The Early Years – Kira 2
2.7k 16 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

How the girl became a leader

 

A succubus spends the majority of their time alone, as they will almost always live a solitary life. In a small home on top of a long-dormant volcano, a little succubus was rising to greet another day. Opening her eyes, she could see the hundreds of small figurines she had made. These were the various creatures she often fought in her dreams and the weapons on the walls were ones that she had carefully designed.

 

The house had gotten a bit dirty after the last storm, and Rex had cleaned it up since he slept on her floor. After that storm, the two had made glass panes and installed a window and a wooden door. It made her home a lot cozier and warm, Kira liked looking out the clear glass into the town. Small glass marbles had also been made and she kept them in a little bag, Rex had the bad habit of stepping on them by accident.

 

Looking at the blonde boy sleeping in the corner clutching a book, Kira had a troubled expression.

 

The mamas had been gone for months now. It was the longest that she had been alone without another succubus with her, and oddly, it was the most fun she had ever had. Looking around what was a once-empty house, she could now see the things the two had made everywhere. Her little home was so full now that the boy barely had space to sleep.

 

Kira could remember crafting every item, and the various discussions the two would have when they were sitting around waiting. The goal of industry was to allow anyone to participate in the process, and everything Rex taught her was really easy. Standing up, she stretched out her limbs. Stretching her arms towards the ceiling, she sneaked over to the boy and looked at him closely.

 

If he had proper horns, and a beautiful tail, he might pass as a male succubus. It would be the only one in existence. Kira had never seen any creature like Rex before, she had heard of similar ones though. They weren't as weak as he was though, some were much stronger. Giants were a nearly extinct race, they had the same physical characteristics though. The giant's offspring while not as big, was still about 12 feet tall. They were also incredibly strong, but all of those races were near extinction.

 

Reaching down, she gently shook him awake.

 

“Hmm?” He grunted half awake.

 

“It's time to bake bread!” Kira announced to him as she kept poking him with her tail.

 

Kira had recently started running the exchange, and the bread he baked was even more popular than her mother's! The secret seemed to be adding rotten food to it, Kira would never have guessed that food got better the more rotted it was. She had tried to bring Rex these foul-smelling delicacies, but he just smiled and told her not to do that anymore. She was just trying to be helpful...

 

Rex finally opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling, this was the sign that Kira could stop poking now. Kira stood from her crouched position and walked around the various figurines to a large battleax. Lifting it confidently with one of her small arms she rested the shaft over her shoulder. She also had a bag she used to bring back anything she found, as well as soap for a bath.

 

Rex was stretching lazily as Kira walked out of the house, and closed the wooden door behind her. Last 3 or 4 months it had just been the two of them. Rex knew a lot about almost everything, and she had taken advantage of it.

 

Spreading her wings, and positioning her bag, she took to the air.

 

While Rex baked the bread she would train and gather things for him to eat. This had been their routine for a month now, and it was fun in its way. Most of the prisoners here were old and past their prime. No match for a succubus warrior like Kira! While she didn't have her charm yet, she had always been physically gifted.

 

Landing near the lake, she took up a stance with the poleaxe she carried. Kira had chosen the ax because Rex used one originally, it was a fun weapon. Her mother liked using a slim pair of daggers that could be thrown, but Kira liked her attacks to have an impact.

 

Whooosh! Thud!

 

The ax she swung had sliced through the trunk of a palm tree, sending it falling towards the ground. Kira used the momentum of the swing to spin herself forward, using three steps to cross 10 feet, and swung her ax again with more power.

 

Swoooooosh! Thud!

 

The ax was much quieter as it slid through the air, and the force was much greater, causing the tree to slightly push into the air. Rex had told her the weakness of a weapon like this was that you were vulnerable in between swings. The metal shaft was actually so the ax handle could be used to block. To address this issue Kira had found a different way,

 

Twirling her wrist, she was able to spin the ax rapidly in circles from the center. This caused a sliver circle to form around her from the swiftly spinning blade.

 

Swoosh! Swoosh! Swoosh! Thud! Creaaak! Thud! Thud!

 

As Kira walked forward with the spinning ax, she was able to cut down 3 trees that smacked into each other like dominos. Having great dynamic vision from flight, she was able to avoid any injury, by shuffling her little feet to get out of the way. Her dream had slowly been shifting as of late, she enjoyed this new life.

 

A lone succubus, valiantly providing for the one she cares about! After all, Rex was such a weak and pitiful creature. Wouldn't he die if Kira had not carefully taken care of him this whole time? Rex would be appalled to find out he had been relegated to a disabled friend in Kira's mind. He had been working out valiantly in an attempt to get stronger. Little did Kira know it was in an attempt to escape.

 

Finishing her training she had built up a sweat. Walking over to the lake, she planted her ax in the ground. She would know if any prisoners came due to her excellent vision. Reaching into her bag she grabbed her soap and a spare set of clothes.

 

She dived into the water with her clothes on and took them off in the water. To clean her clothes she would just wash with them, it was much easier to do it all at once. The soap was a new addition, and Kira had fallen in love with it. It made her skin and hair smooth!

 

Finished with her washing, she went back onshore. Slipping into her clean burlap clothes she felt ready for a new day. Her wet clothes would get hung behind her house in the sun on some vines. When Rex changed his clothes she would wash his as well with hers. Grabbing her backpack, she went towards the exchange. The door was locked, but she didn't use it anyway.

 

Going to the roof, she flew into the exchange and tossed her ax onto the ground in a corner out of sight. Her ax “Chopper” had been used to deal with quite a few pesky prisoners who tried to intimidate Kira. Rex had told her not to take shit from anyone! They were doing the prisoners a favor by running the exchange while the succubi were away.

 

Leaving her ax behind she took to the air and flew out of the ruined building. Holding the empty bag tightly she began to fly around to various trees and bushes, as she filled her bag up with various fruits. These would be Rex's rations for the day, and gathering his food always made Kira feel good. The mamas had just left, after all, it was the longest they were gone. Kira knew they had gone to the nearby cave to bathe in the warm water a lot, but Kira couldn't work up the motivation to fly away for two days.

 

Finished filling the bag, she made her way back to the top of the mountain. This was her morning routine now that she was running the exchange. They had run out of ore and Rex had sent Kira to run the exchange. Kira had been tested until she dreamed of ore by Rex, she had seen how much crap was mixed into their ore pile. She didn't realize how bad it was until she was making weapons every day, and had to remove lots of slag from the ore.

 

Kira even found ore that wasn't iron, some of it was just rocks with no ore at all. This had made Kira embarrassed in front of Rex countless times when he would show her a rock with a flat face. Kira had already decided she would talk to the mamas when they got back, this was affecting Kira's pride!

 

Looking down over her home, she could see Rex packing up the bread in a bag for her. Kira began to make her way down to the ground lazily. Working at the exchange was only for the ore that the two of them used, and to preserve the prisoners for the mamas. This had been Rex's idea after some prisoners had come looking for Kira. They were dying without the bread the succubi provided, too many of the plants here were poisonous to eat.

 

Rex had determined which plants were edible or not, Kira wasn't sure why the prisoners were so much stupider than him. The elves called themselves masters of the forest, yet they were all useless here. Carlog island had more poisonous plants than anywhere on the mainland, it could be considered a forbidden zone.

 

Rex looked up at her from the bag he finished filling, as she landed and put away her wings.

 

“Welcome back, how was the training?” He asked.

 

“It went well! I brought you food!” Kira said as she passed the bag to him after she fished her wet clothes and soap out.

 

Rex took the bag with a thankful look, as he began to dig through the fruits carefully.

 

“Only half is poisonous this time! Well done!” Rex said as he pats Kira's head.

 

She always felt so proud when he complimented her, it was a really good feeling! She couldn't stop herself from puffing out her chest and raising her head. Being appreciated was nice, Rex's hands were fairly soft as he didn't use tools all day.

 

“Alright, the bread is getting cold.” Rex said as he stopped, this made Kira feel a bit of loss.

 

“Okay.” Kira said with a slight pout as she ran behind her house.

 

A vine was turned into a drying rack that Kira put her clothes on with wooden clips. This would be dry when she got back. Running into her little house, she placed her wet soap into her black pot. This was the use she ultimately gave it, as she wanted to use it for something. She didn't want to use it to store anything that might damage it.

 

Walking back outside Kira waved goodbye to Rex before she hefted the large bag of bread and began to fly away. A second bag was waiting for her as well, but it would need to wait. Kira was limited in what she could fly with as a young succubus. Kira was really worried the mamas would be gone for several years, that wasn't a very long time for a succubus. Rex and Kira would both be grown up by then.

 

As Kira approached the exchange she could see the prisoners in an orderly line, this pleased her greatly. Kira didn't like them constantly fighting, so she had taught them a lesson. Most of the mamas just ignored the prisoners when they caused problems, Rex told her that was a bad idea. He told her she needed to be firm with them, it had initially made her nervous. The killing didn't bother her in the least, as she had no negative psychological reaction from it. A succubus was a predator through and through!

 

Kira flew in place, as she placed the bag of bread on a loose nail that stuck out from the second floor. She then flew back towards the mountain to get the second bag. Once the bags were gathered then she would officially start her business for the day. It was quite boring work for Kira, but it wasn't too bad.

 

Grabbing the second bag of bread, Kira began to make her way to the exchange. Today would be another long day!

 

-

 

It had been as boring as Kira thought it would be, the morning was the busiest time of the day. When it wasn't morning she only exchanged some ore once or twice an hour. The succubi had long made this place more comfortable for lounging behind the bars, but Kira didn't like to be that close. While her ax stayed by her side, she still didn't want to give the prisoners a chance to mess around.

 

Kira was interrupted from her thoughts when she could hear the sounds of wings and started looking around in the sky. She could see the mamas and a group of sisters lead by her Mother Kera. Kera had seen her daughter in the exchange from above and turned towards her with a group of her sisters.

 

“Kira, what are you doing here?” Kera asked her with a concerned look on her face.

 

Kira felt a pride burst up in her, the exchange was only ever run by the mamas. She also had a large pile of ore beside her, it was very pure as well. The bread was so loved by the prisoners they still traded ore, even though they had to trade purer ore now. She had done so well compared to the mamas!

 

Kira quickly began to tell her mother everything about how she had been running the exchange. At first, her mother was shocked. Kira told her about how she had been dealing with the prisoners, and that she had traded bread for ore. Kera was jealous when she saw the giant ore pile, she could never get the prisoners to produce that much in a day.

 

“How did you get the prisoners to work harder, Kira?” Kera asked.

 

Kira decided to just show her and handed her a piece of bread. The succubi bread had been hard and crunchy like a thick cracker. Rex had properly kneaded it and used yeast, this had made a much better bread. Many of these prisoners were old without the best teeth, Rex had quickly realized this. Kera's face went even sourer at this, Kira could only feel more pride.

 

“We improved the bread and I was careful to check all of the ore. We vastly improved the ore yield!” Kira said.

 

“Well done, Kira!” One of the succubi accompanying Kera said.

 

This was echoed by many others, contributions to the species must be recognized after all.

 

“Kira, where did you get that ax from?!” Kera had just noticed the poleaxe by her daughter's side, at first she thought it was a spear until she saw the blade.

 

The blade had no tool marks at all on it, she was fairly familiar with weapons. The quality was really good.

 

Kira smiled brightly at this, as she had something else to be proud of!

 

“I made it! Rex showed me how!” Kira said brightly.

 

This statement caused the gathered succubi some shock, and Kira felt even more proud. This had been one of the best days of her life so far. She had no idea why her mother and so many sisters came, but it was quite fun to show off. Kira then spent the last several hours telling her mother everything that she had experienced over the last few months.

 

She had made so many different things, pottery, soap, weapons, tools, paper, and so many other things. Every single day had been interesting before they had run out of ore. They had been constantly making different weapons or tools to make more things. Kira had gotten in the habit of just following along as she would still learn things along the way. Rex had tried explaining chemicals to her, but she couldn't get past the fact that the air was made of little balls.

 

Because atomic theory was the limits of her mind that were as far as they got. Rex abandoned the idea of teaching her what the reactions did, and used her as a walking hazmat suit.

 

Some of the succubi had come to admire Kira's ax, and she showed it off with pride. Her training helped her flourish it proudly in front of her sisters, as she spun it around in front of them. Everything was going so well!

 

-

 

Kira was holding Rex in her arms, he was currently unconscious. When he had kissed her she felt the sweetness of his life force as it began to enter her. She put her hands on his shoulders and immediately pushed him away. She didn't even think before she had reacted. Everyone was being so mean to him, how was he supposed to know they were all going to come back today?

 

Kira had tears in her eyes as she looked at Rex's wasted frame. The loss of life force had not affected his life span and had only drained his physical vitality. She was fast enough to separate from him or he would probably have had permanent life loss.

 

Kira had a feeling that started to boil in her heart, it was a feeling she didn't like. Looking around, all of the gathered succubi had been silenced when Rex confidently kissed her, and even Kera was shocked. It was obvious that she hadn't expected this reaction from the boy, and she could tell she had hurt Kira. How could Kera have expected the boy to not even hesitate and almost kill himself?

 

Right now she was looking at Kira dumbfounded on how to explain her actions, it was clear she was being blamed for it. She had been jealous that they had come up with better bread than her, it was originally just playing around! Kera looked at the strange creature in Kira's arms and a thought went through her head.

 

What an insane creature!

 

While some of them had certainly been angry, it was Kera's daughter. She had to lead them for almost 200 years after all.

 

“Mother, I think I can lead the succubi better than you can.” Kira said this flatly to Kera.

 

Kera looked at her daughter in shock as her jaw dropped again.

 

“I ran the exchange for the last month, did you know that the bread that you came up with was awful.” Kira started stating her grievances. “A lot of the ore we have collected over the last few hundred years, that wasn't even mostly ore.”

 

When her sisters got angry, she had stood in front of Rex without even thinking of it. The feeling in her chest wouldn't go away unless she did something about it. Her dreams had always been to be on the front lines like so many other succubi. She always dreamed of what those enemies would look like and she had tried to give them form as a hobby. But right now, her sisters and mother felt like that enemy she had always imagined.

 

Why did you have to do that?! Why?! Did him continue to exist cause you harm? So what if he made a mistake?

 

“The prisoners don't even respect us, do we really control this island?” Kira said to her mother, but she wasn't done. “If the elves or the beastmen find us, then we are doomed. Do you even have any kind of real plan?”

 

This was the first thing Rex taught her, to do anything you need to have a plan. He always put his on papers or kept them in his head. He emphasized that a plan was the difference between a dream and reality.

 

Kira looked to see that Kera had a flat face as she looked back at her. Kira already knew that she had no idea what to do in this situation, looking around none of them did. They were one of the original members of the demon races that came to this world. They were now the minority, and the demons mainly consisted of races that came from this world.

 

This entire island was filled with a dense life force. It was a shocking amount that no city could ever contain. This caused the island to be very attractive to a succubus, and it was the main reason it had significance to them. The succubi didn't have a true homeland, it was something they wanted but couldn't grasp. They were forced to live like parasites, and this place had significance as a place to raise the next generation.

 

Kira moved her eyes to the tonfa gun that Rex had made, he said that this had been a toy. Kira knew better than anyone else that he had been trapped here this entire time. This was a toy he had made from just the dirt and rocks around him. Kira had asked him about anything and everything, and there was nothing he couldn't answer. Just what would a great weapon that he made look like?

 

Kera on the other hand was trying to hide her fright right now, she had a feeling that she knew where this was going. The succubi had a really interesting right to determine leadership. Any succubus could challenge the current leader if they felt that they would do a better job, if they failed they would pay with their life. This could only happen if the current leader accepted their challenge.

 

What Kera had never told Kira was the dirty side of the succubi, if Kera didn't accept it then Kira would be exiled. Right now Kera was desperately trying to figure out what to say to turn this situation around. First, the boy had been suicidal, this was not her fault, but how did her adorable little daughter catch this contagion to?!

 

“Mother, I can lead the succubi better than you.” Kira said flatly.

 

Looking around all of the succubi's eyes were now on Kera, she didn't even need to look around. She kept on a flat face, but inside she was screaming at the top of her mental lungs. She had always told Kira stories of the succubi traditions in hope that she would be a good succubus. Now, this was coming back to bite her firm ass!

 

Kira, what happened to you?!

 

Technically there was no age requirement to lead the succubi several leaders took charge while they were still kids. Kera now had two options in front of her, support Kira and pray she succeeds or exile her. Kera being the doting parent she was, could only make a single choice.

 

“Then I will support you.” Kera answered Kira who had a look of shock.

 

If Kera didn't have to watch her appearance, she would grab that little creature and scream at it. It was his fault that Kera had never told Kira! This was something Kera was convinced of! She smiled at Kira but was secretly grinding her teeth as she tried to figure out what to do. Kira would never know until much later that she had forced Kera's hand.

 

Kera would need a reason for all of this though to explain to the sisters around her, how could she tell any of them that it was solely due to her being unable to exile her daughter? She had just come home and she felt like she was being robbed dammit! Why is that male creature getting all the pity from Kira, that should be her!

 

I will need to make up some bullshit to convince the other sisters... I will just say I was deeply moved by their kiss!

 

Rex would never know that this was the real reason that Kera treated him like shit and that she supported Kira because she was a bad leader. Kera could never put anything before her daughter. It was going to be very embarrassing when Kira became the leader, and Kera had to spill the succubi's dirty secrets. Who would tell their daughter about all of the succubi's dirty laundry when they were a child?!

 

Little did Kera know that her daughter would be one of the most well know succubi in the history of their race and that the scene of their kiss would also become a part of their history. That tens of thousands of years from now a statue would exist of two kids next to a small pond. The two of them would be sharing a kiss, only Kera would have ever thought the two of them were suicidal! She felt like she had been forced along for the ride! She never truly forgave Rex, and always found a reason to tail whip him!

73