Chapter 33. Ready? Set? GO!
6.5k 12 181
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Getting on the field I took a look at all the other students. ‘Man I feel bad about these kids. Welcome to the land of mediocrity, when you're up against protagonists.’ Then pro-hero Midnight got onto the stage. 

‘Ahh geez where am I supposed to look? The costume is about the same as her body color, It’s almost like she's only wearing boots. And what are the broken handcuffs for? They serve no purpose! They are completely aesthetic! I think she just gets off knowing thousands are looking at her while she is dressed like that’ I couldn’t help but sigh as she yelled at being called out as inappropriate for students. ‘Little girls are looking up to heroes, and that is what they see. What if they dress like that for Halloween!? Wait, does this universe even have Halloween?’

 

I found Shinso in the crowd and walked up to him. Earning a few questioning looks from students who noticed. “Sup, Shinso.” I quickly patted him on the shoulder while standing beside him. He was surprised that I was here, but quickly shook it off. ‘I guess he understands I am a man out of the norm by now.’ “Hey” He said giving a small embarrassed smile. Around this time Bakugo was up on the stage as representative. “I’m gonna take first place!!” I immediately groaned. “How conceited can you be? He is like a walking ball of narcissism.” I put my hands to my face to cover the shame of being in the same class as that maniac.

 

Shinso started chuckling. “Well if what you said is correct. With an ego that large, taking him down from his pedestal is gonna be fun.” I smiled. “That is if I don’t get to him first.” Then 'Midnight' came back to the mic on stage to tell us about the first event. The obstacle course race. Me and Shinso both gave a smile to each other just as the horn started, and we were squished between all other students. ‘Ugh this is why I didn’t want to be part of the reporter incident. I can’t use my 2nd gear without electrifying half the school. I’m just gonna have to wait for everybody to spread out when it gets more open.’

 

While thinking of a game plan I felt the chill of ice on the ground, Shinso must have felt it too, because he jumped on a few other students to keep himself ok. I soon followed suit, and watched as most people were attached to the ground. “Good thinking Shinso!” He nodded as we both ran past frozen students only to be met with the towering behemoths that are the 0 point robots. As I was about to make a game plan about one quarter of them were frozen and fell. “He is good, I gotta admit that.” 

 

Then I noticed something. I wasn’t packed with other students. ‘I have enough room for 2nd gear. I don’t really want others to know about it though. The league of villains knows, and that is who I would try to avoid finding out. If that's the case I don’t really have to hide that anymore.’ Coming up with a decision I get away from other students. “2nd Gear!” as I yelled I saw Shinso looking at me with surprise. “Sorry, I’m going on ahead!”

I took off while doing some calculations in my head. ‘If I can last for about an hour and a half before getting to 30% then going for one third of that would leave me with…’ As I was crunching numbers I was also subconsciously dodging through the bots. I found myself slightly ahead of most of class-A, and the rest of the school. ‘What am I, 4th place?’ Hearing a loud ‘BOOM’ behind me, I saw Momo standing next to a cannon. ‘Not complicated, yet still scary powerful.’ I nodded and continued to focus on the road ahead.

181