Chapter 9 Prodigy
1.6k 5 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day continued on like this, with Lucy concentrating and firing different destructive elements at the trees. Each time taking a long rest to build up her energy again. By the end of the day she could fire three balls of blue flame effortlessly without collapsing from exhaustion. 

So far she could only handle one bolt of lightning as it seemed to sap her energy up the most. Nikki taught her a non-lethal stun spell which Lucy was able to use continuously without tiring. By the end of the day they were both exhausted and dirty from spending so much time in the forest. 

“We can camp here, I brought sleeping bags and food.” Nikki says smiling as she lights a small fire and begins digging through her pack. She hands Lucy some dried fish and a baggie of mixed fruit and nuts. She pulls out some dried jerky for herself as well as a similar baggie of fruit and salted almonds. They both begin to eat and settle down by the fire, talking and laughing throughout the night. Finally drowsiness takes over both of them and they settle down in their sleeping bags, slowly drifting to sleep. 

A low eerie growl awakens Lucy, it still seems to be nighttime as she stirs in her sleeping bag, yawning and looking around. Her blood freezes as she sees a large creature, crouched down nearby chomping on bones of a desecrated deer, it’s limbs thrown around and ripped off, its rip-cage torn open oozing blood everywhere, organs and intestines scattered and thrown about hanging off tree branches, like the creature was playing with it as it ripped the poor deer apart. 

Lucy noticed the fairy’s from earlier, their corpses laid out on the ground in a circle around the creature, their limbs and little bodies torn to pieces. It let out an ear splitting screech that echoed throughout the forest making Nikki jolt awake. 

She gaped, gasping at the creature which in turn caused it to slowly turn around. It stood up on its hind legs. It’s face covered in many red glowing eyes and a thick set of razor sharp jaws. It’s mouth begin to snarl into a sinister smile, it’s torso twisting around in a circle like a clock. 

It stretched its many limbs , six arms raising into a prayer position as if it expected the two women to worship it. Then it charged towards them, screeching and snarling. Nikki jumped up just in time, dodging the first slash of the creatures claws, she grabbed Lucy , ducking and rolling them to the other side of the camp. 

The creature slashed and clawed their sleeping bags into nothing but a pile of shredded fabric. It began to charge towards them as they started to run, Nikki throwing balls of fire at the creature which only seemed to piss it off more. 

“What the fuck is that thing!?” Lucy screamed as they ran further into the forest. Panting Nikki replied “it’s.. it’s a fucking Jötūn! A Norse demigod!” They continued running, the fierce Jötūn snarling and screeching as it swiftly chased them. 

“We..we have to fight it! We can’t keep running!” Nikki screamed. The two girls spun around, energy coursing through them. Lucy started firing a volley of stun spells at the creature making it slow down while Nikki continued blasting it with fireballs. 

Slowly their combined spells begin to eat away at the creatures thick hide, making it screech and howl in pain. It continued stalking towards them, crouching down, ready to pounce on its prey. Lucy screamed as it slashed through her leg, causes deep lacerations. She begin to sob as pain and anger filled her, suddenly she summoned her last remaining bit of energy and put her hand up. 

A terrifying bolt of lightning shot from her hand striking the creature point blank in the head. It’s skull exploded and blood rained down all over them, splattering the forest floor. It collapsed, headless and lifeless, the forest once again returned to its dark, eerie soundless quiet. 

Both women slumped back, breathing heavily and before Lucy could even catch her breath she squeaked as Nikki scooped her up, kissing her on the lips deeply and passionately. Lucy kissed her back surprised at the sudden affection Nikki was showing her. 

They continued kissing for several moments before Nikki broke the kiss. “You saved us.” She whispered. “A..and I think I love you.” Lucy blushed deeply then smiled. “I..I think I love you too.” She said softly. 

50