Chapter 3 – A task
2.5k 13 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Robert-sama let me become a personal maid of Elaine-sama that I accept on my own. Being a maid of an noble seems to be not that hard. They just order me to do this and that, and after I finish the task I can freely rest until they give me another task.

Though it's exhausting doing house work, but I need to do this because the lord give me a place to stay! Well everything is going all fine until I got summon by Robert-sama in his office.

"Lilith, I have an important task for you. You will be assassinating the man called Philip."

"... What?"

Wait, wait wait! I don't want to be a murderer yet! Why must I kill a human same as me?! Well I'm not a human anymore so does it still counts?

"Robert-sama... Uhm... I'm just a personal maid of Elaine-sama... So I think that's a little rough for me..."

"Hm? Are you disobeying my orders!?"

"Ah no... Can you at least tell me the reason why..?"

There's must be a reason for him to hire someone to assassinate an another person.

"A reason? Of course I have! That bastard is kidnaping woman and selling them as a slave. I, a country lord will not still silent if someone who is kidnaping my citizens!"

So... That's his reason... In my previous life I sometimes read novels and manga, and some of the parts is a slave getting use as they pleased and if they're getting bored at that woman they just kill them and throw them in the trash like some kind of garbage or resell them.

Before getting here, was I also almost getting sell as a slave? If his guards didn't save me I might become a slave of someone... I don't like that...

"So Lilith... What's your answer?"

"... Give me the location."

"Very well... This is his location. Make it faster so no one in his guard will caught you."

"..."

After taking the location of the slave dealer, I head there as soon as possible.

Alpha... Is it alright for me to do this kind of thing?

<<Answer: It depends on you>>

... Is it alright for a demon to kill a human?

<<Answer: It depends>>

...

After that I finally arrive at the slave dealer's mansion. There were guards guarding the front gate, it's nothing looks like a guards... It's looks more like a bandits guarding while others are inside...

I walked slowly on them and later on they notice me.

"Hey you! What are you doing in the middle of the night?"

I didn't answer them and continue to walk forward.

"Answer me!"

As I ignore and approach them, they start to take out their weapons. 

"If you don't stop right there, wi-"

After he finish his sentence, I use the shadow to create spike piercing their heart. 

"Wha..."

They seems to be still alive so I used the shadow to create a scythe and finished them. And I continues to enter the mansion.

As I walk towards the slave dealer, there was lots of people trying to stop me but ended up killing them. What is this feeling?

And finally I arrive at the door which lead me to the slave dealer Philip. I open the door and saw him sitting in his chair with a lots of woman with collar standing in the side naked.

"Who... Who the hell are you!? Guards! Take her down!"

The 2 guards with him charge at me as I swing my scythe and splitting their body in half.

"Eeek!"

I approach him with a murderous intent on me.

"You... Do you know who I am? I'm Philip Sweeward! The lord of the country will execute you if you kill me!"

So this guy is using Robert-sama's name to frighten the others while he was enjoying him self with all of his money and the slaves he caught. Well let's put an end on this.

"S-stay back! Didn't you hear what I say?! I said I'm-"

"I know who you are... And the lord him self order me to end you."

"Robert did?! Lies! You just spouting nonsense! There's no way Robert will-"

As he speaks I end him by swinging my scythe and cutting his head off his body. But why don't I feel anything when killing a human? 

Alpha...

<<What is it Shizuka-sama?>>

Why can't I feel anything when I'm killing humans..?

<<Answer: It might be because you are now a demon>>

Is that so...

After killing the slave dealer and his guard, I return to the mansion quickly and meet Robert-sama. He praises me of my work, and let me rest for today. As the day has passed I tried to forget that I ever do that, but I somehow can't...

It feels like I want more... Is this because I'm a demon..? Or maybe this demon's body I am currently possessing is originally a murderer... Well let's just continue try to forget and continue my work as a maid.

I entered Elaine-sama's room and she seems to be waiting for me.

"Oh you're here Lilith."

"Elaine-sama is something wrong?"

"Tomorrow is the day I will be going to school in the country of Avalon."

Wait that mean Elaine-sama will be leaving home and going to the country called Avalon? Wait where's exactly is Avalon?

"Is that so..."

Well it seems that this will be the last time I will be seeing Elaine-sama... Well I'm just a maid...

"Hm? You seem sad?"

"It's because you are leaving... So..."

"What are you talking about? You are coming too you know."

"... Eh?"

And after that I ask Robert-sama what is the meaning of all of this, and he explain it. It seems that he wants me to go to the school where Elaine-sama is going too, so I can understand something about this world.

74