Chapter 75 – Battle With the Demon King
418 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Demon King charged at Lex, but he disappeared into the shadows, teleporting behind him out of harms way. 

He knew that the Demon King was far superior in strength and power than him, seeing how he destroyed his shadow clone leaders so easily and thus had decided to attack him indirectly.

Lex cast the Demon King's shadow on fire, but to his surprise, the Demon King he didn't even acknowledge it.

He used water, ice and lightning on the Demon King's shadow, but nothing seemed to work as the Demon King as he grabbed Morrigan with one hand, and Selene in the other, smashing both of them together, and crushing them with his hands back into shadows

In the meanwhile, Lex re-summoned the destroyed shadow clones that were being destroyed by the Shadow King, as well as replenish those all over the city that were destroyed in the battles with the other monsters. 

Usually having so many summons wouldn't be a drain on his mana because they could remain summoned without using mana, but each time he summoned them afresh would require mana.

Although it was only a small amount of mana to re-summon those shadow clones so far, it was enough to make him take notice. He knew he had to wear down the Demon King with his leaders, so he was conserving to try to last as long as he could. 

The leaders were being killed nearly as fast as Lex could summon them again, but he was noticing that slowly, they were lasting longer. 

As for Lex himself, he was using the techniques from the Sword God like "Cut" and his own technique he derived called "Stab" on the Demon King's shadow, as that was the only attack that seemed to cause him pain, though not causing any actual damage thus far. 

"Aaaah" the Demon King yelled, before taking out most of the leaders in a single swipe and he charged at Lex

Suddenly, a huge mountain seemed to smash through buildings and land between the Demon King and Lex, creating a barrier. 

It was the Stone elemental, now crushed to rubble.

"Who?" the Demon King said before Arthur and Camelot crushed into him with their full might. 

To Lex's surprise and disappointment, the shadow knights were smashed back to shadow as they hit the Demon King's body with their full weight.

But they didn't stop and all 30 of them were completely wiped out in that very attack!

But they did manage to knock him off his feet. Lex ran and vaulted off the dead earth elemental and landed on the Demon King's face, shoving his sword Duramir into one of the Demon King's eyes.

To Lex's shock, his sword was deflected off the very surface of the Demon King's eyeballs and he quickly teleported away as the Demon King slapped his own face, trying to smash Lex. 

Lex came out of the shadows and was surprised that the Demon King was already charging him.

The Demon King got up in a flash and guessed correctly where Lex would come out from, which was the safest place still within eyesight. 

He was not the Demon King for no reason, and had millennia of battle experience, far more than Lex had. 

He smashed his fist at Lex, who barely managed to dodge as the pieces of rock and sand cut him all over. 

While his hand was in the ground, the Demon King opened his hand and swiped the ground, digging up rocks and sand, all slamming into Lex who hadn't completely gotten away yet. 

"Aaah" Lex yelled as he turned to give his back, and was peppered with rocks and pebbles that felt he was being stoned.

His head, back and butt were filled with holes and covered in blood from the simple attack from the Demon King.

The Demon King moved to finish him off for good when a beam of light hit him from the side, causing him to block his face.

"You again!" the Demon King said, seeing Theresa had rejoined the fight. 

He blocked his face with his wings and grabbed her with his left hand. 

Theresa screamed in pain as he squeezed. 

Lex watched helplessly, trying to re-summon his shadow clone leaders again

But before he could do anything, Theresa committed suicide and exploded

"Nooo!" Lex yelled as the white light from her body covered the area, causing the Demon King to scream in pain. 

Lex had to face away and cover up, as the light was so bright, it was blinding!

"Lex!" he heard a familiar voice and opened his eyes as Princess Angelica got to the ground next to him. 

She started taking off his shirt and pants, healing while removing the rocks and pebbles 

"What.. what are you doing here?" Lex asked

"I...I heard you were here and..." she said before they both heard a loud roar

"You... insects...." the Demon King said. He was still alive!

However, he looked in a bad state, with much of his black skin torn away, his horns broken and his wings ruined. He only had his right arm left as his left hand was incinerated holding Theresa's body. 

Before he could charge at Lex, suddenly a dragon swooped in using it's flame breath to burn the Demon King before landing on him. 

"What is this, another betrayal?" the Demon King yelled, throwing the Red Dragon aside as if it were a house cat. 

Another dragon, this time the black one used his lightning breath on the Demon King, and landed on him. 

Several more dragons, another red one and two blue ones flew down and like vultures eating a carcass, they started trying to rip the Demon King apart with their claws and fangs. The first red dragon joined in as well after recovering in an instant. 

Morgan was seen levitating in the distance, manipulating the dead dragons.

However, even with one hand, the Demon King ripped the throat off the closest dragon, biting through it's indestructible scales like they weren't there. 

Freeing his right hand, he punched the black dragon that was on his chest, creating a dent in the dragon's chest. He grabbed a blue dragon and squeezed its throat while kicking a red dragon in its face. 

Suddenly 100 banshees flew down from the sky, flying right into the Demon King's chest, all using their death touches. 

But like with Morrigan, they all perished without even passing through his body. 

Lex had decided not to resummon his shadow clones for now. He had to save his mana for his final attack, and his shadow clones were not effective against the Demon King anyway. 

Angelica was healing his wounds as she removed all the rocks and stones embedded in his back, and had removed his ruined clothes, leaving him naked besides his boots. 

By now, the Demon King had already destroyed the 5 dragons and had grabbed Morgan in his remaining hand

"Even you... my lich... are serving this... Shadow King?" he asked

"My master will make sure you wish you were never spawned" Morgan replied

*Splat* the Demon King crushed her to shadows with his hand.

He looked around, over the rooftops of the remaining building. His large monsters were nowhere to be seen. His ground troops were fighting evenly against a smaller army of these shadow beings that looked like succubi, vampires and werewolves

Then he looked at Lex with great anger. This was supposed to be an easy victory against these weaklings. But this... Shadow King has ruined it all!

But Lex was composed as he stood naked, with Angelica stripped in front of him. He looked at the Demon King and smiled

That smile infuriated him so much the Demon King charged madly. 

Lex help Angelica's hips and inserted his cock. 

Angelica felt energy much more than she's felt before. Her eyes glowed and she extended her hands. 

Before when Lex did this in the dungeon, he hadn't yet broke into Xiantian. When he dual cultivated with her as a low xiantian, she progressed from Level 3 to 5 in mere days. When he dual cultivated with Theresa as a low xiantian, she progressed to level 7 in a week. 

But after doing so, Lex had progressed himself to Mid level Xiantian! The power he now could channel into Angelica was so much more than he could as a low level xiantian, and he didn't use this technique in battle with her at this level!

A white beam, just as powerful as Theresa could cast, was blasted from her hands at the Demon King

The Demon King screamed as his skinless flesh sizzled and smoked, but he gritted his teeth and continued moving forwards

This Shadow King must die today he vowed

Suddenly, the sky got dark in an instant as dark clouds seemingly appeared out of nowhere. 

Lex had been fighting non stop since leaving for Zentopia, and his shadow clones too were fighting endlessly, he had gained enough experience to level up!

Without warning, lightning crashed from the sky at Lex, but when he saw the clouds, he knew what to do. 

Although the lightning was much more powerful than his earlier two promotions, he had experienced this level before as Quan Yu, and once he knew he had an outlet, he instantly used the energy and channeled it to Angelica.

Unlike when they were dual cultivating and the energy went in a loop to and fro each other, this time the much larger amount of energy was converted into the white beam she was shooting at the Demon King

The beam instantly intensified turning brighter than it was, and the Demon King screamed even more

Another lightning strike, then another, up to 9 strikes in total struck Lex and he channeled it to Angelica

The beam kept getting brighter until they had to close their eyes and even the Demon King stopped screaming. 

Angelica just let the energy flow through her, afraid she might explode with so much energy if she stopped even for an instant. 

Finally, the lightning stopped, though Lex and Angelica had to continue another 15 minutes. 

Sensing that the Demon King was gone, Lex had Angelica release an area of effect blast covering the whole city!

Finally, Angelica collapsed, and though Lex wanted to catch her, he didn't have strength himself and fell to his knees. 

He looked up, and the Demon King was gone!

But next to him, he saw a white figure. She looked ethereal like a ghost, but had a peaceful smile on her face

"Theresa?" he said and reached out his hand

His eyes were blurry and he had to hurry. With the last bit of mana, he used his shadow clessone ability on her

With the last bit of his mana used, he collapsed to the ground

A whisper escaped his lips 

"Saintess"

13