Chapter 37 – Forest Fire
4.1k 19 129
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Uhm…

 

*flip*

 

I was in the Kinai lord’s territory. Right on the border with the kingdom of Dazia. So, I was right at the direct edge of the southern border.

Where am I now?

I don’t know!

I’ll just go forward for now.

Honestly, for a “demon lord’s” territory, this place seemed far too normal. Just your run of the mill green forest. The only thing that stood out in particular was probably the weird insects and squirrel type things.

Wait. Releasing a hiss, the silkworm abomination jumped at the poor things neck.

 

I turned my back and continued moving, I saw nothing. It’s okay! I’m too big for these things anyway, I'll peacefully exit this forest!

 

*bite*

 

Pain echoed throughout my arm. Looking down, I saw an identical copy of that disgusting stick biting my arm right above the wool cuffs.

It stung, but no blood could be seen and a vile purple circle which began to slowly expand. This revolting insect poisoned me.

A small flame, kindled in my palm, quickly spreading until it roasted the bug alive. Picking the charred thing with my fingers I ate it. How does it feel?

 

*shudder*

 

Revenge was not worth damaging my tongue like this. It felt like jelly with rubber flavouring. Never again…

On the bright side, I guess it was a monster with a magic crystal inside it since the bruise-like circle began to slowly shrink.  Satisfied, I continued walking across the forest. Wait. Why were these bug things everywhere? I feel bad for the squirrel which got caught, these things were everywhere.

Concentrating on the flames in my palm, I tried to dispel it away from my body.

 

*Whoosh*

 

Did it work?

I think I could say it worked a little too well. The entire radius of trees and grass around me were wrapped tightly under a roaring orange blanket, violently spreading. I gasped at what I had created. A forest fire to eliminate the poisonous silkworm nests. Thankfully, being immune to the flames meant that my ability to traverse the cindered terrain wasn’t hindered. I could finally continue my relaxed journey through the Lordship!

As the flames continued to spread, I walked without loitering. Lost in thought, I considered whether the smoke would alert some sort of police or militia to come? They wouldn’t see me as a monster, right? Just a harmless sheep demi human who had nothing to do with this ‘little’ fire. My clothes had taken quite a hit from the fire though.

 

Looking at my arm, the poison circle was almost fully faded away. The venom itself was like an anaesthetic which made the affected area go numb. If it could be dealt with a simple fire though, why didn’t any of the locals deal with it? If they exist.

Most of the fire had died down by now, leaving charred trees, a black carpet and thick smoke and given the non-existent number of poisonous caterpillars, I think I successfully wiped out the nest. It was a shame the taste was too bad to not eat them thou-

 

A spear was held an inch away from stabbing my neck.

 

“Who are you?”

 

Exams are finally over, please vote on your desired upload schedule!
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
129