn't cleanse it, but with a short nap she instantly felt invigorated. Not only that! she also raised her [One-handed Sword Mastery] to (II) and her [Bow Mastery] to (III).. She can now class up to Ranger by paying a 50 silver coins. Wait why do they need to pay for a class-up though?

Well it seems that only an item can make people rank-up and it sorta resembles a teleportation platform. All countries have it and they are controlled by the high class of the hierarchy.  

And so just like that seven days passed and they finally made it to the nearest Human Kingdom. Insania was tense before they could get in they had to go through inspection and a border checkpoint, but Insania's worries were unfounded as Allan just showed something to the guards and they instantly were allowed to pass.

'Must be some high class insignia of some sort' Inside the Border City Hyca which is the farthest southward city in the entire Atoru Kingdom.

Insania took in a huge breath and gazed at the beautiful city. 'This is the Land Of Warriors! a perfect place to get buff and build one's body!'

Players that spawn in this kingdom gain [Kingdom Trait] human passive called [STRONGER! STRONGER! STRONGER!] the players and everyone born in this kingdom can gain physical stats like Physique, Strength, Agility, Dexterity while training in specified magical equipment.(Other kingdom players cannot gain any stats even if they trained so much in-game) In the forums it was stated that you'd need a lot of hard work and luck to get the maximum physical attribute which is 200 points per stat.

Insania had a lot of things she wanted to do. She already memorized her bucket list but first she called out to Allan. "Hey! Allan! how long are we staying here?"

"Two days I need to stock up on supplies, probably more manpower and it seems that the Madam wanted to sight see." Allan answered.

Insania looked towards Lainey and she squealed in delight, she then grabbed Insania's hand and dragged her away from the carriage.

'F*k She's strong! Is she really a Caster?' It reminded her of someone else who goes bonkers when shopping. Insania couldn't help but think about his big sis, who she looked up to all those years. These types of girls become surprisingly athletic when it comes to shopping. Her big sis back in highschool was also like this.

Insania was also happy though even though she might not look it when she got here, she almost slipped a tear after seeing those huge border walls that couldn't be found IRL.

She was stressed, those long hours of travelling made her extremely uneasy... Although they already knew that she was going commando, it made her too self conscious and embarrassed at her predicament... Onille has thick skin but she just couldn't ignore their weird glances and Mal's perverted eye sockets.

"Lainey! slow down! wait Its a cheap shop RIGHT?!" Insania hoped to all the gods despite being an atheist that Lainey will bring her somewhere cheap and manageable. Her thrifty personality overpowered her denial of religion.

"Nope... we're goin' to the best of the best!" Hearing this Insania turned ghostly pale. She looked behind and saw Hetir and Mal tag along, and they seem to be whispering something behind her back, but whatever it is, she doesn't really care.

The four walked through the busy and crowded streets filled with all sorts of people, mercenaries, workers and even the occasional nobles... They also went to some shops on the sides of the streets. Insania couldn't reject the persistent Lainey who merrily bought all sorts of food, Insania was perplexed because Lainey was using her money!

'I DON'T EVEN WANT ANYTHING T_T' Insania internally cried bricks. From behind Insania though, Hetir lightly shook her head and sighed.

"Don't act so surprise... Ever since you came back Lainey has been like that... You just look too much alike... I got worried about her and told her that the person she wants you to be is already gone..."

"Yeah ... I know I'll never be her, to you Im just a beastkin hybrid... But spending time like this with you guys... I'll deeply cherish it." Insania said as a smile formed on her face, then it was instantly changed into a frown as her sights landed on Lainey who was wantonly buying a months worth of street food. "LAINEY!" Insania screamed as she rushed towards the stall where Lainey is.

"*Sigh* Sometimes I wish you didn't come back... Even if Lainey would get mentally broken and depressed again, its much better than giving her this false hope." (Hetir)

"You know... I strongly disagree, even though Im a pervert I never actually had a crush on Lisa... Do you know why? because even though they look alike I know they aren't the same person, And Lainey should be fully aware of that too." (Mal)

" Im glad you finally came clean, but it just bothers me you know... Lainey was so depressed when Lisa died back then that she didn't even eat for five days... what do you think would happen if Insania decides to just leave the quest she took and disappear? We'll never be able to find her again." (Hetir)

" Maybe so, I don't know how long she'll be with us but haven't you asked yourself why Lainey mourned for far longer than us? It wasnt because of grief or guilt. No I think its because of regret... Lainey couldn't do the things she promised to Lisa back then and all she got was a traumatizing memory, I don't just believe that... I actually heard it... Before we got ambushed and reduced to half." Mal softly said.

"So are you telling me... She's using Insania as a scapegoat... to fullfil her promise to our diseased friend? wouldn't that just make her get attached to Insania more? and make the goodbyes more painful?" (Hetir)

"I don't know but I just think this is her own way of saying goodbye to her and letting those painful memories finally go." (Mal)

" Why are you two getting intimate again? Come and eat up! these are all my treat!" Lainey ran back to the two with all sorts of tasty street foods.

"How shameless! Thats my money! How dare you credit yourself!" Insania jumped at Lainey from behind grabbed her with one hand and tickled her with the other.

"Kyaaa! Ahahah Ok! I! Kyahahaha! PLeaSE! I wont do it again. " Lainey rolled to the ground and got tickled to near death, the two made quite a scene, Insania's arm was going places, but its not like this is her first time... Even though Onille is a virgin that doesn't mean he hasn't had physical contact with the opposite sex. Although the lack of attention to his relationship might be the reason why he got cheated on in the first place.

" I just hope you're right Mal... Cause if Lainey's emotional state gets worse, Im afraid it'll be the end of this mercenary team." (Hetir)

Afterwards the four of them finally found a suitable cloth store, Mal stood outside 'cause its a female only shop.

Lainey, Hetir and Insania walked in and were greeted by a sales lady, Lainey whispered something to her ears and slightly giggled...

"Heeeey! That better not be the most expensive one!" Although she said that Insania already resigned to her fate... She couldn't stop Lainey at all. 'She's weirdly persistent and clingy today.'

"Fufu... Its not the most expensive in the store but I know you'll love it Insania!" Lainey giggled... Insania didn't buy her words one bit and inwardly prayed.

'God... if you're there... Please save my wallets from this monster'

A moment later, the sales lady told the trio to follow her to the dressing room. "Its all prepared inside, 10 sets of the jungle delight undergarments."

'Jungle delights?' Insania almost passed out and looked at Hetir beside her, She was clutching her face and holding in her laughter.

"Well? IN YOU GO!" Lainey on the other hand had a smile on her face and shoved Insania in the room, closing the curtains and finally letting Hetir laugh to her hearts content.

" I can hear you just fine you know!" Saying so Insania inwardly grumbled. What was laid bare before her were ten frilly panties and ten brassieres... 'God they weren't kidding... these are all nature themed undergarments.'

Tundra white, Savannah ivory brown, Rainforests dark green, Tropical yellow, theres even autumn red, spring warm green, summer gold, and silver winter... The seasons and its colors... 

'Wearing these are for the greater good, they're for the greater good! YES Im not A pervert! I SWEAR IM NOT! NO YOUR THE PERVERT!' Insania had a mental breakdown for a few minutes as she tightly held on the pair of undergarments.

...

Finally coming out Insania had a slightly pale face. Lainey was worried and asked.. "You look sick! did you not like the ones I ordered for you?"

"No its fine I was just surprised about the price" Insania lifelessly answered, her face lacking any color. Her shoulders constantly twitched.

"Sheessh... I knew you were stingy... But you're acting like a full blown scrooge... Stop stressing about coins too much and enjoy THE MOMENT!"

Insania thought for a bit and regained her color, looking back now... Hasn't she been stressing about money for long enough? Its one thing to be stingy in real life but being miserly inside the game too would mentally drive her insane faster than the Curse of Lust.

"You're right Lainey... I am a massive miser... and I can't change that about myself... So thats why... Just for today" Insania paused and took out gold coins and held it in between her fingers... "Just this once I'll close one eye and buy all the clothes that I might fancy today!"

"Kyaaaa! I hear A DRESS-UP!" Lainey screeched in pure delight and instantly went to look for dresses, costumes, or even comical attires.

"Is that alright though?" Insania asked aloud.

"It's fine... As long as you buy what you wear." The sales lady gave a warm smile... But to Insania, it looked like the most evil smirk she's ever seen.

'Oh no... What have I done' It was too late to take it back now... All she can do is enjoy this moment of being a dress-up doll and pay for everything she wears.

"I'll tell Mal we'll be here for a while." Hetir said and slowly walked out the store.

...

Hours passed and Insania and co finally got out of the store... Although she was sporting a different attire... She still wore some of her sets underneath like the skirt, shoes and her tight leather armor. Insania didn't want to ruin this blissful moment with thinking about her expenses... But no matter how hard she tried to push the thought out her mind, the urge to count her remaining coins was irresistible... not only did it make her furious, but it also made her consider therapy...

'Maybe I'll go relieve my issues someday... But today, I'll just treasure this moment.' She thought.

"Where to Mal?" Insania poked at the dozing Mal, and caught a hilarious reaction. Can't be helped, waiting for three girls to finish shopping is exhausting, Mal yawned and answered. "Where? Lets head back already."

Authors Note: [STRONGER! STRONGER! STRONGER!] hey lets play another game...

Can any of you guess what the Kingdom trait of the other kingdoms?

Mercenary Kingdom of Vandairu: ???

Kingdom of Music and Magic Nippon: ?

Theocratic Nation of Raylee: ???

ANYONE WHO CAN GUESS ONE OF THE THREE OTHER KINGDOM TRAITS WILL BECOME a character to muh Novel! and an Embodiment at that!

Embodiments are essential characters to my story, and you'll find out why once it reaches the tournament arc.

9