Chapter 12.4: Lora
774 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

      Lora knew what a slave pen looked like. In the war, it wasn’t uncommon for soldiers to require a…release. There weren’t many safe places in an active war zone, especially one that encompassed an entire world, but what few existed were dens of debauchery. There was one settlement in particular, far behind the lines and embedded in the scarred cliffs. Whenever a new star port or staging ground was opened, it was quickly annihilated. This made orbital drops supremely hazardous, as Lora could attest, but every once in a while a small collection of war assets would solidify to form small towns.

      Brimsmite was the name of one such establishment, and was little better than a mass collection of tents in a crater, overshadowed by the blackened granite cliffs of a broken mountain. It was there that mass collections of gear, ammo, and food-stuffs were consolidated and organized for troops still surviving. It was also one of the only secure places to find a good lay.

      Instead of a red light district, it had an entire red light section that encompassed half its space. Women dispossessed of everything were scooped up like cattle, and sold to the highest bidder. Prisoners of war had it much worse. The S’Hykri mercenaries shared the prisoners as spoils of war. They often branded them to service as slaves, or concubines. On the few occasions Lora had any rest from the lines, she found herself in places like Brimsmite. She hated every minute of it, almost worst than the war zone. 

      Pleasure houses were aplenty, and auctioning houses were often centered in the bars themselves. Lora hated them all, but there was little she could do about it. Even when the war ended, the human trafficking didn’t cease. If anything, It expanded.

      The moment Lora entered Journey’s room, old memories flashed through her mind. Luitenant Rise Righte was stripped naked, and bound to the bed post. His eyes were dilated, and his skin was pale. At first glance, it looked like he was precariously close to overdosing on some extravagant form of narcotic. Between his legs, sat several small cups filled to the brim with gloomy fluids. 

      She didn’t have to wait long before Journey stumbled into the room. Her naked splendor instantly captured Lora’s attention with her milky white skin, and voluptuous curves. The tangy spice of pheromones surrounded the comfort liaison, making it difficult to concentrate. Lora caught her breath, and trusted in her enhanced physiology to counter the worst of the affects.

      Lora wasn’t about to lose her nerve again. She enjoyed spending time with the comfort liaison once before, and that helped her build an immunity to the toxic pheromone laced sweat budding from Journey’s smooth flesh. That didn’t mean she wasn’t tempted, it was hard to not fall under sway from such beauty.

      Lora held onto control, ignoring the tinging sensation in her loins. Yet when she spoke, she couldn’t hide the small waver in her voice. “You have a problem.” It wasn’t a question, but a matter of fact. 

      Journey merely looked up at Lora in return, her glasses a little dirty for wear, with a childish look on her face. “Oh hey! It’s good to see you again.”

      “You told me you wanted to be a soldier, yet all I see in front of me is a whore.” Lora crossed her arms over her chest, and yet her stature failed to intimidate the comfort liaison.

      “You have a problem with that?” The way Journey looked her up and down gave Lora the impression that she was proud.

      “This isn’t you!” Lora was struggling to keep her composure. She wondered what the girl was like before her transformation. 

      Did the augmentations change her? Or did it only reveal the creature lurking deep within? Such thoughts troubled Lora’s mind, she couldn’t help but wonder what similar transformations might unleash within her soul. Then again, her body was already altered beyond typical human standards.

      Journey pouted while watching Lora, who was lost in thought. Journey’s blue eyes gleamed in the warm light. “Of course it’s me.”

      “Why was it you wanted to learn how to fight?” Lora could feel the temptation slowly building beneath her skin. Her stomach was rolling, and her head began to spin. 

      “To…wait?” Journey’s eyes darted back and forth in confusion.

      For a split second, Lora saw the real Journey behind the sultry mirage. “Did you really forget about your brother?”

      “Oh that’s right!” Journey gasped. “I had a brother…”

      “On Sinmore,” Lora couldn’t believe Journey forgot her own brother. 

      “Sinmore,” the word flowed from Journey’s tongue like a thick sponge. “I was going to find him.” She looked down. “I…don’t think he’ll like seeing me like this.”

      For the very first time, Lora saw rationalization dawning in the comfort liaisons eyes. Yet there was a lingering madness lurking just underneath the thin layer of sanity.

      “Don’t you see this is kinda messed up?” Lora asked her sincerely.

      Journey stumbled on her feet. She looked over her shoulder as if someone was standing behind her, and even muttered to herself. Eventually she started speaking with a louder voice. “But…maybe…”

      “You need to clear your head. You look insane..” Lora tried to comfort her.

      Journey’s fingers twitched. She looked over to Rise who was still tied to the bed post, and the cups filled with his delicious seed. Slowly the madness started to return to the surface.

      “Let him go, he needs medical attention.” 

      “But, I need—“ Journey’s lips were practically drooling.

      “Haven’t you done enough already?” Lora asked.

      “But…”

      Lora placed a hand on Journey’s shoulder. Just as her bare fingers touched Journey’s naked skin, she felt her feet give out from underneath her. Erratic lights danced in front of her eyes as Lora felt a thick bead of sweat stroll down her breast. Her heart skipped a beat, and she felt incredibly light headed. 

      To her credit, Journey didn’t seize upon Lora’s weakened state to take advantage. Instead, the comfort liaison crouched on her knees and tried to help.

      “Journey!” Lora gasped as she felt her stomach lurch, “I think…I think I’m pregnant.” 

11