7- Thinking with my head
595 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A lasting silence.

The oncoming of a maelstrom.

Liu Xun has never been the center of attention before in his life — and this was definitely not one good reason for it.

All Liu Xun wished he could do was to quickly stash this sword and run back home. Unfortunately, everyone had already heard his name on the broadcast system. There was no escape.

Meanwhile, the great ones were creating blue boxes.

The Million Suns is laughing at your predicament.

The Most Ancient One sighs at his friend's hobbies.

The Azure Luan of Xishan looks at you with surprise.

The Thousand Deceivers is interested in you.

The Blood Corpse Fiend stares at you.

I hope Senior Million Suns is at least being entertained with this mess. Wait a minute, why are there three other great ones here? Were they subscribed, or — System, check subscriber number.

[Number of subscribers in the channel: 3]

!!

Liu Xun could feel fear slowly creeping around him.

The great ancient ones are less likely to come down to this lower realm. This means that there are at least three other system users in a 20-mile radius!

Three other rivals!

Liu Xun slowly shifted his eyes towards one corner, staring at the young dainty lady in a light pink gown. No surprise, she is staring right back.

Could one of these great ones be the creator of Muyue's system?

The young beauty continued to look at Liu Xun without speaking a word. Her crystal blue eyes were clouded as if she were deep in thought.

"Ahaha, Brother Liu Xuan! I have never known you were such a steadfast man. You could barely hold your fingers back from using your gift! This Mushang admires your spirit! I was getting worried when you were being quiet in one corner, but it looks like it is just my foolishness."

Walking over with a smile, the young sword cultivator patted Liu Xun's back.

It is not mighty courage, this is abuse! One where I was given a gift, but not of my free will!

"Amazing, a Yin Serenity! I have never seen one of these before. It is a pity that such a sword has no fate with males like me or you. What are your plans? Brother Mushang here will do his best to help you."

Perhaps the only good thing that happened is that Mushang here apparently seems to bear goodwill. On the other hand, Ruanfeng was already steaming with visible jealousy. Liu Xun does not even need the system notice to know that.

Ahaha, it is a shame about the meal and occasion. But it is better that I start fleeing to a safer place while strangers are still unfamiliar with my face!

"Thank you Brother Mushang for your compliments. This little one was just lucky to find something decent with my gift. It is a shame about the food, but this one thinks it is best he takes his leave."

Liu Xun quickly stood up from his seat. He grabbed the silver-white sword with one hand, stuffed it into his rucksack and make a quick turn towards the door.

--

"Wait one moment, young brother."

A gentle soothing voice echoed from above.

Floating down from three stories above was a fairy dressed in silken green garments. She had a small oval face with fine features and a small but beautiful birthmark just below her lips.

Liu Xun was immediately brought to full alert. Hidden dangers are unavoidable, but one coming to right to the face would scream of immediate trouble.

"This one's name is Qin Yeqian. Dear sir has been very fortunate with your talent, this one is impressed. Looking at how this sword is not fated to be your partner, would you fancy a trade with this young miss?"

Calling a system a talent must be one of the most considerate opinions. Many people would just address it as a gift or a cheat.

Trading is very beneficial for Liu Xun. He could get something useful for his cultivation, unlike a certain pretty but useless sword. However, this does not solve the issue that trouble could come knocking any second.

"Hold on there, Brother Liu Xun. Muyue is also very interested in your new weapon. Would you like to trade with me instead?"

The dainty lady at the one side of the room was no longer on her seat, she too has come forward to Liu Xun.

Being surrounded by two fairies with exquisite beauty, many men would die for such a chance. Their perfume fragrances were also bombarding Liu Xun at close proximity, making him rather light-headed. Liu Xun, himself, would be elated at such a scene if not for the context.

The context.

Competing trade offers from two fairies of immense popularity who had higher cultivation than him.

Hundreds of potential admirers behind them who would probably rob him if he refuses.

Thousands more lurking behind like an oriole stalking its prey.

Liu Xun pulled off a stiff helpless smile.

"Oh Miss Muyue, as much as I would like to concede this to you. This lady has a severe need for this sword. How about we see whose offer can satisfy this young hero?"

Qin Ye Qian said with a gentle smile.

However, Liu Xun could tell from the determined look in her eyes that it was just sophistry. She was not going to give way easily.

It seems like Muyue thought the same. Her peerless image was mired as her expression became rather stiff.

I would like to watch this incoming catfight of the century. But as a bystander, a member of the peanut gallery, not a participant!

--

Muyue gave a slight thought and offered, "This lady can give you all the cultivation resources that she has accumulated in the Liu Family. Do not look down on my humble background as a branch member. With my potential, the elders have given me plenty of pills, herbs, equipment, and scrolls. This will easily be enough for you to break through to the fifth stage of Qi Gathering in one to two years."

Qin Yeqian calmly listened to the young lass's words. She gave a light chuckle.

"This one is already a middle Essence Foundation cultivator of the 6th stage. This one cannot offer much, but she can give you this 'Purple Heaven Gathering Pill'. This pill is made with the lingering essences of a Core Formation cultivator along with many precious herbs, a rare and treasured cultivation pill for Essence Foundation cultivators. It can also allow any mortal to immediately breakthrough into the Qi Gathering realm with no backlashes. The essence will also remain in one's body for two to three months, the worst I have heard broke through to the sixth layer by the end. The geniuses? They have already entered the Essence Foundation realm in those three months."

"This is a pill reserved for large cultivating families so that their children can have a starting advantage in the cultivation pill. I have sacrificed quite a bit just to obtain one, I will offer this seeing as you lack the means to protect yourself after the trade. This pill can be consumed immediately under my supervision. That way, you won't have to suffer any future grievances. I know the pill is not worth as much and would like to give you more treasure, but other things that I offer may incite hostile intentions. I will let you form a connection with a strong Essence Foundation backer like me and would help you for as much trouble the sword is worth if I am able to."

Liu Xun was speechless. The entire pavilion was gasping with shock.

To be fair, anyone who heard her gracious offer would be speechless. The Frost Yin Serenity Sword was definitely worth more than a Purple Heaven Gathering Pill. She had also offered backing as well as a way out as a mortal.

There could be better offers out there, but that depends on whether Liu Xun could leave to take advantage of it!

Liu Xun was already brimming with joy.

I am willing to take this trade! The sword came from the system anyways, I have nothing to lose.

"I-I am willing to be your Dao Companion if you let me have the sword!"

A panicked voice came out. Muyue has come up with a shocking and rather irresistible offer!

The entire pavilion was filled with even louder gasps.

All the other geniuses in the Liu Family including Mushang were stunned speechless.

The Most Ancient One has spat out his tea.

The Million Suns covers her eyes with both hands. [There is a gap in between.]

The Peerless Jade Scabbard chuckled at this development saying how cute.

Looks like even the great ones were shocked by the development of this scene.

Mushang gave a helpless smile as he thought to himself - I thought that Brother Liu Xun may need help, but it seems like I was really shortsighted. He is already being flooded with fairies fighting to win over him. I may need to hug his thigh in the future, instead of him hugging mine.

Liu Xun on the other hand began pondering hard.

A modest offer of one's everything or a heavenly pill.

An intimate beauty or strong potential backing.

This is a hard one.

...Actually wait one moment, which head am I even thinking with.

Obviously, the Purple Heaven Gathering Pill. I am 100% confident, no questions asked.

"Senior Qin, this humble one is very willing to accept your offer."

Qin Yixian's eyes glinted with delight.

Liu Muyue's face immediately darkened as she scowled. If those blue boxes were available out of signing in, it may have shown a rather nasty number.

It seems that the winner and loser of the catfight had been decided.

To anger one's neighbor for a stranger. What a time to be in.

Liu Xun thought to himself as he prepared for the trade.

Hmm, I have now found my main issue with a public announcement sign-in system. It appears that I have to come up with an extensive list of Chinese names and also introduce an extensive list of characters. This is already bad enough compared to other xianxias which have a large load of throwaway characters. At one point, I may have to find some way to modify this before I start committing mass fictional genocide.

In case people were wondering about the cultivation levels, it is similar to ISSTH and was explained in Chapter 1 and also in the glossary.

Long Story Short:

0-Unawakened

1-Qi Gathering

2-Essence Foundation

3-Core Formation

Do you prefer titles with a punchline that does not spoil what is the chapter's contents?
  • Yes, I like gimmicky titles. Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, I just want it to be like "7- An irresistible offer" Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care to be honest, just quickly release already. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 1 · This poll was closed on Jun 27, 2021 05:46 AM.
16