Chapter 8 training day
1.7k 9 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucy awoke to gentle rays of purple light coming in through the window, she blinked, surprised by the contrast of color. The smell of coffee and bacon filled her nose, she smiled softly. 

Yawning and stretching she climbed out of the large bed, juniper still sleeping, cuddled in a small pile of plushies. She headed towards the door before realizing there was no door, only a wall where it once was, starting to panic she leaned against the wall and to her surprise it opened up to the large balcony and spiral staircase. 

She giggled softly at her silly over reaction knowing Nikki had no ill intentions towards her and followed the smell of breakfast being cooked down the stairs to the kitchen they had dinner in last night. She tapped on the wall and it opened before stumbling into the kitchen. 

Nikki looked up from the table, smiling at her. “Would you like some coffee? Maybe some milk? We have a big day ahead of us.” 

Lucy smiled and nodded “coffee please! With milk and sugar!” Nikki chuckled “The works huh?” She snapped her fingers and a mug flew towards Lucy then gently settled on the table in front of her before filling itself with a splash of milk, sugar and coffee. 

Lucy grinned and took a quick sip, relishing in the warm bittersweet taste. “So what’s the plan for today?” She asked looking up from her mug. Nikki smiled before gesturing towards two backpacks filled to the brim with supplies. 

“Training day sweet kitten, we’ll be going to the haunted hollow forest.” Lucy gulped. “Haunted?” She asked with a scared look in her eyes. Nikki laughed “no it’s not really haunted, it’s called that because of all the feral monsters that make their nests in the deeper parts of the forest.” 

She smiled before continuing “don’t worry we won’t be going that far in.” Lucy let out a relived sigh before finishing off her coffee. Nikki snapped her fingers and two plates flew towards them with steaming hot bacon and egg sandwiches. “Hurry and eat we’ll need to leave soon.” She smiled softly at Lucy as they both started eating.

Finishing their food and quickly getting dressed in jeans, T-shirts’ and hiking boots, the two girls exited the manor. Lucy took a deep breath of clean, fresh air before looking up in wonder at the sky. 

The sun was bright purple and colored the atmosphere in a similar hue. “Wow!” Lucy whispered. It was less chilling than the blood red and dark purple of the night but still gave her an uneasy feeling, looking up into the sky. 

“Hold my hand honey.” Nikki said softly gesturing towards the cat girl. She obeyed and as soon as she touched her hand they were whisked away into that nauseating void. A few seconds passed and they materialized on the outskirts of a large, dark looking forest. “Stay beside me and don’t wander off.. it’s dangerous okay?” Nikki whispered to the smaller girl. 

They started walking into the forest, going deeper and deeper until it began to get dark, the large canopy of branches and leaves blocking out most of the light. Small, eerie looking fairies with ghost white skin, razor sharp teeth and bulging red eyes zoomed around their heads, cackling and pulling at their hair. 

Nikki glared at them before snapping her fingers and firing a bright red orb into one of the trees, burning halfway through the trunk. “Get away you little pests or next time I’m aiming at you!” The fairies froze before glaring at her then zooming away shouting out curses and hissing at them. 

Lucy giggled and looked up at Nikki. “So what are we doing first?” Nikki smiled before instructing Lucy to sit down crisscrossed facing towards a tree. “Close your eyes and concentrate, imagine a ball of energy in your chest and with each breath imagine it flowing through your body, allll the way down to your fingertips.” 

She did as Nikki instructed and felt an odd sensation building deep inside her, she imagined the sensation traveling down towards her right hand before yelping in surprise as a large ball of blue light begin to grow slowly from the tips of her fingers. 


Nikki made a happy little squeak letting the cat girl know she was proud of her. “Okay now concentrate, hold it there for a few seconds then direct it towards the tree. Imagine all that energy releasing at once from your hand.” 

Lucy did as she was told and as soon as the ball of energy flew from her finger tips she was knocked backwards two or 3 feet, her back hitting hard against the trunk of another tree. She yelped and Nikki ran to her side. “Are you okay?” She asked concern in her voice. 

Lucy groaned before speaking up. 


“I..I’m fine I think.” Nikki excitedly helped the smaller girl up before pointing towards the tree she had fired at. The entire thing was burnt to a crisp, blue flames engulfing the trunk before it collapsed and fell to the ground, burning into a small pile of ashes. “Oh my god!! Good job Lucy! And on your first try!!” Nikki beamed smiling at her. Lucy smiled back before falling to the ground, absolutely exhausted. 

48